Epson TW110?? Anyone hear of this one?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2002, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an order in on a TW100 but now the company I decided to order from claims they can only get me a TW110... I don't even know what a TW110 is! Epson claims its an updated version of the TW100 according to the retailer, but dare I really purchase a newer version without knowing what it does?

Does anybody have any idea what this might be? Could this merely be the TW100 with the new firmware and now sold as the TW110?

/Kimmo

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
-- From The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy by Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2002, 06:26 AM

Kimmo,

Epson have a model TS10, which is the 4:3 equivalent of the TW100. It seems unlikely that Epson would be intoducing a substantially new model so soon. Hell, I've only just received my TW100 !

Allan
Old 06-17-2002, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I agree, it's weird. But the company representative insisted it was a TW110 and that he could no longer get the TW100.

I basically gave him the goahead to get one. Worst case scenario, I send the darn thing back. Best case scenario, I get something even better than the TW100.

I agree though that its very odd that Epson would create a new version so quickly, so something strange is going on. The retailer didn't even try to hike the price up or anything, though, rather the opposite; told me that the price was higher but that they'd sell it to me at the same rate as the older model.

Should be interesting.

/Kimmo

Old 06-17-2002, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kimmo Jaskari
Yeah, I agree, it's weird. But the company representative insisted it was a TW110 and that he could no longer get the TW100.

I basically gave him the goahead to get one. Worst case scenario, I send the darn thing back. Best case scenario, I get something even better than the TW100.

I agree though that its very odd that Epson would create a new version so quickly, so something strange is going on. The retailer didn't even try to hike the price up or anything, though, rather the opposite; told me that the price was higher but that they'd sell it to me at the same rate as the older model.

Should be interesting.
I guess that it is Cyberphoto you are buying from... I gave them a call today when I noticed that the TW100 was missing from their pricelist!

They told me that the TW100 was obsolete and that it couldn’t be ordered anymore! I told them that it was a new model and that it just couldn’t be obsolete yet! He then tried to get in contact with who ever is responsible for their projector products, but he had already left for the day. He then talked to someone else in the shop and then told me about the TW110!?!

I can’t find any references to a TW110 at Epson or anywhere else. No press release, nothing. I haven’t had time to call Epson Sweden yet but this sounds very strange to me...

Kimmo, did they say how much more they wanted for the “new†TW110? I always found the price they quoted for the “obsolete†TW100 to good to be true! Their prices are usually good but I always get suspicious when Swedish prices are on par with or even lower than the lowest I can find in the rest of Europe...

The answer is technology! What was the question?
Old 06-17-2002, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Actually, suggested retail in Finland is 5990 euros and Cyberphoto (indeed it is that company I've been dealing with) was selling it at 5550 euros. Not a huge difference but still worth while. The lowest I've seen it in Europe is 4900 but I was loath to order from a company who wanted advance payment and I had no info about it.

They wanted about 3000 swedish kronas more for the TW110 (but since I ordered a 100 and they cannot deliver they offered it to me at the same price).

More serious is that it took them 7 days to start giving me useful information. I was right on the verge of cancelling the order and buying it at a Finnish company instead. Would have gotten me closer to the finnish retail price but not all the way up to 5950 euros.

Right now I'm not sure which way I'll go. Leaning towards waiting and seeing what they come up with.

I agree I find the whole business kind of strange. Perhaps Allan nailed it and they will be sending me a TS10... which I guarantee they will get back fairly quickly unopened. ;)

/Kimmo

Old 06-17-2002, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, just got email confirmation from Epson.co.uk (the European HQ for Epson) that there is no such product as an EMP-TW110.

Now I'd just like to know what the guys at Cyberphoto (or rather, the people supplying them with machines) are high on. ;)

/Kimmo