Bare Bulb replacemnet for Benq W1070 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My question is, is it ok to buy replacement bare bulbs from sites like ebay and just change the bulb instead of the whole module/housing? I've found replacement bare bulbs ranging from $96 to $140 where as the only Benq w1070 certified replacements come with the housing and cost around $250 to $260.

Does anyone just buy and replace the bare bulbs? If so it would be great if you could recommend a trustworthy seller.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Stay away from cheap lamps, they're usually counterfeit. Sometimes a cheap burner is installed in an OEM reflector and not properly aligned.
Plus if you buy a bare bulb, even if it assembled in the reflector properly, you have to connect the wires. One slip or overtightening the screws and you're out the $100.
After Best Buy used a counterfeit lamp on my Samsung DLP (lasted 1000hrs) I got a replacement from Discount-Merchant.com. They use OEM Philips lamps. I bought the full carrier assembly because I didn't want any optical alignment issues.

td
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply tucsondave.

I looked through the website you supplied but couldn't find any lamps for the Benq w1070.
I'm still willing to give the bare bulb installation a shot if the price is right and if I can find a seller with genuine bare bulbs. If anyone has had experience and success with installing a bare bulb on a benqw1070 it would be great if you could share your experience and where you purchase them from.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-man82 View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. My question is, is it ok to buy replacement bare bulbs from sites like ebay and just change the bulb instead of the whole module/housing? I've found replacement bare bulbs ranging from $96 to $140 where as the only Benq w1070 certified replacements come with the housing and cost around $250 to $260.

Does anyone just buy and replace the bare bulbs? If so it would be great if you could recommend a trustworthy seller.

Thanks

Doing anything but using the original BenQ OEM lamp is pretty much a crap shoot. Save yourself time, money and aggravation and get the right one. Let alone possible damaging your pj by the lamp exploding.

Try Provantage.com they usually have them at the best price $218 or so as I recall

Rew.

Rew
BenQ W1070 |Lumagen RadianceXS-3D |Panasonic BDT310
Denon AVR-x5200w | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS4 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 |TRL/TRR =Bose 161 |Sub =Titanic Mk 10"
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Cheers for the advice mate,

I checked it out and they were $216 but with shipping It'll cost $258, probably should have mentioned I live in Australia. lol

Most of the lamps I have found In Australia are around the $250-260 mark, I guess that's just what it'll cost. stings a bit when the projector itself only cost me $850. I Can't complain though I'm loving the w1070 for the price.

Thanks for the feedback

If any one in Australia has found a cheaper place to buy the Benq w1070 lamp let us Know. smile.gif
Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Liked: 32
The reason you are unable to find replacements for the W1070 is that you need to look for the following: Projector Lamp Part#: 5J.J7L05.001

Look for the replacement part not the projector model number.

Here is a source for an original 'bare lamp' still AU$153.90:

http://www.digitalcameras.com.au/product.aspx?productid=433959

Here is an 'original lamp inside' deal for AU$203.56:

http://www.digitalcameras.com.au/product.aspx?productid=433959

You should know that the changeover is very simple in this projector. Remove the top cover, remove a few screws, pull the lamp housing up and clip off 2 wires and pull the lamp out. Reverse this to install. Simple!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hey OZReddog, sorry about the late reply, thanks for the info. I have been to that website and it's probably the only place I've found that looks trustworthy and has decent prices.

Just to make sure, when you say:
Quote:
You should know that the changeover is very simple in this projector. Remove the top cover, remove a few screws, pull the lamp housing up and clip off 2 wires and pull the lamp out. Reverse this to install. Simple!

Do you mean the changeover of the "bare" lamp (Bulb) in the w1070 is simple and have you done this yourself? Or do you mean it's simple to change the whole lamp unit/housing?

Cheers
Old 08-19-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-man82 View Post

Do you mean the changeover of the "bare" lamp (Bulb) in the w1070 is simple and have you done this yourself? Or do you mean it's simple to change the whole lamp unit/housing?

