Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I had called Visual Apex a couple of weeks ago, and they said that they were not selling the 131XE anymore, and were switching to the 131XW (the white one). I asked the CSR if it was due to the lens issue, and she didn't know. Does anyone know if the XW has been spared the lens issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater2 View Post

I had called Visual Apex a couple of weeks ago, and they said that they were not selling the 131XE anymore, and were switching to the 131XW (the white one). I asked the CSR if it was due to the lens issue, and she didn't know. Does anyone know if the XW has been spared the lens issue?

Interesting. I have not seen anyone review the XW yet, but I did some extensive testing with my 131Xe and I don't appear to have the lens issue. If I do, it is not noticeable from my viewing distance. I wish the white one had been offered when I ordered, I probably would have grabbed it, but this one is not going back smile.gif
post #1533 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I wish the white one had been offered when I ordered, I probably would have grabbed it, but this one is not going back smile.gif
Yeah same here LOL
Blacks not bad though, could be purple or something :P

Quote:

I don't understand why Art insists that this is only a living room projector. There are lots of us that own this projector that are not going to watch it in the middle of the day with ambient light everywhere. I will definitely drop him a note and I would hope others do to, to have Mike calibrate this as if it was in a theater room so he can better evaluate the color accuracy against the competition.

Art does say "Interestingly, dialing down Brilliant Color did not have much affect on the noise." But his comment in the reply to mine about leaving BC at 10 is still odd.
Since I'm happy with the 131Xe (VERY) what anyone else thinks shouldn't bother me, but it does irk me when reviews (of anything) leave out key information (like the 131Xe is has a single-chip DLP, for example) or doesn't appear to reasonably evaluate features/criteria.
Part of the issue is the "first look" being incomplete. When he says "I’m still deciding how it fits in with other projectors like the Viewsonic PJD7820HD, Acer H6510, Epson HC2030, and a couple of older projectors still on the market.", the obvious first thing to mention is throw distance. In my case the 131Xe's range best fit my room and screen dimensions, so that's one big way it "fits in" with other PJs.
post #1534 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 02:22 PM

Liked: 14

I'm sorry to see quite a few with lens issues. I've been incredibly happy with mine and to some degree wondering "how do they do it" when it comes to the price. Well, if I pull out my old Panasonic AE700, that I paid $1,800 for in 2006ish, it has a huge metal lens assembly, tons of zoom and lens shift/tilt that make it work anywhere, and a big chunk of glass that rivals my cameras. And yet, the image on the HD131Xe blows it away.  So - if you have a problem please be patient because when you get it sorted you will LOVE this projector and the amazing value it is.

post #1535 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 04:59 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgronseth View Post

I've decided to try and get a replacement from Amazon and see if I can get a unit with good focus. If not, I'll look at going through Optoma for a lens fix. Amazon is the easier route for now with no time lost being without a projector.
I got my replacement but unfortunately it has the same focus issue as the first unit. Both are going back to Amazon and I am going to try my luck with a Benq w1070. I don't feel like sending in a brand new projector to the manufacturer to be fixed.
post #1536 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 05:27 PM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgronseth View Post

I got my replacement but unfortunately it has the same focus issue as the first unit. Both are going back to Amazon and I am going to try my luck with a Benq w1070. I don't feel like sending in a brand new projector to the manufacturer to be fixed.
Unfortunately it is beginning to look like the only way to get a unit working correctly is by shipping our new units back to the manufacturer for a new lens. My unit is being used at narrowest zoom. I tested it as best as I could from its present (hard to get at) installation and the issue was present (I artificially widened out the zoom) and it seemed I could achieve focus at one setting. But with heating and cooling I know the focus wanders slightly.

Well, bummer. But it is worth the effort I think. Too bad about the poor QC.
post #1537 of 2778 Old 12-14-2013, 10:50 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater2 View Post

I am from Europe and my white model is "HD131Xe White", NOT XW

Hmm

maybe Optoma europe has different marks

How much focus should be off so we can say focus uniformity is bad ? This is full HD projector and slightest focus issue can easily be seen when monitoring PC, I wonder, does Benq W1070 have 100% perfect focus, can anyone here confirm ?

