Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2882 Old 02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeclough24 View Post

OK, I finally just recieved my PJ and I have the Mustang low profile mount. Hoping someone in here can help walk me through how to attach the mount.

Did it not come with instructions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2882 Old 02-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

Did it not come with instructions?

Not really. I could take a photo of them and show you but it's pretty much a no

Mike Clough #24
post #2073 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeclough24 View Post

OK, I finally just recieved my PJ and I have the Mustang low profile mount. Hoping someone in here can help walk me through how to attach the mount.

Mustang sells different mount styles, you'll have to be more specific.

Here is the (.pdf) document for the Mustang AV MV-PROJSP-FLAT - Low Profile Universal Ceiling Projector Mount.

http://www.avace.com/pdf/Mustang%20MV-PROJSP-FLAT%20User%20Manual.pdf

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #2074 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 109
It comes with instructions, but not overly great. Its one of them you just need to look at and analyze how the fingers will line up.
I sent you a PM back this morning with a little more detail.

post #2075 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone get a chance to check the Burn Notice noise and tell me what they are seeing (its on netflix) also let me know some material I can check out, if I need to I can rent ellisyum again or get another movie and maybe we can all figure this out, anyone have NO noise willing to share all their settings? niggenz (I think that is the persons name) said something but I Havent seen them post lately.
post #2076 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

I had it very noticable on capt. Phillips and Jurassic park.
I saw some on mortal instruments i believe
I can test that net flicks movie tonight if you tell me where.
I have a rip for Elysium too if you tell me where to check

Now for my situation, I PM'ed Cyrano to check on Jurassic Park once I have some sceens, but we can do this in here.
I did not realize to pay attention to when I had shorter cable runs. I had it half a$$ set up and with a 6ft HDMI until I moved all my stuff across the room and now running a 40FT higher end Monoprice HDMI cable. If no one can duplicate where I see noise then I will try shorter run and move some stuff back closer to the PJ to see if it does the same.
Then maybe take my BD player up to my plasma and try there to duplicate, but it will take quite a bit of work to do.

Also to define the noise I am seeing, it is not blocky or pixelation. It seems more as though you can see the individual pixels if that makes sense. Gritiness may be another better term.
I will see if I can capture this on camera, but doubtful.

I Still believe alot of it has to do with the material itself as again the higher hyped movies I saw it on, i researched it and alot of people notice the same thing. Just moreso has to do with poor lighting on film I believe.

Here is a link I came up with doing some more research. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=31748

I guess I am just too picky or too close to the screen.

post #2077 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

I will rent captain Phillips tonight, do you remember what scenes/times? also the timing of the noise was 9:40 for about ten to 15 seconds was really bad noise in the sky...I realize this is a older show and its streaming but I never noticed it till now...also on elysium (i have probaly had about 30 spellings on this sorry) I really cant recall what scenes, I am sorry I am no help on that movie but capt. Phillips and Jurassic Park I can get to try out!
post #2078 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Any of the darker parts like down in the engine room and when in the lifeboat are really bad.
Ill play with elysium tonight if I can. I dont have my AppleTV hooked up down there, but will try to test more .

Skies and snow seems to be the heaviest issues from my reccolection.
stuart628 likes this.

post #2079 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for the link for the credit! I had just purchased this projector a few hours ago through amazon. Even though they no longer had this promotion advertised, I contacted them through chat and they said they will apply it to my account within seven days of shipment.
post #2080 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

So I did not realize burn notice was a show. I got about 30 seconds into the first show and realized the quality is horrible.

did a quick test on Jurassic park and did not even need to get far from skipping into sceens. 19:38:03, the sky has a bunch of noise. 20:29:17 the sky is even worse behind the bronto. 23:50:14 sceen looks really bad on the walls on the left hand side.
40:51:21, bck ground very noisy.

This wasnt even searching for issues. Now JP is apparently known to be a so so transfer. So I will play more another day to look for more content

post #2081 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 PM

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Go figure...I pulled out and then reseated the lamp...and it powered on just fine.  I still don't trust it though, so I'm going to follow through on the replacement.  Just missed the $50 credit again!

