Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have my dynamic black set to medium I believe and it looks good to me on top of the other settings I posted earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
But it has changed, my older optima HD 70,65 and 66 all had "AI" mode which was the older version of dynamic black... on those you could often notice when the bulb intensity changed and it looked like a flicker.... on the newer series with dynamic black they handle this in a more gradual way were your eyes won't notice it.... AI was useless to me but the dynamic black has been great. I have a reef tank in the next open room so I don't notice the fan pitch changing in a silent scene as much as some would... but I feel this thing is much quieter than its predecessors anyway...
post #813 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 10:29 AM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post

But it has changed, my older optima HD 70,65 and 66 all had "AI" mode which was the older version of dynamic black... on those you could often notice when the bulb intensity changed and it looked like a flicker.... on the newer series with dynamic black they handle this in a more gradual way were your eyes won't notice it.... AI was useless to me but the dynamic black has been great. I have a reef tank in the next open room so I don't notice the fan pitch changing in a silent scene as much as some would... but I feel this thing is much quieter than its predecessors anyway...
Ah yes, AI. I remember that. And I remember the flicker you mention. I will try Dynamic Black. I seem to remember that my attention was drawn to the functioning of AI and I stopped usuing it. It made me wonder, also, if the lamp was damaged by the fluctuations it had to do. I understand better now.
post #814 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM

Liked: 12

Hi everyone!

Stingrr here from Canada.   I have a home theater setup in my basement and needed to upgrade my projector for next round of gaming consoles.   My current projector is only XGA (HP 6120) and does not have HDMI connectivity, neither does my old receiver for that matter.

Just like everyone else I was shopping around for the best bang for my money and was looking at spending roughly 1k.

I was torn between the Optoma HD 25 and the BenQ W1070, I had pretty much decided on the HD 25 PJ, but then stumbled on this gem HD131Xe.   I did a few searches and ordered it last Thursday right at around 1:00 pm.   To my surprise when I got home from work on Friday it was there waiting for me.

Now comes the fun stuff.   Setting it up.   I plan on buying screen materials off ebay and builing a screen.   Currently I project on a semi-gloss white painted wall.

http://www.pitchblackcinema.com

It's nothing to fancy, but back when I built this home theater my projector actually cost me 3k.   and I think my frist bulb purchase was roughly $600.   So I built my home theater on a tight budget.

I need to pick a HDMI device from upstairs that I can use to setup the projector, but currently everything is wired through the wall from my TV, so this means pulling wires, I don't have a spare HDMI cable.   I'll either use the 360 from upstairs on my AS Rock PC used to run XBMC upstairs.

Reading all the threads through this discussion I think I'll chose either one of the following two brackets;

Oinch PRB4S Steel 360 Degree Swiveling Ceiling PJ Bracket

VideoSecu LCD-DLP PJ Ceiling Mount Bracket White

Once I get it setup and find out the demesions I plan to use I plan on picking up a screen from this guy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/175-EXTRA-WIDE-SCREEN-2-35-1-HIGH-CONTRAST-GRAY-PROJECTION-PROJECTOR-SCREEN-/280989036643?pt=US_Projection_Screens_Material&hash=item416c407063#ht_3814wt_1146

I did notice someont saying if your projecting back from 20' for a 175" diagnal that this could be an issue projecting in 3D.    What are your thoughts on this?   I have controlled lighting in this home theater as you can see (maybe to dark)

Based on what I have read I figure in normal mode I'll be running in Eco mode, while in 3D this far back I'll have to crank up the brightness.

Once all this is done I'll head down the road of the 3D glasses.

So far I have the following suggestions for RF;

Monster Vision Max 3D RF

Optoma BG-ZF2100GLS Active Shutter

Estar America ESG6100 RF-3D

I know a couple people said they liked the DP-Link, but I don't have many suggestions in my notes from what I have read in this thread or others.   Those of you who prefer DP-Link could you suggest a couple types that I should look at.

Thanks guys, love the info you have provided so far.

