Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 96 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2851 of 2873 Old 08-22-2014, 01:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyingkiwi View Post
Hello Freinds, I am Anil from India and just joined AVS after purchasing this projector.

Now looks like I have messed few settings in the projector while watching a 3d (SBS) movie every thing was rok but now I m not seeing 3d just normal 2 videos running side by side , even the 3d menu is not available nothing happens if I press the 3d button the remote, what should I do?
I have tried reseting the PJ but no luck, was playing 3d movie with my laptop

Please see if you guys can help me with this issue
Anyone?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Aflyingkiwi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2852 of 2873 Old 08-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
I saw the same thing. The review on amazon mentions it comes with the Pro5 glasses but I can't find anything on them anywhere.

Kinda stupid that the Estar rf starter kit is $70 with one pair of glasses and the glasses alone are $60. It's almost worth it to just keep getting the starter kit and sell the emitter somewhere every time you need a pair of glasses. For that much money, the rf or bluetooth style better blow my mind because the dlp link ones SUCKED!
I went ahead and ordered their kit (3dtv corp Bluetooth) and two extra glasses. Hope they arrive this weekend. They were cheaper at their eBay store and the owner was great to communicate with via email. Let you know how it works out.

Last edited by b15nut; 08-22-2014 at 10:30 AM.
b15nut is offline  
post #2853 of 2873 Old 08-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Blindman0v0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyingkiwi View Post
Anyone?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
It does sound like the setting inside your PJ 3D menu. There is a setting in there where you can view the images side by side or top and bottom. Sounds like thats probably where the problem is.
Blindman0v0 is offline  
post #2854 of 2873 Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thought I would share a few pics of my set up. I have a ton of ambient light coming in during the day and this thing still does awesome. The calibration process was a pain as I still don't like the menu on this thing but well worth the effort. My crappy cell phone does not do this thing justice at all...
The picture of Star Wars during the day had a small smudge on the lens so the overall picture is not sharp but this was just showing how bright the image is at worst case scenarios)







My cell does horrible at capturing motion and colors so this thing looks way better than I can show. A really good projector for the price. Can't wait to hear how those blue-tooth 3d glasses work. Just got my refund back for the Okeba 3d glasses (Sainsonic knock offs) so I can safely say they sucked.
agent8 is online now  
post #2855 of 2873 Old 08-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
erwinfrombelgium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hi, folks!

I just joined the club and ordered one locally from a Belgian webshop (Coolblue Beamershop) for a cool blue €569! I guess this must a sale price because a new model is coming up? It will be boxed a few months, we have the carpenter now making the stud walls in the HT, so there's a lot more to be done before we can enjoy it. The plan is to use only the 16/9 part of our 2,35/1 screen. Will still be 100" wide and I have the masking panels.

The PJ I really want for that big screen is the Sony VW500ES, but that's not going to happen immediately. Therefore I saw no point in spending 2-3K for something that would still be clearly below what we saw from the Sony. I had set a €1,000 budget (+/- 300) so I am very happy since it's a lot cheaper still. The difference is more than enough for a mount and a HDMI cable.

Building a HT with 7.2.4 layout and ◤SEOS-24◥ LCR.
erwinfrombelgium is offline  
post #2856 of 2873 Old 08-23-2014, 01:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
erwinfrombelgium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Would you believe it, at 9:00 the PJ was delivered! On a Saturday! That's a first for me here in Belgium. Even Amazon takes 48 hours since they operate from France. They immediately packaged it, obviously. Only 10h between ordering and delivery.

