HD70 poooofffff?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have or should I say had a HD70. It was doing the color wheel changing issue. So the wife said try blowing it out. Well with out thinking I did and the pj was on. I blew it out all around it then on the side with the lens I received a blow of fire like something blew on the inside. Any advice here? I have this torn apart but I am not sure where to look to see what is blown. I tried a new bulb and the unit fires up but nothing happens. The fans run, but no picture. HELP someone who listened to his wife and did not ask or think first. Yes, I admit that was a STUPID move on my part!! No really we are at a loss here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 130
The propellent in the can of air ignited when it hit the 2000 degree lamp! I did the same thing with one of my first used Epson projectors. burned the gold coating off the first lens after the lamp but it still worked..
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

The propellent in the can of air ignited when it hit the 2000 degree lamp! I did the same thing with one of my first used Epson projectors. burned the gold coating off the first lens after the lamp but it still worked..

THANK YOU!!!! You saved me a lot of money as I was ready to go out and buy a new one. Your right it does work. I tried a different bulb and it did not work. I took the Optoma bulb out and cleaned the housing and the inside of the lens, did not touch the bulb though while cleaning and put it back together!! Works great and even was able to enjoy a movie! Thank you!biggrin.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd70 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - 720p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page