Maybe those with optoma focus issue have device with much worse focus than mine ? Can I see any screenshot of bad focus areas , but in my case :

if I focus bottom side top side is blurry any opposite, not just corners only. but this blurrines is not "blurrines" its more like no 100% correct focus.. Letters can steal be read...

Actually that blurriness is comon to cheap lenses. Lens CANT have the same focus distance at edges and at center , especially in this price range. Most weird part is that Optoma use just ONE part of lens, it can clearly be seen that lights goes only and one half of the lens . I wonder do other projector manufacturers do the same ?

My last and first projector was DIY projector made with 17" monitor , fresnell lenses and 19 $ tripplet. I had corners focusing issue, but top and bottom were focused more unifrom than Optoma.... But in all other aspects optoma id many times more better.
post #1538 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velikigrizli View Post

if I focus bottom side top side is blurry any opposite, not just corners only. but this blurriness is not "blurriness" its more like no 100% correct focus.. Letters can steal be read...

I'm a projector newb, but in my mind an issue where the focus consistently varies from top to bottom, or from side to side, is likely caused by a projector-to-screen alignment problem, rather than by a lens problem. That would be my suspicion at least. If the top of the screen is slightly further away than the bottom of the screen, then focus issues should be expected, right? The same goes if the PJ is off center from right to left. It's only when one set of diagonal corners is in focus, while the other set is out of focus, that you can assume the lens is defective.

If, for instance, I couldn't get the top and bottom of my screen in focus at the same time, I would check for a distance/angle problem. I'd get the top in focus and then use a piece of paper held near the bottom of the screen to see if it comes into focus when that part of the screen is brought slightly closer. No? Then try putting the bottom in focus and use the paper to test focus distance at the top. Once you figure out which edge "wants" to be closer, adjust your PJ or screen height in the appropriate direction. (e.g. If you want the top of the screen to be closer, move the PJ upwards, and aim it down slightly. Or, maybe I have that backwards...)
post #1539 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I picked up the Estar RF emitter kit (comes with the emitter, cables and a pair of glasses for $60 after the current promo code). I have some DLP Link glasses but really wanted to try RF as I have head the contrast is improved and the glasses do not lose sync as easy. Will report back smile.gif
post #1540 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:

I picked up the Estar RF emitter kit (comes with the emitter, cables and a pair of glasses for $60 after the current promo code). I have some DLP Link glasses but really wanted to try RF as I have head the contrast is improved and the glasses do not lose sync as easy. Will report back smile.gif
which DLP-Link glasses do you use? I have estar esg601s and I only lose sync if I leave the room. And for me blacks and constrast appear the same as 2D versions. I need to get 2 more glasses and can't find thesr estars anywhere. When I hear of the failings of other Dlp-link glasses I hesitate to take a chance on unknowns.
looking forward to your review.
post #1541 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNagy View Post

I'm a projector newb, but in my mind an issue where the focus consistently varies from top to bottom, or from side to side, is likely caused by a projector-to-screen alignment problem, rather than by a lens problem. That would be my suspicion at least. If the top of the screen is slightly further away than the bottom of the screen, then focus issues should be expected, right? The same goes if the PJ is off center from right to left. It's only when one set of diagonal corners is in focus, while the other set is out of focus, that you can assume the lens is defective.

If, for instance, I couldn't get the top and bottom of my screen in focus at the same time, I would check for a distance/angle problem. I'd get the top in focus and then use a piece of paper held near the bottom of the screen to see if it comes into focus when that part of the screen is brought slightly closer. No? Then try putting the bottom in focus and use the paper to test focus distance at the top. Once you figure out which edge "wants" to be closer, adjust your PJ or screen height in the appropriate direction. (e.g. If you want the top of the screen to be closer, move the PJ upwards, and aim it down slightly. Or, maybe I have that backwards...)

This is not alignment problem , I am sure , I use projector almost paralel to ground and directly in front of screen and get right shaped image without any keystoning

In other words if I focus middle of screen top and botom are not 100% perfect

I have two questuons for all :

1) What DLP link glasses are compatible with optoma from main TV manufacturers like Samsung who makes cheap shutter glasses, presume none, what about VESA link?