Building a HT with 7.2.4 layout and ◤SEOS-24◥ LCR.
erwinfrombelgium is offline  
post #2857 of 2873 Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Member
 
Blindman0v0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Thought I would share a few pics of my set up. I have a ton of ambient light coming in during the day and this thing still does awesome. The calibration process was a pain as I still don't like the menu on this thing but well worth the effort. My crappy cell phone does not do this thing justice at all...
The picture of Star Wars during the day had a small smudge on the lens so the overall picture is not sharp but this was just showing how bright the image is at worst case scenarios)







My cell does horrible at capturing motion and colors so this thing looks way better than I can show. A really good projector for the price. Can't wait to hear how those blue-tooth 3d glasses work. Just got my refund back for the Okeba 3d glasses (Sainsonic knock offs) so I can safely say they sucked.
I would wait till after 50 hours of use before you start adjusting for colors. Usually takes that long for the bulb to get burned in. Once you get it in a dark room you will really be happy with it.
Blindman0v0 is offline  
post #2858 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
I went ahead and ordered their kit (3dtv corp Bluetooth) and two extra glasses. Hope they arrive this weekend. They were cheaper at their eBay store and the owner was great to communicate with via email. Let you know how it works out.
Did they come? I want to order some 3d glasses and I am curious to hear how these worked for you. Almost pulled the trigger on the estar rf starter kit but I chickened out.
agent8 is online now  
post #2859 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Did they come? I want to order some 3d glasses and I am curious to hear how these worked for you. Almost pulled the trigger on the estar rf starter kit but I chickened out.
They are being delivered today. Also picked up some Samsung 5150 glasses to test with it. Hope to test it tonight. 5 pairs of glasses and emitter were under $200 total.
b15nut is offline  
post #2860 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Did they come? I want to order some 3d glasses and I am curious to hear how these worked for you. Almost pulled the trigger on the estar rf starter kit but I chickened out.
Just arrived. Plugged in the emitter, put on the Samsung 5150, synced right up. Watching a SBS rip of Transformers 3. I am charging the glasses that came with the kit. Must say I am very impresses with 3d on this PJ!
b15nut is offline  
post #2861 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Not real thrilled with the look of the 5150s and I can't find what refresh rate they are at 120 or 144 but for as cheap as they are and the batteries as cheap as they are, that's hard to beat. What exactly is the name of the emitter you got? I can't find it anywhere on ebay.
agent8 is online now  
post #2862 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This is the one I got but it looks a lot different than the picture.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/150880907428?txnId=1129636023005

I am using the 5150 at 1080p 60hz with SBS rip from htpc. Over/under rip has to be at 120hz which I can't do yet at 1080p until I can force it but can do at 720p. Post a pic later.