Cheers

post #815 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 12:00 PM

Hey Stingrr - I have been using the DLP-Link with the HD131XE and am very happy with it. I bought the ESG601's at Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-ESG601-Link-Glasses/dp/B00CRN3D98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383245476&sr=8-1&keywords=esg601 ) for 29.99. Now they are $10.00 more. I bought them 2 weeks ago. I wear prescription glasses and the ESG601's have two sizes of nose pads, one small, one large. They are comfortable for both those who wear glasses and those who don't.
The 3D effect was as good as I've seen, but I have never used RF glasses. (My only other 3D experience is at the movies; this is equal to or better than that.) The 3D images were perfect; I never saw anomalies at all.

Good luck.
post #816 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post

Even though I've mentioned it twice here, everyone seems the be missing the point that dynamic black should be ON to increase black levels in dark scenes and perceived contrast. It also INCREASES bulb life to the 6,000 hr expectancy.... Art from projector reviews explains this in his hd25 review. Basically varies the bulb brightness like an iris would depending on the scene. Unlike the older optima units this series does it in a less noticeable way.. sure if you listen for it you can hear the fan change speeds depending on bulb brightness but this is a good thing as it keeps the bulb at a constant temp range regardless of output. (When the dynamic is on and a dark scene is on the bulb is under driven even more which extends its lifespan.)

Btw my HTPC outputs 24hz just fine? And I use an old $20 radeaon 2400 card with the HDMI adapter....

I wouldnt expect to pair a 2500 lumen projector with high gain screen and expect is to not be too bright unless its a huge screen... everyone has vastly different preferences but at 100 inched my plainwhite antra brand eBay screen looks great to me.. and while its bright its still not as bright as my plasma. I also recognize a projector bulb dims down quite a bit in the first few hundred hours.

It arrived today. Been busy all day changing my furniture in the room and making sure I could use the projector on the wall that I want to project on. I must say that It looks very good and this is only a wall I am projecting on. However I have yet to see the crystal clear picture quality of plasma, but who knows when I get a screen. There are a few things I want to know...

The closer I place the projector to the wall, the smaller the picture gets. Is that how its supposed to be? For instance, I played the projector 3 meters away from the wall and the zoom on the projector was at maximum. It was way too small for my liking. But why is this? Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWV5YvVFyM0

His projector in no way is farther than 3 meters away from his screen, but with my projector I cant get it like that. In the video you can see the projector fills up all of his screen and i believe his screen is around 100 inch. So I wonder what's up with that. Or are these simply projector differences? Lets say my room had been very small, but a big wall, like 100 inch. And the biggest distance for the projector from the wall would be 3 meters, I could never project up to 100 inch?

I've placed the projector behind me, and a piece of my couch is blinding the lens of the projector. So I put the projector a little higher, problem now is that it projects up too high on the wall. Too bad I can't turn the lens upwards and downwards. So I need to find a fix for this. I can't attach it to my ceiling, the ceiling is made of thin material and I don't trust it.

Two other matters:

I am not yet very impressed with the black levels, seems dark gray actually, even with dynamic black, will this get better when I get a screen? Also picture quality, does a screen truly make a big difference? Sorry if these questions are newbie-sounding.
post #817 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 PM

Liked: 10
I have been using my Mitsu HD1000u for the last 6 or so years and will be moving to a new house. My room is similar to my current at 16 ft long. I had it setup for the Benq w1070 with a 10' throw. I think I could squeak out another 2 ft and get the Optoma to throw 12ft at a 106" screen. You see any issues with a throw distance of around 12ft? 11.7-12 ft show 39-41 FL at a 1.15 to 1.2 zoom in a light controlled room(no windows) Planning on using an elite 1.1 fixed frame screen at the moment.

Thanks
post #818 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

noob here..

Well I pulled the trigger a couple nights ago and bought the HD131Xe from Amazon . It just arrived a few hours ago and I already have it mounted on the ceiling where my old dell used to be.