2) After 6000 hours (eco mode) if lamp is still ok, can it be resseted and forced to work, I mean override counter?

Will all DLP link glasses work , how to be sure shat spec should be satisfied (shutter frequency) ?

If DLP link uses no sinchronisation data but relays on white flash (blanking interval) how does it affect picture quality compared to VESA link nd RF glasses?

So, what are the cheapest and good quality DLP link glasses (ebay) that work good with optoma ?
post #1542 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:

This is not alignment problem , I am sure , I use projector almost paralel to ground and directly in front of screen and get right shaped image without any keystoning

In other words if I focus middle of screen top and botom are not 100% perfect

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD131Xe-projection-calculator-pro.htm

And just to be sure: you have the hd131xe set to the correct number of inches above the top edge (or below the bottom edge) of the screen. Usually around 8" according to distance between screen and projector. I'm sure you have this Offset requirement correct or the PJ would not be level.
Just checking because your problem doesn't sound like a lens issue, but it might well be.

Good luck.

p.s. Search this thread for dlp-link glasses. The Estar ESG601s I bought are excellent but unavailable everywhere presently.
post #1543 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD131Xe-projection-calculator-pro.htm

And just to be sure: you have the hd131xe set to the correct number of inches above the top edge (or below the bottom edge) of the screen. Usually around 8" according to distance between screen and projector. I'm sure you have this Offset requirement correct or the PJ would not be level.
Just checking because your problem doesn't sound like a lens issue, but it might well be.

Good luck.

p.s. Search this thread for dlp-link glasses. The Estar ESG601s I bought are excellent but unavailable everywhere presently.

If projector is paralel to ground (almost) and if room if square, I gate right shaped image (almost right, we have some barrel distortion) and image is really about 8 inches below projector level (ceiling mounted)

What about this :

Its really cheap, maybe worth to try ?
What about famous SainSonic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SainSonic-144Hz-3D-DLP-Link-Active-Shutter-Rechargeable-Glasses-for-Optoma-/261202512379?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item3cd0e209fb

?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SainSonic-144Hz-for-BenQ-3D-DLP-Link-Ready-Projector-IR-Active-Shutter-Glasses-/261173719349?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item3ccf2ab135

WHAT is original Optoma dlp link glasses tranmsittance ? Is it the same as this view sonic ?
post #1544 of 2778 Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:

If projector is paralel to ground (almost) and if room if square, I gate right shaped image (almost right, we have some barrel distortion) and image is really about 8 inches below projector level (ceiling mounted)

What about this :

Its really cheap, maybe worth to try ?
What about famous SainSonic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SainSonic-144Hz-3D-DLP-Link-Active-Shutter-Rechargeable-Glasses-for-Optoma-/261202512379?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item3cd0e209fb

?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SainSonic-144Hz-for-BenQ-3D-DLP-Link-Ready-Projector-IR-Active-Shutter-Glasses-/261173719349?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item3ccf2ab135

WHAT is original Optoma dlp link glasses tranmsittance ? Is it the same as this view sonic ?

900x900px-LL-998405ba_offset.png

There should be zero distortion in projected image so I include a picture of what offset is.

My last post has the link where all the numbers for setting up the PJ are located. These numbers are only way PJ image comes out right.

If the whole projected image is not in focus then I would return it for another one or for repair. Read in this thread about the lens issue (upper left and lower right cannot achieve focus at same time when at widest zoom.)

As for DLP-Link glasses. I imagine those will work. I would examine those exact models at Amazon with user reviews.

Good luck
post #1545 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Full, 13 part review on PR is up:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/review-optoma-hd131xe-projector/

Don't have time this morning to read every part, but Art spends a good amount of time talking about brilliant color, concluding with "Bottom Line on Brilliant Color: First, Mike says grayscale balance is as good with a setting of 10 as lower numbers, usually better. Consider Brilliant Color to be a tool to use to get the image to look the way you want it to. The more you use, due to contrast increases, etc., the less natural the image, but if it pleases you, go for it. You might want to remember, though, that BC off will cost you more than half your total brightness (see the chart on the Performance pages of this review."