Cheers

Obviously, as I said 'pull the lamp housing up and clip off 2 wires and pull the lamp out' I was referring to a 'bare lamp' replacement. Yes I have removed and replaced the housing and the bulb myself. I got mine from AliExpress but you need to be a member and you may not be comfortable with the system as it is Chinese (I note your comment 'looks trustworthy and has decent prices'). I have used it a number of times and the delivery is fast and I have found the sellers reliable. I got my lamp for under AU$100 shipped (US$88) and it arrived in 10 days. It was a genuine Osram (as fitted to the projector originally) but had the 'Osram' name smudged out and a serial number in its place. Same bulb life and specs etc. So I am happy. I bought it as a back up so that when the original bulb fails I am not left high and dry.

Both are very simple. To replace the housing is extremely easy. Unscrew one screw from the side of the projector to release the top cover, which then unclips. There is a clear plastic film shield over the opening to the lamp, I am told this is to keep out dust. Pull the plastic shield off using the tab. Take out one screw closest to the lense end and the housing pulls up via the handle. Put the new one in and push down to engage the electrical connection, replace the screw, replace the plastic shield, clip on the cover and replace the side screw .... done in less than 5 minutes!

Now with a 'bare lamp' replacement the additional steps are: With the housing out of the projector, unclip the two power leads noting the orientation of the lamp and which wire goes to which side (this may be unnecessary but a good precaution) you may want to label these. Next unscrew the holding screws around the lamp. There are a few of these around the perimeter. The 'bare lamp' should then simply slide out. Put the new replacement lamp back into the housing, noting the orientation so that the wires can be reclipped onto the lamp, i.e. the silver clips facing the same way as before. Put the retainers back and rescrew. Clip on the two power wires and the housing is ready to go back, follow the above steps to reinstall the housing.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZReddog View Post

I have used it a number of times and the delivery is fast and I have found the sellers reliable. I got my lamp for under AU$100 shipped (US$88) and it arrived in 10 days. It was a genuine Osram (as fitted to the projector originally) but had the 'Osram' name smudged out and a serial number in its place. Same bulb life and specs etc. So I am happy.

After an incident last night I was strongly considering a backup lamp. Did you use this seller?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OSRAM-Original-projector-Lamp-5J-J7L05-001-FOR-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST-OEM/1311982389.html

Also do you think the bulb you get from aliexpress is the same as from this amazon seller? Read the comments it does not give confidence.
http://www.amazon.com/Awo-Lamps-5J-J7L05-001-Original-Projector-Compatible/dp/B00CXKRFZS

Now for some deails of the incident. The lamp is only 820 hours. Last night after less than 2 hours of watching, I heard a not-so-loud bang and the projector immediately blanked out (the movie was still playing and sound coming out of amp). At that time the LED indicators on the 1070 did not change, however after half a minute the lamp LED showed red. So this is a lamp fault indicator by the books.

There's nothing for me to do at that time, so I unplugged the power and waited half an hour. Then switch it on. It came back to life as if nothing happened. The lamp is still as bright as before. So I was really puzzled why it suddenly shut down with red LED. Overheating? Power surge? Anyone has similar experiences?

In any way, that should be a big blow to the lamp life.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjt133 View Post

After an incident last night I was strongly considering a backup lamp. Did you use this seller?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OSRAM-Original-projector-Lamp-5J-J7L05-001-FOR-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST-OEM/1311982389.html

No not the same seller, I purchased this one .... but ... the price is considerably more now, was US $88 now US $106.99, both shipped free. It is still a better deal than the one you list above by a few US$s.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Bare-Bulb-5J-J7L05-001-Lamp-for-Projector-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST/933097468.html

In fact with a little searching here is a far better deal at under US$80 delivered (with current 10% off)! In the listing it shows that it is an Osram lamp, see photos:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-projector-Lamp-Bulb-5J-J7L05-001-for-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST-projector/1102318981.html
Quote:
Also do you think the bulb you get from aliexpress is the same as from this amazon seller? Read the comments it does not give confidence.
http://www.amazon.com/Awo-Lamps-5J-J7L05-001-Original-Projector-Compatible/dp/B00CXKRFZS

As I said previously the lamp I received was EXACTLY the same as the original Osram lamp, it is identical. The box it came in had the correct product number and bar codes. The only difference was that the name 'Osram' was smudged and an id number over printed. I suspect that the supplier did this to ensure that you didnt say that the lamp supplied was broken on arrival and you send back your original failed lamp and keep the new lamp they supplied, i.e. product tracking.

