is 7 foot ceiling enough if I'm using the BM5001U ceiling mount? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just moved and unfortunately the only house I could find in the area that was suitable for our needs has the basement ceiling at 7feet the last place was 9feet... I have the BM5001U mount: is 7 feet high enough?? the top of the screen has to be 8" below the center of the lens, so I'm wondering if the screen might be too low.

My upstairs ceiling is 9 feet, but I really want to have my man cave as lighting is easily controlled there. Any suggestions? I'd like to rest the top of the screen on along the ceiling, but unfortunately the hd20 doesn't have lens shift.

Does anyone else have a 7 foot ceiling setup with a ceiling mounted HD20?

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have a 100" fixed EliteScreen and would like to continue using the full screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Curious to hear...I have hd3300 and 7' ceiling. I think we ordered a universal mount from best buy. Idk which one
post #3 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by majikmann View Post

I just moved and unfortunately the only house I could find in the area that was suitable for our needs has the basement ceiling at 7feet the last place was 9feet... I have the BM5001U mount: is 7 feet high enough?? the top of the screen has to be 8" below the center of the lens, so I'm wondering if the screen might be too low.

My upstairs ceiling is 9 feet, but I really want to have my man cave as lighting is easily controlled there. Any suggestions? I'd like to rest the top of the screen on along the ceiling, but unfortunately the hd20 doesn't have lens shift.

Does anyone else have a 7 foot ceiling setup with a ceiling mounted HD20?

With the HD20 or any fixed offset projector without lens shift you are not going to be able to ceiling mount the projector AND have the top of the image abut the ceiling.

You can table mount the projector and have the image all the way to the ceiling or you can ceiling mount and have the screen be below the ceiling. You can't have both of these things unless you are willing to change projectors.

If you are concerned about whether the projector will simply hang too low in the room... that depends on your room, traffic patterns and aesthetic requirements but all of those are independent of the technical limitations of the HD20 placement options.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by megdagooch View Post

Curious to hear...I have hd3300 and 7' ceiling. I think we ordered a universal mount from best buy. Idk which one

Regardless of the mount the same issues apply to the HD3300 due to the fixed offset.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the screen will be really low to the ground. Especially since I will have a home cinema setup with risers for the back row seats. this kinda sux. lol
post #6 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post

Regardless of the mount the same issues apply to the HD3300 due to the fixed offset.
That's was what I thought
post #7 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

anyone else ever run into this? any solutions?
post #8 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 49
You could always angle the projector up and correct the resulting keystone with the digital keystone (I am sure I will hear a lot of flack from you purist out there but its not a mortal sin). Or you could also angle the screen down to correct the keystone without using digital correction. Its cheaper than buying a projector with vertical lens shift or then again maybe its a good excuse for an upgrade

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #9 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Actually I found a great solution! I bought the Optoma 5001U ceiling mount from peerless mounts... and wouldn't you know, you can adjust the projector angle!! It worked perfectly! I'll post pics later. So if you have a low ceiling this is the way to go with the HD20..
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page