Interesting. Until now I've been watching with BC at 1, even in the daytime, so will have to try cranking it up for early football games and such to confirm that it really does have such a huge effect on overall brightness.

According to his measurements in the same "user" mode, BC 10 = 1663 lumens and BC 1 = 759 lumens! wow.

He also confirms that Eco mode reduces the lumen output 20% (1623 vs 1331 in bright, BC 10, full "light-cannon" mode).

Will print out the full review for reading at lunch today, looking forward to it!
post #1546 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

which DLP-Link glasses do you use? I have estar esg601s and I only lose sync if I leave the room. And for me blacks and constrast appear the same as 2D versions. I need to get 2 more glasses and can't find thesr estars anywhere. When I hear of the failings of other Dlp-link glasses I hesitate to take a chance on unknowns.
looking forward to your review.

Just to be clear, I am basing my 3D experience with DLP Link glasses based on my previous projector (Acer 9500). I am using Optoma, Acer, TreuDepth, and a generic brand and the Optoma and Acer glasses are actually quite good. I really wanted to give RF a shot as most people who have tried both stated RF was superior in terms of contrast and being able to turn your head without losing sync (which has happened to me the DLP Link on my Acer a few times). For $60 the RF emitter and glasses seems like a safe gamble, worst case I sell it and just take a small hit in cost. I really wanted to try out the different techs to see what works best for me. I will let you know.
post #1547 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 AM

Hey there guys! I received my optoma hd131xe and pretty happy with it's image quality, no need to change the settings or adjust something for me!

although, when I connect my pc via HDMI cable with it, in the middle it seems VERY focused, but on corners and up/down parts, it seems unfocused, is there anyway to fix this??

post #1548 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedelbach View Post

Don't have time this morning to read every part, but Art spends a good amount of time talking about brilliant color, concluding with "Bottom Line on Brilliant Color: First, Mike says grayscale balance is as good with a setting of 10 as lower numbers, usually better. Consider Brilliant Color to be a tool to use to get the image to look the way you want it to. The more you use, due to contrast increases, etc., the less natural the image, but if it pleases you, go for it. You might want to remember, though, that BC off will cost you more than half your total brightness (see the chart on the Performance pages of this review."

Interesting. Until now I've been watching with BC at 1, even in the daytime, so will have to try cranking it up for early football games and such to confirm that it really does have such a huge effect on overall brightness.

According to his measurements in the same "user" mode, BC 10 = 1663 lumens and BC 1 = 759 lumens! wow.

He also confirms that Eco mode reduces the lumen output 20% (1623 vs 1331 in bright, BC 10, full "light-cannon" mode).

Will print out the full review for reading at lunch today, looking forward to it!
Thanks for the information.
I really think that the HD131XE can perform quite well as a quality Home Theater device if it is carefully adjusted.
Perhaps I am wrong but the use of BC above the level of 3 (I generally use 2) destroys any chance for realistic colors, contrast and most other values that are required for a quality image.

It seems that the requirements of using this device as though it was a replacement for a non-projector friendly environment will dissuade users who realize that projected images work best in a dark environment.
We don't go to the movies and watch in the ambiently lit atmosphere of our daytime living rooms. Home Theaters require darkness to shine their best image.
Even at the Movie Theater the white screen would wash out the projected image if it wasn't a light controlled environment.
Projectors cannot project black. LCD and Plasma sets can display black in a light filled environment.

Different technologies perform better when their weaknesses and strengths are understood and properly utilized.

Btw: I do watch sports with my projector with some daylight affecting the image. It's no big deal. Just a slight reduction of black levels. Looks pretty great. (Unless the Seahawks lose, even then the PQ is still good. smile.gif )
kedelbach likes this.
post #1549 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Just to be clear, I am basing my 3D experience with DLP Link glasses based on my previous projector (Acer 9500). I am using Optoma, Acer, TreuDepth, and a generic brand and the Optoma and Acer glasses are actually quite good. I really wanted to give RF a shot as most people who have tried both stated RF was superior in terms of contrast and being able to turn your head without losing sync (which has happened to me the DLP Link on my Acer a few times). For $60 the RF emitter and glasses seems like a safe gamble, worst case I sell it and just take a small hit in cost. I really wanted to try out the different techs to see what works best for me. I will let you know.