That listing on Amazon looks sus to me. I have never had a problem with Aliexpress. Prompt delivery and great service. Also, Aliexpress hold your payment from the seller until you notify them that the item has been received and is in good condition, I think their service is better than paypal in this aspect.
Quote:
Now for some details of the incident. The lamp is only 820 hours. Last night after less than 2 hours of watching, I heard a not-so-loud bang and the projector immediately blanked out (the movie was still playing and sound coming out of amp). At that time the LED indicators on the 1070 did not change, however after half a minute the lamp LED showed red. So this is a lamp fault indicator by the books.

I have had that happen when I inadvertently partially blocked the vent on the side of the projector and it shut down. That was during the firework telecast last new year's eve and it has been fine ever since. No idea in your case, but ......
Old 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Thanks for your helpful responses, @OZReddog. Nice to know bare-bulb replacements on this awesome projector are so simple to do.

For me, taking into account shipping, both suggested options (here and here) work out roughly the same delivered. It's astounding the price difference between this and BenQ's official shop (which lists the bulb at $250! Though I guess that does include housing: but it's still rather steep....)

One thing bothering me a bit about these bare-bulb replacements is that the product descriptions all indicate 'Replacement projector bulb life expectancy: 2000-3000 Hours.' Isn't this a bit of a far cry from the original 5000 (Eco)/6000(Smart-Eco) ratings supplied by BenQ themselves?

Or is it standard 'better to estimate too little than too much' sales fare...?

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Thanks OZReddog. $80 delivered is cheap. But the other one you listed has very few feedback (only one actually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post

One thing bothering me a bit about these bare-bulb replacements is that the product descriptions all indicate 'Replacement projector bulb life expectancy: 2000-3000 Hours.' Isn't this a bit of a far cry from the original 5000 (Eco)/6000(Smart-Eco) ratings supplied by BenQ themselves?

I guess the estimated life is on standard mode, but even then the 1070's standard lamp life is 3500hrs.

So either all these sellers don't know (and wouldn't care) of the real life span. They just use a standard 2000-3000 number. They only need to give 3 month warranty.

Or they are all fake. And we all know how easy it is to print the correct lable and logo. We as the general consumer have no way to prove or disprove their originality, unless you install and use it for at least 2000 hours then you can comfortably say it is real.

But I'm willing to take a gamble on that $80 lamp. Even if it only lives half as long I'm ok with it. Considering my factory lamp started to show problems even on 820 hours. - I used it another 2.5 hours yesterday but it did not show that problem.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:49 PM

Keep in mind that the Osram lamps are made in China anyway. So I think that they all come from the same factory. Sure the numbers can be faked but why bother. Things in China are very cheap and the sellers from Aliexpress are reliable and honest. Do you realise how expensive it would be to set up a plant to 'fake' this and dozens of other projector lamps, glass and ceramic moulding/forming, reflector coating, bulb forming etc.? It would not be economically viable.

Yes I would agree with the 'standard' lamp life being quoted. These sellers are not concerned with the 'real' lamp life. And I think that they tend to be conservative.

It is a bare lamp and therefore there is a price difference between the Benq complete housing but for a bit of tin and plastic the difference is considerable. Some bare lamp replacements can be fraught with alignment problems but the W1070 is very easy and straight forward.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:50 PM

In general there's no point to deliberately setup a plant and fake a bulb (unlike a smartphone which they do). But there're deeper things happens in the business, such as selling the same OSRAM rolling out of the assembly line but failed QC in some areas. It's still genuine and may work fine. These are the things we don't know so we take a gamble. My point is we, as a general consumer, have no way to know the details unless you're in that particular business.

That said, even the one comes from Benq can have problems, so gambling on the cheap bulb is worth it.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Agree, all of life is a gamble. I note the comment re off quality 'genuine' product being sold off. My experience however has been that many of the suppliers on Aliexpress buy a small to moderate quantity direct from the factory and sell them off, hence the small turnover/feedback numbers. I have not had a dud item yet (said with fingers crossed and touching wood at the time).

