Projector sizing and correct projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just building a new house and want to put a projector in and trying to work out the best choice. The room is @13" wide with @8" ceiling and needs to be ceiling mounted with a recessed screen, I've had a look at a couple of projectors and liked the HD33 but from what I've read seems like the HD25 or W1070 are probably the best options for what I need and I can get them both easily.
Using the calculators and estimating that I'd probably have around a @11.5" throw the HD25/33 both seem to be perfect for a 106" screen, the W1070 looks like it will only just work on a 106", since I have to spec the screen before I can put the projector in the room I obviously need to get it right. Do the numbers I've listed sound right to people as I need to order the screen soon?
On the projector I can get the W1070 for the best price (but can't see it in person) and the reviews seem to be pretty split before the HD25 and W1070 though sounds like for me the W1070 might have the edge out of those two since I'm more interested in 2D, the HD33 is the wild card as though on paper the specs are lower than the HD25 it seems to rate better in a number of tests though its also more expensive (I'm not in the US so run outs and specials don't count for me) and I have viewed one and was pretty happy with the output it gave. Out of those and with a 106" screen am I right and they will all work or do I need to play it safe and stick with the Optoma that seems to have a little more flexibility in position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed the zoom settings on BenQ's calculator didn't go to the full range off the W1070 so I had a bit more adjustment than I thought so it works fine, got a really good price on a W1070 so my decision turned out to be pretty easy in the end.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page