Do you still own your glasses and have you used them with your HD131XE?
Which model number are the Optomas? They might be the same as the ESG601s I use.
I have never lost sync, until I walk out of the room. And the Blacks and Contrast appears equal to the 2D versions in every "test" I've tried. I can't afford to get the Estar RF emitter and glasses, and the quality I am observing seems excellent.

I'm sure you will enjoy your viewing.
post #1550 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Hi guys. Newbie here.

After hours of searching, i decided to buy optoma HD131Xe. Can someone please post the best settings? I watched avengers 1080p and the image (outside the box) was good. It was a 9gb file. I liked the image but i noticed a little bit of "lag" - i dont know the term, in a few scenes. I runned fraps and they were stable at 24. Was is stutering?

Also, i noticed when i plug my laptop through hdmi, the center zone is pretty good. However, either the low or up part gets a little blurry (need focus). I can focus one part but the other gets unfocused. Same goes for the borders. Any help?

I read most fo replyes, but i noticed some of you dont get this problem.

Finally, i would apreciate it if someone could give some tips/configs for the best performance of the projector.

Thanks in advance!

post #1551 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrest View Post

Hey there guys! I received my optoma hd131xe and pretty happy with it's image quality, no need to change the settings or adjust something for me!

although, when I connect my pc via HDMI cable with it, in the middle it seems VERY focused, but on corners and up/down parts, it seems unfocused, is there anyway to fix this??
You probably have the lens "issue" that Many have confronted with this PJ.
Do some searching and reading in this thread for more details.
It usually requires returning the PJ to Optoma to get a lens replacement.

If you find that the upper left and lower right cannot achieve focus at the same time then you should consider getting an RMA with Optoma.

Good luck.
post #1552 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago Pedro View Post

Hi guys. Newbie here.

After hours of searching, i decided to buy optoma HD131Xe. Can someone please post the best settings? I watched avengers 1080p and the image (outside the box) was good. It was a 9gb file. I liked the image but i noticed a little bit of "lag" - i dont know the term, in a few scenes. I runned fraps and they were stable at 24. Was is stutering?

Also, i noticed when i plug my laptop through hdmi, the center zone is pretty good. However, either the low or up part gets a little blurry (need focus). I can focus one part but the other gets unfocused. Same goes for the borders. Any help?

I read most fo replyes, but i noticed some of you dont get this problem.

Finally, i would apreciate it if someone could give some tips/configs for the best performance of the projector.

Thanks in advance!
See the post above this one.
post #1553 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do you still own your glasses and have you used them with your HD131XE?
Which model number are the Optomas? They might be the same as the ESG601s I use.
I have never lost sync, until I walk out of the room. And the Blacks and Contrast appears equal to the 2D versions in every "test" I've tried. I can't afford to get the Estar RF emitter and glasses, and the quality I am observing seems excellent.

I'm sure you will enjoy your viewing.

Yes, I still own the DLP Link glasses and will be doing a direct comparison of RF vs IR. The Optoma glasses I own are Optoma BG-ZD101 glasses and they are equal to the Acer DLP Link glasses in terms of performance. The TrueDepth and generic glasses were a noticeable drop in performance.
post #1554 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:

Yes, I still own the DLP Link glasses and will be doing a direct comparison of RF vs IR. The Optoma glasses I own are Optoma BG-ZD101 glasses and they are equal to the Acer DLP Link glasses in terms of performance. The TrueDepth and generic glasses were a noticeable drop in performance.

Sounds good. Giving feedback here about DLP-LINK and RF glasses is an aid to newcomers. Specifics, model numbers and such are needed.

The model of Optoma that my glasses are a match of is BG-ZD301.

One complaint I hear about DLP-LINK glasses is that other lights disturb or disrupt them. My ESG601s have no such problem.
If people have glasses to warn about or recommend they should do so. Details and model numbers please.