I replaced my side rear view mirror (glass part only) on my Colorado ute for under AU$40 shipped from the factory in Thailand when a replacement here in Australia is AU$130. Exactly the same and probably from the 3rd party supplier to GM in Thailand.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi Guys,

Ordered the bulb from this link in OZReddog's post: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-projector-Lamp-Bulb-5J-J7L05-001-for-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST-projector/1102318981.html

The bulb i received is a low quality fake, buyer beware.

I can upload images, how do you do it on this forum?

Cheers
Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capzor View Post

Hi Guys,

Ordered the bulb from this link in OZReddog's post: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-projector-Lamp-Bulb-5J-J7L05-001-for-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST-projector/1102318981.html

The bulb i received is a low quality fake, buyer beware.

I can upload images, how do you do it on this forum?

Cheers

Please note: The above quoted link is NOT the seller I purchased my bulb from. Remember caveat emptor.

This is the one I purchased:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Bare-Bulb-5J-J7L05-001-Lamp-for-Projector-BENQ-W1070-W1080ST/933097468.html

I would be most interested in why you say it is a fake. Note my comments earlier regarding the production costs in producing any bulb are extremely prohibitive. So please post your 'fake' information as I am most interested. I am very happy with the one I purchased.

Re posting images: Above the 'reply box' below there is a line of symbols. If you click on the box with a group of 2 mountains and a sun it will allow you to link a photo. If you hover your mouse over that symbol it will give the message 'image' so you can check it is the right box to click.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Hi guys, beware of image spam..
Cheers for the heads up on how to post images!

Just some pics with some notations, of course just for info purposes, interpret data as you wish..

Much appreciated the info provided in this thread, of course there is always risk involved with some of this stuff, i hope to help peeps find the good stuff easier..

no offence intended of course, just passing info OZReddog

P.S edit looking at post images, they're utter bollocks compared to what i see on my windows. maybe ill upload full resolution somewhere if needed, just let me know.

kreeturez likes this.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 PM

Sorry to see about your experience. It certainly is very different to mine. I got a genuine one but with a serial number/id overprinted on the 'Osram' word. Appreciate the photos as I have never seen one like this. Just out of interest what packaging did it come in? Mine came in an original grey card box complete with the projector lamp bar codes.

As you purchased from Aliexpress you are protected. Report the problem via the website as your money is not released to the seller until you tell them that you are satisfied. Use the 'Help' button at the top, then the 'Submit a Complaint' option.

They are really good in this regard. You could first contact the seller and let them know that there is a problem and give them an opportunity to rectify the fault. They do say original and the photos on their listing do not match what you have so you do have a claim. If the seller does not come to the party you could then contact Ali and lodge a claim. DO NOT click on any button re completion as this automatically releases the money.

Please let us know what happens.

Edit: Great photos by the way, very helpful for all.

Just did a double check on my lamp, comparing to the photos you posted, and all the 'genuine' aspects are correct so I believe I received the genuine thing. Maybe I was lucky but I have had only good experiences with Aliexpress, except for one seller who reneged on a cheap price, Aliexpress sorted it out promptly.
Capzor likes this.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:

Just out of interest what packaging did it come in? 

It came in a rather generic looking grey box, here i have a blurry pic :)

Cheers for the advice, i sent in a dispute on aliexpress, hopefully it all gets sorted out!

Old 03-15-2014, 12:57 AM

Hmm, similar box but I guess that means nothing. Keep us posted with progress. Regards and all the best.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post

Ratings of bulbs mean zilch, nothing, ZERO, -99, hence they mean about as much as that one-night stand in college.

The manufacturers come up with rating systems of lamps based on a silly metric that is pulled out of the blue based on some statistics of lamp longevity, but more so mixed with some business metrics and marketing (the marketing takes over, some MFR's take the approach of rating the lamps VERY low simply because they figured they'd sell more lamps that way). Hence, the original Benq w6000's and w7000's had lamps rated at 2000-3000 hours, but guess what, my Benq w7000 has 7500 hours on the original lamp, and the lamp was rated at 2500 hours. That's 3x the rated life. My Benq w7000 lamp (paired with my 2.4 gain High Power screen) is still bright enough for regular watching or movies, about 12-14 fL in ECO mode, but it's now gotten to the point at 7500 hours to where I will replace it simply because it's time.

