Input Lag and Picture Quality: Alternatives to Optoma GT750? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!
Researching reviews and forum threads to try to decide on my next projector (or if I don't go projector, a low-lag 55"+ HDTV).

I play a lot of games, but on the PC, not Xbox/PS3. I also love watching movies, especially black and white movies. So while the Optoma GT750 is exactly what I want for input lag, its 720p resolution and its so-so blacks are big drawbacks for me. If I could find the GT750 on sale for less than $600 somewhere I would still consider it, but I can only find it for about $700 and I've read enough to know that the offerings really open up if one spends just a few hundred more.

So (unless I find a good deal on the GT750) I'd like a projector that's as much like the Optoma GT750 as possible, but with 1080P, strong blacks, and shadow detail at least as good. I have a 2.8 gain screen so brightness isn't an issue. 3D would be nice but it definitely isn't necessary. I won't consider any projector with an input lag average higher than 15ms, but under 10ms would be ideal. Don't argue me on this one; I play games where every ms counts, I hate any ping over 50ms :P

Also my screen is 160" 4:3. Most PJs aren't 4:3 anymore. That could be a bother, huh? I have a 4:3 screen because my first projectors were big CRT-projectors and their raster area is primed for 4:3. Coming from CRT projectors is another reason why I really want a digital PJ with good blacks, so when I make the change it feels like a total upgrade.

I could easily put up with any aspect ratio, any lacking feature or any kind of inconvenience just so that I got a projector with 1080P and super-low input lag. Those two qualities are the most important to me, above any other concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
does anybody know input lag times of acer 6510 & benq 1070?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have seen reports of 17ms-50ms for the w1070. I have a W1070 and it is excellent for gaming on my PS3, and lag is not an issue at all. Its an awesome projector!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The new review of the Acer H6510bd at Projectorreviews.com says "Using our usual methods, the Acer H6510 clocked in over a range from a low of about 12ms to a high in the upper 30ms, depending on what controls are engaged. "
Tony_Montana likes this.

Tags
Optoma Gt750 Projector