19 1/2ft from the screen with zoom set for the smallest picture possible has my image 1/2 ft outside my 135diag screen!

Next stud I can use  is 16.4ft from the screen which according to the calculator should be within the sweet spot.

Questions... when I zoom the picture smallest possible is that zoomed in or out? (confused)

and does that effect the Picture quality?

thanks

HT: 2xRC-70s, 2xRC-50s, RC-LCR, 2xRC-R, Encore8 sub, S8.3 sub

Music: 2xRC-70s

post #819 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM

To show more clearly what I meant:

http://i41.tinypic.com/29w4zkw.jpg

I wanted to project onto the lower part of the wall, but I can't tilt the lense up or down and I can't place the projector closer to the ground neither, cause my couch is blocking it, so I had to put stuff under the projector to make the lense face downwards. I probably wouldn't have this problem if I could attach it to my ceiling. But this can only be a temporary solution. Anyone have any idea?

I want to project it on the lower side of the wall because of this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rh9zjo.jpg

The right side is not straight, this make it hard to put a screen on the wall. I've measured the size I want my screen to be and that means I need to project on the lower side of the wall,and tus I need to tilt the lense downwards, but I can't.
post #820 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM

Cyrano: Thanks for info about the DLP_Link glasses.   I'll be sure to check them out.

I was starting to get worried about streaming 3D movies from my network, and maybe needed a graphics card for my computer to be able to

send it to the projector.   My colleague at work explained that he uses XBMC to send the video stream, but it's up to the TV or in my case the PJ

to convert the picture from 3840x1080 to 1920x1080.   Has anyone tried this with the our PJ (sreaming MKV's in sidebyside or overandunder)

post #821 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 PM

Any update on those that sent their units back with focus issues? Stock from amazon still having these problems?
post #822 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisz View Post

I have been using my Mitsu HD1000u for the last 6 or so years and will be moving to a new house. My room is similar to my current at 16 ft long. I had it setup for the Benq w1070 with a 10' throw. I think I could squeak out another 2 ft and get the Optoma to throw 12ft at a 106" screen. You see any issues with a throw distance of around 12ft? 11.7-12 ft show 39-41 FL at a 1.15 to 1.2 zoom in a light controlled room(no windows) Planning on using an elite 1.1 fixed frame screen at the moment.

Thanks

You'll be fine. That's about where I've got mine, shooting at a 110" Elite fixed screen. Awesome picture, plenty bright even on Eco (which isn't that much dimmer than "bright", but if it extends the bulb life then great).
I put screenshots of my set-up on page 25.
3D glasses should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to try them out!
post #823 of 2885 Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzman View Post

Any update on those that sent their units back with focus issues? Stock from amazon still having these problems?

I have a fresh one from amazon and I didn't notice anything right of the bat with the test grids. I will chime in as soon as the screen gets here and I fiddle with other test patterns or pc text.

I did notice the box had been doubled taped on top but the security sticker was still good so I didn't think anything of it.

Then as I pull the projector out I noticed it had definitely been opened as the original tape that holds the bubble cushion closed had been cut and re taped with different tape.

Not sure what that was about but I went ahead and fired it up. All good so far...

post #824 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 01:49 AM

Mine didn't come with a lens cover..boo.:confused:

post #825 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 01:52 AM

The optima in black looks stunning.

The zoom dial feel flimsy and toyish. Kinda wobbles around.

Normal?

post #826 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygrene321 View Post

Mine didn't come with a lens cover..boo.confused.gif

Same here. No lens cover indeed. You think the black level is amazing? Hmmm..i tried out several games with lots of dark places and where it should be black, but it looked more like very dark gray. Do you project onto a wall or already on a screen?
post #827 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

+1,

I wonder if Optoma Canada got the parts and begin to RMA all faulty units.... I use my PJ as HTPC and I would lie to you guys if I said I'm happy with it. Since I bought the unit from costco.ca I still have 70 days or so to return it. However I doubt Optoma will be shipping units with fixed lenses. Getting my universal mount installed was pitta to do and sending this under RMA to Optoma (paying for shipment one way) to replace it will be a huge hassle to do... Hence I would like to see some HAPPY users after RMAing their units. I wonder if Optoma will replace the optics on my unit or will sent me refurb instead.
post #828 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingrr View Post

Cyrano: Thanks for info about the DLP_Link glasses.   I'll be sure to check them out.