Let's take a JVC lamp, it was rated at 2000 hours, it lasted 1500 hours then exploded, but most people only got 600-900 hours out of their JVC lamps.

The lamps are the same technology between these units for the most part, similar anyhow, though it seems or may appear some of the newer lamps in some of the $3000+ projectors are of a higher quality. The cooling of the projector and the design of the lamp area is more so what determines the longevity of the lamp than the rating. However, there are some MFR variances and defective manufacturing in a few of them. Generally speaking though, most of the lamps in these projectors are all of a pretty good quality, with a few blips here and there in the MFR process caused by some business guy at a company trying to cut corners and taking a lower bidder on the BULK lamp purchases for their companies' projectors. However, they have generally wised up and now realize it does not pay off to do so, because it will bite them in the end by having lower sales when people see trends of exploding or failing lamps (hence JVC and Epson prior to 2012).

How long a lamp lasts depends more so on how bright you start the projector out as, hence 90% of the time the lamp will just get too dim, but the ratings mean absolutely nothing for the most part.

SOURCE:

Coderguy
PHD in Lampology with a minor in Refractive Physics
(ok not really, but trust me I just know!)

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Old 03-15-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Ratings of bulbs mean zilch, nothing, ZERO, -99, hence they mean about as much as that one-night stand in college.

The manufacturers come up with rating systems of lamps based on a silly metric that is pulled out of the blue based on some statistics of lamp longevity, but more so mixed with some business metrics and marketing (the marketing takes over, some MFR's take the approach of rating the lamps VERY low simply because they figured they'd sell more lamps that way). Hence, the original Benq w6000's and w7000's had lamps rated at 2000-3000 hours, but guess what, my Benq w7000 has 7500 hours on the original lamp, and the lamp was rated at 2500 hours. That's 3x the rated life. My Benq w7000 lamp (paired with my 2.4 gain High Power screen) is still bright enough for regular watching or movies, about 12-14 fL in ECO mode, but it's now gotten to the point at 7500 hours to where I will replace it simply because it's time.

Let's take a JVC lamp, it was rated at 2000 hours, it lasted 1500 hours then exploded, but most people only got 600-900 hours out of their JVC lamps.

The lamps are the same technology between these units for the most part, similar anyhow, though it seems or may appear some of the newer lamps in some of the $3000+ projectors are of a higher quality. The cooling of the projector and the design of the lamp area is more so what determines the longevity of the lamp than the rating. However, there are some MFR variances and defective manufacturing in a few of them. Generally speaking though, most of the lamps in these projectors are all of a pretty good quality, with a few blips here and there in the MFR process caused by some business guy at a company trying to cut corners and taking a lower bidder on the BULK lamp purchases for their companies' projectors. However, they have generally wised up and now realize it does not pay off to do so, because it will bite them in the end by having lower sales when people see trends of exploding or failing lamps (hence JVC and Epson prior to 2012).

How long a lamp lasts depends more so on how bright you start the projector out as, hence 90% of the time the lamp will just get too dim, but the ratings mean absolutely nothing for the most part.

SOURCE:

Coderguy
PHD in Lampology with a minor in Refractive Physics
(ok not really, but trust me I just know!)

Well thanks you for your essay submission on Lamp Life. I will grade it a B+. Now it started off well with the one liner about sex at college (had a quiet chuckle) got a little bogged down in the middle bit but finished off well. Please remember the basic structure should be: 1. Tell them what you are going to tell them, 2. Tell them, and 3. Tell them what you told them.

Trust me I am a University lecturer in Engineering and Applied Science. (True)

PS enjoyed the information, thanks.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Oh that is just a generic post I made, apparently you've never seen our contrast arguments in this forum...
Hundreds of pages worth over the years, we've argued everything from pupil response times measured by ophthalmologists to deterministic maximums of contrast the eye can see per second argued by scientists that measured it. We've also gone into the psychology of perceptual contrast, how to design projector IRIS's using histographic like contrast data in real-time derivatives, etc... We've dissected contrast to the point that the arguments had included so much ridiculous banter, that moderators deleted half the argument.

