Epson 5020UB - Issue with alignment to screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had a very small alignment issue ever since I bought this projector, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've attached an image. You can see that the top of the image is aligned to the screen, however the bottom of the screen seems to droop of the left side. I've tried all kinds of alignment adjustments and playing with the keystone, but I can't seem to fix it. Any idea what might be wrong? At first, I thought the screen might be off, but it is perfectly level. Is it an issue with the projector?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 212
You should never use the electronic keystone adjustment on the projector. Judging from your photo, it appears that while your current alignment is fairly good you may need to rotate (yaw axis) the projector on the mount to moved the projected image just a very little to toward the right and then also change the pitch of the projector on the mount to raise the image just a little. Then after doing this use the projector's lens shift to center the image on the screen. If after doing this you find the top vs. bottom and also one side vs. other side of the image are tilted a little in the same direction (i.e., clockwise or counter-clockwise) then you can adjust the mount's roll axis to correct the image. Assuming the screen is a perfect rectangle, getting perfect (or near perfect) geometry of the projected image comes down to correctly setting the physical orientation of the projector (i.e., adjusting the pitch, roll and yaw using the projector's mount) in combination with the projector's zoom and lens shift adjustments.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Old 08-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My guess:
Facing the screen (seeing the projector from behind):
Front right hand corner up, rear left hand corner down.

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson , Epson Usa Inc , Epson Projector , Epson Projectors