Acer H5360 bulb turning off! Need help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, so I've had this projector for a while now and while the hours of the bulb have probably reached the recommended usage time, the picture still looks GREAT and is still actually quite bright!

The problem is, it's now turning itself off after a minute or two and the power light on the projector is doing the two blue flashes, one red, which the manual says means the bulb needs to be replaced.

Well, I don't want to replace the bulb until it really is too dim or no longer good, and this isn't the case.

Is there any way to stop the projector from shutting itself off so that I can use the projector like normal?

please help if anyone has a workaround or solution!

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-18-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by merciscool View Post

Okay, so I've had this projector for a while now and while the hours of the bulb have probably reached the recommended usage time, the picture still looks GREAT and is still actually quite bright!

The problem is, it's now turning itself off after a minute or two and the power light on the projector is doing the two blue flashes, one red, which the manual says means the bulb needs to be replaced.

Well, I don't want to replace the bulb until it really is too dim or no longer good, and this isn't the case.

Is there any way to stop the projector from shutting itself off so that I can use the projector like normal?

please help if anyone has a workaround or solution!

thanks in advance

There's a reason why the projector is telling you to replace the lamp module and it has nothing to do with brightness. When the lamp reaches its calculated end of life there's a higher risk of the bulb popping possibly causing damage to the projector's components. If none of this concerns you then try the management section of the projector menu and reset the lamp hours to zero.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 9 Old 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

it doesn't concern me that much considering the bulb is still working well. I did reset the lamp hours before making my first post, but forgot to indicate that and it didn't fix it, so I'm still looking for an alternative. I used to have a Sony projector which didn't do the same thing around the end of its life cycle, so I got the most out of the bulb that way.
post #4 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

suggestions?
post #5 of 9 Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

bump, still need assistance
post #6 of 9 Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

bump
post #7 of 9 Old 08-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
It's the bulb. I had the same thing happen with a bulb that had over 5000 hours on the counter but still working fine. Happened suddenly. It seems to be a safety shutoff when the bulb is pulling too much current/running too hot as it nears end of life. couldn't find a way to bypass it either. I bought the K0700 type lamp off ebay from seller aussieprojectorlamp Bulb only and just swapped the new one into the bulb assembly mount
merciscool likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
In laymens terms there is an ongoing electronic loop between the lamp and the Lamp Ballast that has to stay within a certain operating range. If for whatever reason the signal sent to the projector is out side of the normal operating range the projector cycles down. This happens a lot in cases where the lamp arc is no longer stable due to age, arc chamber distortion or gap. The Lamp starts with a 15K or so volt surge. Once the lamp has fired it switches to a 5 K constant current.. If there is any glitch in the lamps operation it triggers the shut down. You may have a little luck going to full power instead of Economy mode. If you get any more than 3000 hours out of a Lamp you are doing good NO MATTER what the manufacture says. I'm guessing your problem is the lamp. Just make sure you get a new lamp from a reputable dealer as there are some Piss Poor Lamps on the market- Bohanna
merciscool likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

thanks blackoper and Bohanna, I'll see if it was running in economy mode and if not, then I guess I'm SOL.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - H5360 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page