We are all just a bunch of crazies here, don't worry you probably fit right in.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Old 03-18-2014, 06:13 AM

Update on the Aliexpress "compatible" lamp issue:

I have a dispute with the seller, he will provide a refund of the item cost only if i return the product back to him.

This would leave me with nothing but a considerable shipping cost hole in my wallet (approximately 35 USD)

He as otherwise offered to provide a measly 10 USD refund :S

I will escalate the issue to Aliexpress support themselves and see if they can do anything better smile.gif
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM

Did they make any comment regarding the 'fake' nature of the lamp when they show an original in their listing?

Have you looked at the guarantee terms, I think you will be interested. Key words are 'full refund'.

Refund or Keep
items not as described

You can get a full refund if your item is significantly different from the seller’s description

or You can choose a partial refund and keep the product.

http://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/index.html

Follow the instructions on this page the escalate the claim as the offer made is NOT good enough, all the best.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:11 PM

As far as the fake lamp goes, Here is what he says about it..

Dear friends, you can check the quality of this light bulb, if the brightness can be, you don't need to return, I will return the compensation of usd 10, I can tell you that I am a honest seller!Don't deceive any a buyer!Thank you very much!Have a nice day!

Dear friend, I have already told you very understand, is this light bulb has high quality!!!!Can say the price already is the lowest price!I have sold many!If you don't want to accept, I can't, please return my goods!I will give you a full refund!

Apparently by full refund they mean just for the price of the item, not shipping costs. at least according to this seller:

freight I can't give you a refund!Other I can give you full refund!Can refund you 76 usd

The order cost 98.21 USD with shipping, so its a bit of a difference.

What he did, was before he shipped the lamp, he asked me if my projector has lamp version E20.8n or E20.9n.

I had a look at the original lamp in my projector, and told him it was E20.9n.

He then says something along the lines of 'is compatible with E20.9n?' and i say yes, as he's clearly referring to the projector. (he has since deleted this part of the message log)

He then uses this as an excuse to send the fake lamp, he says:

Dear friends, why do you mention the dispute?Before I sent you a fairy already told you very clearly, is compatible with E20.9 specifications of the bulb, you just said I this is not the original factory now!

It seems pretty iffy to me but I'll probably still buy a lamp from a different seller on Aliexpress.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the information, I was interested in the response from the seller. Sounds dodgy to me as well. He seems to have been setting up an excuse for the bulb switch and putting the responsibility on you. I find this strange as the lamp has but one designation 5J.J7L05.001 I have never seen any reference to lamp version E20.8n or E20.9n.

Have faith in the Aliexpress system and I am sure this is a one off dodgy seller, you get them everywhere. Was there a postage cost to you? Is shows free shipping to us in Australia.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM

I have just done a brief search on Aliexpress searching for 'E20.8' :

http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/E20.8.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&SearchText=E20.8&initiative_id=SB_20140318165004&isViewCP=y&catId=0&I18nSearchText=E20.8

and it shows significantly cheaper prices than a search for '5J.J7L05.001', which is interesting as it should be the same lamp.

Your supplier has one of these 'E20.8' , at a price of US $55.09 compared with the one you purchased which is US $83.60. Interesting as the cheaper one seems to be the one he supplied and not the original, compare the photos and you will see what I mean, no 'Osram' in sight.. See the cheaper listing below:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-bare-Lamp-Bulb-OSRMA-P-VIP-230-0-8-E20-8-for-ACER-BENQ-OB/1648760246.html

Here is one possible supplier, 6 months guarantee etc. I make no recommendation but it may be of interest:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-OSRAM-P-VIP-180-0-8-E20-8-Projector-Lamp-Bulb/1222872408.html
Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:

I have just done a brief search on Aliexpress searching for 'E20.8' :

So from your link it appears the E20.8 (OSRAM P-VIP 230/0.8 E20.8) is an OSRAM part no and they are cheap, while the 5J.J7L05.001 is a Benq part no. It is reasonable to guess they are the same OSRAM bare lamp.

However it looks like there is high chance that many $55-$65 OSRAM lamps on aliexpress are fake (as experienced by Capzor, even the seller vaguely admitted it), while the $80-$100 Benq lamp might be genuine (your experience). But the seller link from where you purchased has no feedback (BTW it is $81 now).

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com