I was starting to get worried about streaming 3D movies from my network, and maybe needed a graphics card for my computer to be able to
send it to the projector.   My colleague at work explained that he uses XBMC to send the video stream, but it's up to the TV or in my case the PJ
to convert the picture from 3840x1080 to 1920x1080.   Has anyone tried this with the our PJ (sreaming MKV's in sidebyside or overandunder)

I've been usign XBMC with SBS material and it works/looks great. You don't need much video card to do this, as long as xbmc supports your card you should be fine.
I'm using 2 pairs of Optoma RF glasses and 2 paris of 3D-VIP RF glasses (made by the same company as Optoma's glasses) and all of them work very well.

For Canadian users I do recommend buyign them from consignia.ca.

http://www.consignia.ca/3d-vip-rechargeable-3d-active-shutter-rf-glasses-for-3d-processors-and-optoma-hd25-hd25-lv-hd33-hd83-gt750-etc/

you can find $10 off coupon (facebook).

They look exactly like optoma, different label and glossy frame (not affecting viewing experiance).
post #829 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalker1982 View Post

Same here. No lens cover indeed. You think the black level is amazing? Hmmm..i tried out several games with lots of dark places and where it should be black, but it looked more like very dark gray. Do you project onto a wall or already on a screen?

Black level is decent for the projector price range. Coming from old HD65 with old ~900hrs bulb, the difference was small in black level. This was due to old/ bulb and less bright projector. However I do ENJOY shadow detail HD25e produces.

BTW... have any one tried 3D PC (or even ps3) gaming on this unit? I have to drag down my gaming PC to the basement to try BF3 and BF4 on it. I belive both games could work in 3D.
post #830 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:

Is the room you view in completely dark? A white screen or white wall cannot be "black" in a room with any light at all. A projector cannot project black.
I looked back over all your posts and the responses in this thread, and I think you might be better off with Plasma due to your needs and expectations.
I find the HD131XE to be quite good in the levels of black. But that is only if the screen is in a completely black room. If I can see the screen with the Projector off then there is no way the screen is going to get "darker" when the projector goes on.
Yet, I also find that this projecter does a very good job when there is some light in the room. I just cannot expect to watch a movie set in outer space with any ambient light in the room and expect the "White" screen to get any darker than it is.

You have other concerns about the size of the projected image and the "offset" angle of the lens. We have given you the website to answer these questions and I will go to your earlier thread and attempt to give you an answer. Sorry this isn't working out for you.
post #831 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:

It arrived today. Been busy all day changing my furniture in the room and making sure I could use the projector on the wall that I want to project on. I must say that It looks very good and this is only a wall I am projecting on. However I have yet to see the crystal clear picture quality of plasma, but who knows when I get a screen. There are a few things I want to know...

The closer I place the projector to the wall, the smaller the picture gets. Is that how its supposed to be? For instance, I played the projector 3 meters away from the wall and the zoom on the projector was at maximum. It was way too small for my liking. But why is this? Look at this video:

His projector in no way is farther than 3 meters away from his screen, but with my projector I cant get it like that. In the video you can see the projector fills up all of his screen and i believe his screen is around 100 inch. So I wonder what's up with that. Or are these simply projector differences? Lets say my room had been very small, but a big wall, like 100 inch. And the biggest distance for the projector from the wall would be 3 meters, I could never project up to 100 inch?

I've placed the projector behind me, and a piece of my couch is blinding the lens of the projector. So I put the projector a little higher, problem now is that it projects up too high on the wall. Too bad I can't turn the lens upwards and downwards. So I need to find a fix for this. I can't attach it to my ceiling, the ceiling is made of thin material and I don't trust it.

