Rainbows v. Eye Strain? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-18-2002, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering the following:

I demoed a Plus Piano b/c I had read many good reviews on its quality for the price. After about 1/2 hour in a darkened HT, I left feeling nauseated.
I didn't intentionally look for rainbows, and did not see any - I was, however, there to preview the Piano to make sure I didn't have too much of an obvious rainbow effect.

After that point, I equated seeing rainbows with that nauseated feeling. That being said, since then I have not demoed any other pjs for more than 5-10 minutes (LCDs mainly), and they weren't always in a totally light controlled room - I have also not felt sick since then either.

My question is, is that dizzy, sick feeling from some sort of eye strain, and not rainbows? I mean, could it be that I was simply not use to watching the large PJ image in the dark for 1/2 hour and became a bit dizzy, instead of it being the Piano and DLPs? Also, have any of you had this feeling (or other physical challenges) with LCDs?

I would love to hear what other people's experiences have been with this, since if I could "un-rule" out DLPs from my selections, that would be great.

I realize that, ultimately, I myself will need to demo more PJ for more than just 5-10 minutes, both DLPs and LCDs - but any input would be appreciated.

Will

"And truth does not depend on me"

-King's X
Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page