Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 10-22-2014, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
Just received this as posted above - aliexpress bulb. Will install it today. Has printed OSRAM info, not etched.

Received mine today from same place as above,14 days shipping to Australia cost $95au. As above printed osram looks same as orig, got as spare so won't use for awhile so can't report on how it performs yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 10-23-2014, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Considering

I am strongly considering purchasing one of these for myself. We use the projector as our main TV so I love the idea of having a spare bulb on hand but that said we only have 1500 hours on the projector in the roughly 6 months we have had it and use it exclusively on SmartEco. I am hesitant to buy a spare that has only a 6 month warranty when I very well might not need it for another 18 months. I will probably just keep an eye on it and at the first sign of degradation or issue of the current bulb I will go ahead and order the spare.

As a note on installation of the bulb, do you have to wear gloves when handling the bulb? Is it fairly easy to replace? I work on computers for a living so I am no stranger to opening something up and replacing parts, but never a projector.

Are these instructions correct?: "Remove the top cover, remove a few screws, pull the lamp housing up and clip off 2 wires and pull the lamp out. Reverse this to install."

Has anyone taken pictures or found a guide with pictures of this process? I just want to make sure I have it exactly right and don't want to take any risks...this projector is probably the best purchase I have ever made but if I accidentally messed it up my wife probably wouldn't let me buy another
post #63 of 66 Old 10-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Why don't you just order it now and replace your current bulb with the new one, use it for six months until the warranty expires, then swap it back out? Use the same principle as having two pairs of sneakers. They'll last twice as long if you alternate them. That way you keep the slope of your brightness degradation lower.

I probably need to order a new bulb myself, come of think of it. I'm over 4000 hours now and it's definitely getting darker. Most of the time it's fine, but for 3D movies it's definitely too dim.
post #64 of 66 Old 11-03-2014, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just received my second one as a spare. I would go for it if anyone is on the fence. Good deal and you'll have it if you need it.

I did not wear gloves when changing mine. Just take note of my previous comments about the changeout, it's pretty easy if your a detailed kind of person which you are if you work on computers.
post #65 of 66 Old 11-13-2014, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought from Amazon.de one bulb OSRAM P-VIP 240/0.8 E20.8

I didn't payed attention that the bulb that I needed was E20.9, so the one that I bought was 2mm smaller in diameter, and it didn't fit tightly inside the lamp.

After all I managed to install it, but the image is so dimmed.

I tried to ship it back, but it looks that I can't...Amazon's policy that I cand return it because it contains mercury.

So I payed 80€ for a bulb that it's ok only for movies...for TV, games and as a monitor for my Mac Mini is horrible.

The original bulb exploded inside the lamp, and the piece of glass in front of the bulb has two scratches that can be seen when projected...

So I deicided to order the original 5J.J7L05.001 lamp with bulb included from beamershop24.net for 200€.

I hope it will be as bright as the original one.
post #66 of 66 Old 11-21-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
you should have bought the Osram P-VIP 280/0.9 E20.9. thats 142 euro. its running for 4500 hours now.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page