Best replacement bulb for Epson 8700UB Projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My first bulb died at approx 900 hrs. I am now using the free bulb that was part of the deal when I purchased the 8700UB. I have approx 800hrs on it now and want to get another backup.

Are the non OEM bulbs good/reliable? I found some in $70 range from a few places. Or should I get an OEM Epson Bulb?

Also I read in an article that Epson offers a replacement bulb for bulbs that blew within the 2 yr warranty period prematurely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi Juiced46,
Check with AVS or Pureland Supply for a bulb. Stay away from non OEM bulbs and call Epson customer services for replacement.

post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

Hi Juiced46,
Check with AVS or Pureland Supply for a bulb. Stay away from non OEM bulbs and call Epson customer services for replacement.

Normally I'd totally agree with that statement, but epson's bulbs seem to be so bad that a non-oem probably lasts just as long. rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the darkside.....
post #4 of 8 Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wanted to bring this back up. I contacted Epson about my Bulb failure issue. After going back and forth for a while with them complaining about the premature failures of the bulb they finally caved in and sent me another one. I was suprised they did that.

Current bulb in the projector just died on me today at 990hrs. Luckily I have the backup that Epson just sent me.

But now I have no backup and back to square one. Do I purchase the Epson OEM bulb or should I go with an aftermarket for 1/2 the price?

At this rate, I can buy 2 aftermarket bulbs for the price of 1 OEM Epson. Seems to be for me I am only going to get in the 900hr range per OEM bulb from Epson which means I will be buying 1 bulb a year. It may be worth it to give the aftermarket one a shot for 1/2 the price and keep the OEM Epson bulb I have now as a backup just incase.

Anybody have luck with these aftermarket bulbs?
post #5 of 8 Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Good for you and the non OEM bulbs are the ones that sell for $70 from China. Make sure it's a Osram Projector Bulb Inside on your backup one you buy.

post #6 of 8 Old 12-15-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Just updating this thread. I purchased a NON OEM bulb from Amazon . Its a G-Lamps bulb I paid $65 at the time, now its down to $45. Can be seen in this link here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQUWZ56/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Packaging and fitment were great. Bulb performed well and was just as bright as the Epson OEM bulb. @ 200hrs I got the dreaded bulb warning indicator with the G-Lamps bulb. I let it cool and turned it back on and it worked for another 7 hours and finally called it quits for good. So 207 hrs total out of this junk. But what can I expect for $65, it was worth a shot.

I contacted Amazon, they are refunding my $$. There is a 180 day warranty on it. They will not send me another, just refund me my money. So I am still on a search for a cheap backup alternative. I am running on my OEM Epson bulb that I have but would still like a cheap one to use.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Liked: 10
I'm on my 5th bulb, the last one went 2442 hours, all others less the 1000. I found this one with a extended warranty
Genuine AL™ V13H010L49 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors Genuine AL™ V13H010L49 Lamp & Housing for EPSON Projectors
- Extended Warranties 2 Year Warranty

$119.98

Sub-Total: $119.98
Per Item (Best Way): $5.00
Total: $124.98

Wish me luck!!! I will post updates.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM

Liked: 10
I just replaced my lamp with one from Illuminex.com. It's my 3rd, with the last one(from Epson) only lasting 750 hours. Illuminex sells this as an Epson lamp with the same part numbers, for $99 delivered to Canada. The housing is identical to the Epson. The lamp itself does not say Epson, so I can't say what make it is. At that price I'll give it a try.. Anyone else tried them?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page