The following post just happened and that person got the credit despite the offer being over. Might this apply to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redogfizbal View Post

Thanks for the link for the credit! I had just purchased this projector a few hours ago through amazon. Even though they no longer had this promotion advertised, I contacted them through chat and they said they will apply it to my account within seven days of shipment.
post #2082 of 2882 Old 02-04-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post

So I did not realize burn notice was a show. I got about 30 seconds into the first show and realized the quality is horrible.

did a quick test on Jurassic park and did not even need to get far from skipping into sceens. 19:38:03, the sky has a bunch of noise. 20:29:17 the sky is even worse behind the bronto. 23:50:14 sceen looks really bad on the walls on the left hand side.
40:51:21, bck ground very noisy.

This wasnt even searching for issues. Now JP is apparently known to be a so so transfer. So I will play more another day to look for more content

It is hard to tell from a 4" cellphone screen. I am seeing a rainbow effect as though you are not quite tuned-in to an old-time over-the-air TV channel. There is also a lot of banding. I am unable to see it on a bigger screen at the moment.
Did you try with a BD player and a connecting cable?

I can't comment on the Jurassic Park Picture quality at the moment as I'm not home. But I thought it was good, although there are, possibly better demo quality Blu-rays. I can't say with certainty without seeing it again.

But it doesn't have any of the problems that I see in your photos.
post #2083 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Advanced Member

The banding and rainbow only happens in pictures. It's not on the screen.

The only thing I notice is noise in backgrounds. Foreground items always look great. It's hard to capture on camera, but check on those scenes and see what you think.

I haven't been able to pull all my equipment around yet. Would likely be this weekend

post #2084 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

The following post just happened and that person got the credit despite the offer being over. Might this apply to you?

I'm going to chat with them today about how unhappy I am that they sent me a used projector. It'd be super helpful if anyone could send me their chat log where they were granted the credit.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2085 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:

The banding and rainbow only happens in pictures. It's not on the screen.

The only thing I notice is noise in backgrounds. Foreground items always look great. It's hard to capture on camera, but check on those scenes and see what you think.

I haven't been able to pull all my equipment around yet. Would likely be this weekend

So those pictures don't show the noise you speak of?

Connect a BD player to the PJ by a good, short cable and you'll know more.
Good luck this weekend.
post #2086 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Anyway, so right now I'm having a tough time settling on an ND filter. ND2 is a too weak. ND4 is too strong. The only filter I could find between them is the variable type...which works, but the edges are out of focus because it has to pass through two layers. Anyone know where I can find an "ND3" filter? Does that even exist?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2087 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post

So those pictures don't show the noise you speak of?

Connect a BD player to the PJ by a good, short cable and you'll know more.
Good luck this weekend.

Its absolutely on there. I just stated to not be concerned with the banding as that is a result from taking the picture and not present on the screen.
The noise I speak of should be pretty noticeable on the pictures attached.

It is connected to a BD player with a good cable. Just not a short one. I will see if I can move it this weekend.
Here is the cable I have for the PJ to the projector
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025506&p_id=9431&seq=1&format=2

post #2088 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:

Its absolutely on there. I just stated to not be concerned with the banding as that is a result from taking the picture and not present on the screen.
The noise I speak of should be pretty noticeable on the pictures attached.

It is connected to a BD player with a good cable. Just not a short one. I will see if I can move it this weekend.
Here is the cable I have for the PJ to the projector
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025506&p_id=9431&seq=1&format=2

well- I would just want to eliminate all optional possibilities. Do you think everyone else sees noise and tolerates it? Or perhaps it is just not identified as such on other setups? Perhaps.
Something is amiss and eventually it'll be clear.
I should have said a short cable that is known to have not had a problem. Long cables can be problematic. We are just trying to be scientific here.

Good luck. Sorry I can't see a larger sample of your pics.

I just know that I have never seen any anamoly with my setup. Ykwim?