Two other matters:

I am not yet very impressed with the black levels, seems dark gray actually, even with dynamic black, will this get better when I get a screen? Also picture quality, does a screen truly make a big difference? Sorry if these questions are newbie-sounding.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD131Xe-projection-calculator-pro.htm

Here is the website to figure out the size of picture you will get with any given distant. Experiment with this website by putting your own numbers in. It also shows how far above OR below the screen you have to place the projector to get the image to fit and be square. You might have to put the PJ on something high behind you. The projector would be upside-down and the menu would have to be setup to work with this configuration.
(I want to ask if you understand what requirements of "offset" means?)

Btw: At 3 meters the largest picture you can get is 91 inches. And be sure to work the zoom and focus correctly.
Good luck.
post #832 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

Is the room you view in completely dark? A white screen or white wall cannot be "black" in a room with any light at all. A projector cannot project black.
I looked back over all your posts and the responses in this thread, and I think you might be better off with Plasma due to your needs and expectations.
I find the HD131XE to be quite good in the levels of black. But that is only if the screen is in a completely black room. If I can see the screen with the Projector off then there is no way the screen is going to get "darker" when the projector goes on.
Yet, I also find that this projecter does a very good job when there is some light in the room. I just cannot expect to watch a movie set in outer space with any ambient light in the room and expect the "White" screen to get any darker than it is.

You have other concerns about the size of the projected image and the "offset" angle of the lens. We have given you the website to answer these questions and I will go to your earlier thread and attempt to give you an answer. Sorry this isn't working out for you.

Right now it is far from completely dark, but yesterday night it was pretty damn dark. It might have to do with some settings though, cause I put the brightness from 0 to -7 and its considerably darker, but that is normal and it remains to be seen how much this has affected a movie or game. Maybe I gave the wrong impression about black levels. I sure do value them, but they are not the most important thing to me. I wanted to return to truly big screen gaming and watching movies, so i'm gonna accept some shortcomings that will come with it. But I will try to make it look the best it can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD131Xe-projection-calculator-pro.htm

Here is the website to figure out the size of picture you will get with any given distant. Experiment with this website by putting your own numbers in. It also shows how far above OR below the screen you have to place the projector to get the image to fit and be square. You might have to put the PJ on something high behind you. The projector would be upside-down and the menu would have to be setup to work with this configuration.

Btw: At 3 meters the largest picture you can get is 91 inches. And be sure to work the zoom and focus correctly.
Good luck.
[

I will check the website out again. From my own experience so far it seems i'm gonna need to mount the projector to the wall but it has to be a mount that lets me tilt the projector downwards.From what I noticed is that I have to alter the keystone when I tilted it, but that is not a problem. Black levels is not a huge problem right now and I can adjust to it when I have such a huge lovely 'screen'. The biggest worry right now is to put the pj in a normal place and have it tilted downwards, so that it projects on the lower part of the wall.

These were the settings by the way.

display mode: Cinema
Brightness 0
contrast -3
sharpness 10

advanced

noise reduction 1
gamma - film
brilliant colour - 5
Dynamic black high
Color temp - medium
color space - auto
post #833 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:

I will check the website out again. From my own experience so far it seems i'm gonna need to mount the projector to the wall but it has to be a mount that lets me tilt the projector downwards.From what I noticed is that I have to alter the keystone when I tilted it, but that is not a problem. Black levels is not a huge problem right now and I can adjust to it when I have such a huge lovely 'screen'. The biggest worry right now is to put the pj in a normal place and have it tilted downwards, so that it projects on the lower part of the wall.

(The following concerns the OFFSET requirements of this projector.)

At 3 meters the projector should be mounted 6 inches HIGHER than the height of the top of the screen. In other words: If the screen's top edge is 5 feet above the floor, then the projector MUST be mounted UPSIDE-DOWN 5 feet 6 inches from the floor at 3 meters away from the screen. The projector will be aimed straight ahead. It WILL NOT angle down. The menu has a place to change the settings so that they will NOT be backwards and upside-down. I only write this because I am not sure this is understood.

