Optoma GT750 Issues - Uneven Focus and Blue Tint in Corners - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got a brand new Optoma GT750 and I have been using it for about 2-3 weeks now. I have been using it a lot and it currently has about 60-70 hours of use on the unit and bulb. I use it for about 60% Gaming (PC and Console) and 40% movies. Like a lot of GT750 owners that are gamers, the main selling point of this projector was it's very low to zero input lag and it's ability to do native 120Hz.

Anyhow, I am having a couple of issues with my GT750 and I wanted to see if they were normal for this projector or not.

My Setup:

I have my GT750 sitting on a coffee table projecting onto an off-white wall (might be getting a screen soon). It is projecting at around 140 inches. I am almost certain that I have the projector perfectly perpendicular to the wall it's projecting on and the wall itself is clean and not discolored in anyway. Also this is my first projector to ever own, but I know a lot more than the basics when it comes to projectors.

Here are the issues that I am having:

1) Uneven Focus. I am getting uneven focus from top to bottom. For example, when I get the top section of the screen in perfect focus, the lower part of the screen is then slightly out of focus and vice versa. This issue is mainly noticeable with text and icons.

2) Slight blueish tint in upper left and right corners. This blueish tint is really only noticeable on a white screen, for example web browsing. The blueish tint seems to be worse in the upper right area than the upper left area. Sometimes it even looks like the far left part of the screen looks more "cool" and then the middle part "warm" and then the far right extremely "cool", if that makes any sense. It is not noticeable when watching movies or gaming, since there is rarely a pure white moment. But this issue is still there and nagging me.

Both of these issues have been there since day 1.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased my GT750 from Best Buy and I am still within my 60 day return/exchange window (Premier Silver Member). I am not really interested in any other projectors at the moment, and I have been debating on just returning my GT750 completely and picking up a 60 or 65 inch Panasonic Plasma instead. But of course 140 inches versus 65 inches is a big difference. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I would exchange it.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah I ended up just doing a full return to Best Buy a few hours ago. I am going to give some other short throw projectors a try and see how I like them.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Gt750 Projector
Gear in this thread - Gt750 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page