XB31 Users, do any of you NOT like your unit? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2002, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems the white blooming problem was fixable by turning off the clear segement. The projector seems to have plenty of lumens to spare doing this. Is anyone out there not happy with this projector? The fence is getting uncomfortable and all the expensive solutions seem to have their own trade-offs. I'd go see this if I could but it isn't being sold by HP Canada. They suggested I buy in the States, this means sight unseen. *shudder*

So. . . what can you tell me?

Regards,
Glenn

Regards,
Glenn

My DVD collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2002, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I'm also debating a sight unseen xb31 purchase, as I have been unable to locate a demo of it in the Boston area
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2002, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really like my xb31, altho pls understand that I don't have much of a frame of reference. This is my first front projector and it replaced a 12 year old 40" rptv that was dying, so just about anything was going to be better.

You may have read some of the other threads about the xb31 and may have heard me snivel about the cable situation. All component video enters the pj thru an M1-DA port. There is a VGA to M1 cable included with the kit and a 3 RCA to M1 is available from HP or third party. The M1 is a bit non-standard so the cable companies have not yet fielded a number of options for hookup. This is my only gripe.

White blooming is adjustable to my satisfaction.

I purchased mine sight unseen and couldn't be happier! I like the color, black levels, the sharpness of the image and the "warmth" of the picture quality.

I'd do it again.

A computer will get you into trouble faster than anything in the world with the possible exception of tequila and handguns
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page