Good luck
post #834 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Right now it is far from completely dark, but yesterday night it was pretty damn dark. It might have to do with some settings though, cause I put the brightness from 0 to -7 and its considerably darker, but that is normal and it remains to be seen how much this has affected a movie or game. Maybe I gave the wrong impression about black levels. I sure do value them, but they are not the most important thing to me. I wanted to return to truly big screen gaming and watching movies, so i'm gonna accept some shortcomings that will come with it. But I will try to make it look the best it can.

By decreasing brightness too much you might lose shadow detail. To get best blacks from projector or Plasma TVs the darker room the better... :-)
post #835 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:

The black casing is what I meant although I am also loving the black level too. I am coming from a 12 year old projector so I am sure that anything in 1080p will look great!

A Canadian member had mentioned that the casing may have came in 2 different types of black. One in black and the other glossy black.  ??

I had considered the HD25e and an Epson but am happy so far with the HD131Xe

post #836 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:

I am getting my projector back today from Optoma. I can let you know later tonight/tomorrow.
post #837 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:

I project onto a 135diag. white screen I bought at the fabric store JoAnns a long time ago and surprisingly has worked out well for us..

I have been researching types of screens and reading a lot of reviews to see what fits me best. I am a do it yourself guy and have no problem putting things together or coming up with something that would have looked clean and professional. For the fun time I would have spent on the project and the maybe 100$ i would have saved I decided to settle on an Elite screens Sable135 fixed screen 1.1gain. I hope its as great as all the reviews and feedback it has gotten.

post #838 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygrene321 View Post

For the fun time I would have spent on the project and the maybe 100$ i would have saved I decided to settle on an Elite screens Sable135 fixed screen 1.1gain. I hope its as great as all the reviews and feedback it has gotten.

Pretty much why I decided to go with an Elite screen as well. I'm very happy with it, just be prepared to have sore finger tips after stretching the screen and installing the tons of little clips. 1/2 way through I figured out that using the rubberized handle of a hammer to "set" the clips would save my fingers....

Just got a text that the Sainsonic DLP Glasses I ordered from Amazon on Wed were delivered, can't wait to try them out tonight.
The two sets from Ebay, and one set from Monoprice I ordered last Friday are still in shipment. Amazon Prime 2-day shipping is unbeatable...
post #839 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedelbach View Post

Just got a text that the Sainsonic DLP Glasses I ordered from Amazon on Wed were delivered, can't wait to try them out tonight.
The two sets from Ebay, and one set from Monoprice I ordered last Friday are still in shipment. Amazon Prime 2-day shipping is unbeatable...

I have watched several 3D movies now and it has been great. To me it is better than at the movies. I see no anomalies. Some movies are better than others. Some seem to show objects and people more "rounded" than others.
You're gonna have fun. cool.gif

p.s. I use DLP-Link. The screen is brighter than normal, but the glasses darken and compensate just the right amount.
post #840 of 2885 Old 11-01-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Two other matters:

I'm guessing you didn't look at the projector calculator I linked in an earlier response to your questions on this? Yes just like a camera has different zoom abilities with different lenses so does a projector...there are advantages and disadvantages to every different combo and its not a one size fits all thing... the idea is most people are going to have the projector mounted on the ceiling at the back of the room... this is usually at least 12ft away and at that distance I have no issues filling a 100" screen... rbe projector must be square with the screen if its tilted in any direction the focus will be uneven.... and when you on top of it the image will not be as sharp as a plasma... remember what happens when you try to take a 4x6 photo and blow it up to say 18x24"? Its not as sharp looking... until you are at the correct viewing distance from the screen (a minimum of 1.2 x the diagonal size away). Remember each pixel is now like 5+ times the size it would be on a much smaller plasma... bigger dots = less sharp an image from the same distance until your at the correct distance away where your eyes can't tell and see a sharp clear image.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page