Last edited by b15nut; 08-25-2014 at 01:51 PM.
b15nut is offline  
post #2863 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here is the pic
b15nut is offline  
post #2864 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
Here is the pic
Very cool. Not sure if they are charged yet but is there a big difference in performance and comfort between the kits glasses and the 5150s? Are the lenses about the same size? I wear prescription glasses and if the 5150s are close, I may just get the emitter by itself and the 5150s as I need them. Will the kit and or the 5150s do 144 @1080p or is that all up to the source material? Thanks for being the guinea pig and for the help!!!
agent8 is online now  
post #2865 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
PGT FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I finally got my HD25E installed last night. What Optoma glasses should I order (or alternate brand)? Do I need an emitter too? Looks like the projector supports DLP Link
PGT FTW is offline  
post #2866 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The docs for the 5150 show frames per second at 120. I assume that's 120hz. They are charged now but doing homework with my daughter. Will reboot my htpc to see if the 120hz force took and report back later.
b15nut is offline  
post #2867 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT FTW View Post
I finally got my HD25E installed last night. What Optoma glasses should I order (or alternate brand)? Do I need an emitter too? Looks like the projector supports DLP Link
If you are using dlp link then you don't need an emitter, just dlp link glasses. Emitter is needed if you plan to use rf or BT glasses.
b15nut is offline  
post #2868 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
PGT FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
thanks. looks like there are some good DLP Link options for about $30/ea on Amazon.
PGT FTW is offline  
post #2869 of 2873 Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Very cool. Not sure if they are charged yet but is there a big difference in performance and comfort between the kits glasses and the 5150s? Are the lenses about the same size? I wear prescription glasses and if the 5150s are close, I may just get the emitter by itself and the 5150s as I need them. Will the kit and or the 5150s do 144 @1080p or is that all up to the source material? Thanks for being the guinea pig and for the help!!!
Ok, so restarted the HTPC and was able to force it to 120hz which means that I can view the SBS and the OU rips that I have. The 3dtv corp Pro5 seem much nicer to watch the movie through. The Hz rating comes from the source device to the PJ so its up to what you are using to play it. I believe the Pro5 do not work at 144hz which is what is pushed by new Blu-Ray players (but I am not that well versed in this stuff yet). The Pro5 are bigger and would work better with glasses. I will check the fit with my glasses on tomorrow. Contacts just make it easier lol
b15nut is offline  
post #2870 of 2873 Old 08-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok, so depending on your type of glasses the 5150BG will work. I have ray-ban thick frame rectangular frames and they slide right up with no problems. The Pro5 are bigger so they will work better with larger frames. I will be using the Pro5 for family and the Samsung for visitors Here is the link to the Pro5 glasses as a 2 pack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151067062172...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and the emitter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150880907428...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I dont have any experience with DLP-Link but would highly recommend this kit and glasses. I even spent 1 minute looking away from the screen and looked back with complete sync (heard that was an issue with the DLP-Link needing to resync). These are AWESOME!
b15nut is offline  
post #2871 of 2873 Old 08-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
Ok, so depending on your type of glasses the 5150BG will work. I have ray-ban thick frame rectangular frames and they slide right up with no problems. The Pro5 are bigger so they will work better with larger frames. I will be using the Pro5 for family and the Samsung for visitors Here is the link to the Pro5 glasses as a 2 pack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151067062172...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and the emitter:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150880907428...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I dont have any experience with DLP-Link but would highly recommend this kit and glasses. I even spent 1 minute looking away from the screen and looked back with complete sync (heard that was an issue with the DLP-Link needing to resync). These are AWESOME!
I am just having a problem getting over the fact that they want over 100 bucks for that little box. They are the only company that makes it so the can charge whatever. I put in a best offer on one kit that was only 15 bucks cheaper than the buy it now price and they didn't budge. I would love to find what's inside of that box and order the parts from China but oh well. The 5150 glasses are so cheap, it almost makes it worth it. I would probably use the pro5s just for my family too since there is just 2 of us. One of these days I will pull the trigger.
agent8 is online now  
post #2872 of 2873 Old 08-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Member
 
b15nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
I am just having a problem getting over the fact that they want over 100 bucks for that little box. They are the only company that makes it so the can charge whatever. I put in a best offer on one kit that was only 15 bucks cheaper than the buy it now price and they didn't budge. I would love to find what's inside of that box and order the parts from China but oh well. The 5150 glasses are so cheap, it almost makes it worth it. I would probably use the pro5s just for my family too since there is just 2 of us. One of these days I will pull the trigger.
The emitter kit comes with the two Pro5 glasses for the $126 and $45 for the additional 2 pack kit. So you would be at $158 with two pairs of Samsung glasses as well. The EStar kit is $250 buy the time you get 3 more pairs of glasses and you cant use the cheap Samsung glasses either. Pull the trigger already

Last edited by b15nut; 08-26-2014 at 08:08 PM.
b15nut is offline  
post #2873 of 2873 Old 08-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ftoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 763
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by b15nut View Post
I dont have any experience with DLP-Link but would highly recommend this kit and glasses. I even spent 1 minute looking away from the screen and looked back with complete sync (heard that was an issue with the DLP-Link needing to resync). These are AWESOME!
Using the under $12 g15 DLP-link glasses I have to turn my head completely away from the screen (nearly 180degrees) for several seconds to lose sync and turning back toward the screen the glasses simply resync themselves automatically within a second or two..it's no problem. If these $12 glasses can consistently perform this well, I'd have to guess fancier more expensive DLPlink glasses would be as good or better. Though I should warn that I've heard the $30 Sainsonic glasses aren't as good.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.

Last edited by Ftoast; 08-27-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Ftoast is online now  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off