Sanyo PLV-Z3 Projector STOPPED displaying anything - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
using HDMI it just says no signal, when my computer obviously recognizes it. I can adjust resolution, refresh rate etc, but the sanyo z3 just doesn't get any signal

it was working 30 mins ago. I have been using it on my mac mini for 2 days working great as a 2nd display (editing a feature film)

then I had to switch projector to my PC laptop for a second (that was probably my mistake). It worked once on the PC laptop. Then when I switched back to the mac mini, NOTHING

now neither my mac mini NOR my PC laptop seem to be able to put a signal into the projector, yet they both still recognize the projector

I'm borrowing this projector and I only have it for another couple days and I really gotta see the picture on the projection size

I read something about hdmi handshakes. I already tried powering down. Turning on projector first, then 20 seconds later turning on mac mini, still nothing

any help you can give would be greatly appreciated and I could try to put your name in special thanks in the credits !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
If it's just a "handshake" issue, then powering down, and powering up the devices in different order will normally solve it, if the cables are good. So try it powering 'em up one way, if it doesn't work, try reversing the power up order. If that doesn't fix it, try a different device to see if a signal can be displayed. Still no signal after that, you might try a different cable. If those don't work, there may be an issue with the pj? Might want to check the output resolution/refresh rates are set to be compatible with the pj's requirements.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I tried multiple hdmi cables, multiple devices feeding the hdmi signal. i've tried reversing the order. I've changed resolution and refresh rate to every possible option

EDID i think is working since both computers recognize the name of the sanyo and know its resolution options and refresh rate options, my graphics card is definitely outputting a signal. looks like time to call up sanyo hopefully they have some answers

i'm also just borrowing it so i'm nervous about returning it possibly not working! all i did was plug into 2 deivces!

sanyo you better have some ANSWERS !!! wish me luck
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page