I appreciate your information about models that don't work as well for you. I need to get a couple more pairs and I want as good as I've got.

I imagine there is a thread about active 3D glasses. I'll look. It is something that many inquire about.

Here's a recent thread about a similar PJ: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1480787/rf-sync-vs-dlp-link-sync-on-3d-projector
post #1555 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 AM

but why it only happens while using hdmi pc? watching blu ray movies or any other dvds are 100% focused everywhere

post #1556 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrest View Post

but why it only happens while using hdmi pc? watching blu ray movies or any other dvds are 100% focused everywhere
blu rays and DVDs are more forgiving. Use the menu in the projector and use the adjustment selection where you can move it to the four corners of the screen. You'll see.
post #1557 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedelbach View Post

Read the review and I still disagree with several of Art's points:
- He states this projector is not for first time projector buyers (I completely disagree here, I doubt most first time buyers are picking up $2,500-10,000+ projectors, and suspect for many that a $1500 and below projector will be their first).
- I don't think that everyone who buys this projector is going to be throwing it on massive screens or with tons of ambient light where you need to crank up the lumens and BC to max values to allow max lumens.
- I think Mike's calibration for max lumen output with BC cranked to 10 really makes it hard to get more accurate colors and it hurts with image noise.
- I agree with Art that color accuracy is an issue with this projector, but I don't think it is as bad as he found, and that is due to the calibration he is using with max lumen output and BC turned on higher than 1 or 2.
- My image is plenty bright enough in my room when it is dark with lamp on Eco and BC set to 1. I really don't want it any brighter.
- It does not look like he tested 3D and compared it to other $1000 and under projectors which is a shame. Since DLP projectors really do a great job with 3D and this is a strong point for the projector, even against projectors that cost 2 to 3 times more. I would put this up against an Epson 5030 or Panny 8000 anyday for 3D.

-
post #1558 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Read the review and I still disagree with several of Art's points:
- He states this projector is not for first time projector buyers (I completely disagree here, I doubt most first time buyers are picking up $2,500-10,000+ projectors, and suspect for many that a $1500 and below projector will be their first).
-

That's not the entire quote. The rest of the quote makes the statement more reasonable:
Quote:
On the other hand, I don’t consider this a great choice as a first projector, for someone who knows they are going to be a real hard core enthusiast. That is, if you are the kind that demands great color, and other high performance aspects, this one’s probably not for you.
Frankly, I don't know why he mentions "first projector" when his point is basically only referring to those demanding great color, first projector or not.

I have been comparing this pj to the benq w1070. In reading this review, it seems that the benq w1070 has much more accurate color. And the benq w1070 also has vertical lens shift (which is unheard of in the budget line of pjs). That makes me think the extra $165 for the benq w1070 at Amazon is worth it. What do you think??
post #1559 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTricks View Post

That's not the entire quote. The rest of the quote makes the statement more reasonable:
Frankly, I don't know why he mentions "first projector" when his point is basically only referring to those demanding great color, first projector or not.

I have been comparing this pj to the benq w1070. In reading this review, it seems that the benq w1070 has much more accurate color. And the benq w1070 also has vertical lens shift (which is unheard of in the budget line of pjs). That makes me think the extra $165 for the benq w1070 at Amazon is worth it. What do you think??

Maybe. But I think the image starts to deteriorate pretty badly when you use Brilliant Color so absurdly high as was used in this review. Try 1 and 2 and adjust all other variables properly, and you've got a bright beautiful image. Great 3D too.

But there may be some who have viewed both and have an opinion.
Maybe start a thread asking about the two?
post #1560 of 2778 Old 12-16-2013, 10:24 AM

In "user manual" I got there is list of "service shops".

I chose Optoma service from Germany (I am not from Germany, but in my Country there is no Optoma service) and write email about focusing issue.

They answered "Send projector for technical alignemnt" they DO NOT mention lens replacement, probably dlp chip alignment , maybe optics itself is ok...

Can ANYONE HERE SEND center (good focus) and side images to see how much un-focus compared to my PJ!!!!

SainSonic glasses users , please write how they work, maybe compare to original dlp link optoma glasses

biggrin.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page