EDIT: Perhaps you should return your unit as defective so you could try another? Just a thought.
post #2089 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

I think this example might be a bad example as I have searched and found a lot of people saying the bd for Jurassic park was a disgrace in terms of having a lot of noise.

I just have to watch more movies that I have seen on my tv already and know what it should look like to be able to test more.

post #2090 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:

I think this example might be a bad example as I have searched and found a lot of people saying the bd for Jurassic park was a disgrace in terms of having a lot of noise.

I just have to watch more movies that I have seen on my tv already and know what it should look like to be able to test more.

Well, I haven't seen the noise. I didn't read the bad reviews I guess.
Good luck. Perhaps there's not a problem at all.
post #2091 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Maybe my eyes are picky, but even the reviews here were not stellar at all on the 2d disc. 3D might have been different, but looked like crap most of the picture for me.

post #2092 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:

Maybe my eyes are picky, but even the reviews here were not stellar at all on the 2d disc. 3D might have been different, but looked like crap most of the picture for me.
I've been reading the reviews. Some bad, some good. Most good from my search.

Different strokes. 3D looks like 2D in contrast and such. I can't remember seeing noise. Grain maybe. I will have to rewatch. smile.gif

Good luck - perhaps you just have some movies that your eyes see problems with.
post #2093 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

It is grain more that I am reffering to. Sorry I consider that noise.

post #2094 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:

Here is the review from Ralph Potts. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1367447/jurassic-park-ultimate-trilogy-blu-ray-official-avsforum-review

Well. Film grain is not noise of course. Perhaps turn down your sharpness.

But you don't like what you don't like and that's the way we all are.

Good luck.
post #2095 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Okay So I did watch Captain Phillips and tired several things...first I will say the projector I have no is NO WHERE near as bad as my first. I didnt get to watch the whole movies but I did skip ahead to certain scenes just to see. We had company over that stayed late so I apologize for not watching the whole movie yet. But I did notice the noise in the water and on the side of the boat in one scene ( it was visible just not terrible). I looked at my settings and DUH I havent changed anything other then just hanging it up and and putting it in cinema mode for the kids...I meant to go back and change it, but alas I digress The noise was pretty much elimnated to a point where I am okay with it when I changed to reference mode(yes there is still some noise but to be honest i think some is to be expected) I must have had a bad unit as the lumens seem alot better with this machine. Also I realize that burn notice isnt the best quality but dang that much noise is not good at all. But as I said I will sit down with all of Captain Phillips and see what pans out, right now I am okay with this being where it is. on Reference mode its okay, I just need to find some settings that allows me some extra lumens when we have a light on or something. I know that brilliant color now really does tend to have an effect on image noise, but it also takes the lumens down to where I have to ask, if a different projector for a hunderd more or so would make a difference, but as of right now count me as a happy camper, it seems my first machine was really really bad, the new one seems to be working out okay!
post #2096 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

yeah what I am seeing on stuff is image noise too not grain, too bad all three of us couldnt meet in a theater and hash this out, lol...
post #2097 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

too bad all three of us couldnt meet in a theater and hash this out, lol...
That's the fact Jack. smile.gif
post #2098 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

I think alot of people will buy this projector and be very happy with it, but I have a had alot of projectors and seen what they can do (hd20, hd23, hd66, hd33, hd131, hd25-lv, panasonic ae7000, sony hw30es, hw55es). HEck my wife was like what are you talking about image noise lol...some people just dont see it, so dont be scared off of our little talk if anyone is reading this and thinking oh no, I am going to hate this projector, I think 95% of the people that buy it will love it, especially if you are watching Directv, and some blurays thrown in and gaming...I just happen to be a little picture snob that wants the best and pay the least lol.
post #2099 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM

Sometimes clarity shows one stuff one doesn't like.
post #2100 of 2882 Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

My family does not see it either other than on Jurassic park and the dark sceens of captn. phillips. Those were kind of extreme.
I admit I am very picky though. I do not like anything less than perfect. lol. It takes my eyes off the perfection and then i always tend to notice the imperfections. I am weird like that.

So what do you guys consider noise? I guess my terminology is off.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page