Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 2886 Old 09-11-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
I am using an Elite 100" spectrum screen. Works great.

I also went ahead and got the bluetooth emitter kit from 3-d corp and it works AWESOME! I didn't want to say anything until I won the auction in case other people bid on it and until I reviewed it. I got the kit for $99 and it comes with 2 pro 5 glasses. The 3-d compared to the dlp link is night and day. No crosstalk and they stay perfectly in sync. I highly recommend them. My wife has a hard time seeing 3-d but with this kit, she saw it right away and was blown away. Thanks B15nut for suggesting them!

As far as a mount, I bought a cheap universal one on Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
I hated it as for setting it up but once that's done, it's fine. Took some work getting the legs right and I had to invert them but it stays put. If you don't need to adjust it often, I would just get a cheap one.
Thanks for the information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 2886 Old 09-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer View Post
Hi
I feel stupid! I filed RMA for my projector (due to uniformity and a flickering color) and got the RMA number in my email
But I don't know what to do with it Do I have to print it and put the label inside the box? Where to ship it? UPS or USPS? I'm under warranty, Do I have to pay for the round trip? Do I need to write optoma address or the RMA's number will be enough?
Didn't RMA before (I'm not from US but my friend there have my projector) so any detail will be helpful
just send that email to your friend he might know what to do..

but you can find the details here http://www.optomausa.com/support/rma/.

You are done till step 3.. just need to do step 4.. shipping address is in the pdf file which they send you from step 3... yes place the print out the pdf file inside the box....

while shipping out it is on us.. but after repair optoma will pay for shipping and send it back to us..

hope that helps..
ameer likes this.
post #2883 of 2886 Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I returned my projector (HD131xe) to optoma for unifromity issue & color flickering , they recieved it on 19 September , to this day still they did not fix it, talked to them by phone they said they waiting for a part << I supposed its a DMD chip and they don't know when it will arrive!!
I don't know what to do, Can I force them with another option? Is there a deadline for RMA service?
post #2884 of 2886 Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
All you can do is jump on them and tell them to either fix it in the next couple of days or send you a new one or even a refurbished one. These companies always have refurbished models.
post #2885 of 2886 Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer View Post
I returned my projector (HD131xe) to optoma for unifromity issue & color flickering , they recieved it on 19 September , to this day still they did not fix it, talked to them by phone they said they waiting for a part << I supposed its a DMD chip and they don't know when it will arrive!!
I don't know what to do, Can I force them with another option? Is there a deadline for RMA service?
I had the same issue with their support, thankfully I had a spare projector (my old Mitsu) to hold me over. Was about 5 weeks from when I shipped it to when I got it back.
post #2886 of 2886 Old Today, 01:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Tambling View Post
CIH - Constant Height Projection on the HD131xe using LBX or Letterbox mode and an anamorphic lens, my report.<br><br>
It would appear the HD131xe is an outstanding budget DLP projector. Coming from Sharp LCD flat screen, I'm more than impressed. Obviously, I'm not going to be watching much more than a ghosted image on a bright day because I have skylights and very little light control (although I'm working on that for some game day viewing, but my main use for this projector was always movies at night... although it could be anything at night, you gamers, etc...).<br><br>
HOWEVER, on a CIH setup, using a 2.35 horizontal expansion HE lens (in this case the Panamorph UH480), I was hoping the LBX (letterbox) feature on the HD131xe would vertically stretch JUST the black bars off the screen, then the lens expand it back to correct proportions (with some margin of error expected due to small variances in 2.35-2.4:1, even though I still do not know what to believe if this is just nomenclature and not an actual difference in aspect ratio). Anyway, there have been reported issues and I absolutely can report that it is too aggressive with its vertical stretch. In LBX mode with the correct lens, you get top and bottom cropping. Most people wishing to do constant height (CIH), this is unacceptable. I still think the projector is a good deal, but it is unfortunate I chose this projector for a CIH setup, this function is marketed as a feature, and works poorly for that purpose.<br><br>
I did just try and firmware update from the Optoma USA website, going from 03 firmware that came with the projector to 04 firmware which was from this last September (2013). On another forum where they were arguing the firmware difference between the HD25e and the HD131xe, someone mentioned this CIH problem and that it was resolved by a firmware update. Well, it is not. Tops of people's heads are still chopped off along with bottom of screen. There are no manual adjustments for this, other than you can vertically and horizontally pan using one of the settings, so you can see how much image you're losing.<br><br>
So very disappointed. I'm also disappointed that Optoma didn't respond to my first two support inquiries ever from their company (being a new customer). Not a very good start, but still a lot of bang for the buck on it's most standard projection capability.
With the LBX feature overstretch fixed, am I correct in thinking it does a vertical-only 1.33 stretch to expand a 2.35 bluray to fill the chip and an anamorphic lens can expand to 2.35 ?

I used to do this with YXY software when using PowerDVD on an HTPC, but a projector with this function -- if it did quality scaling -- would be simpler than going back to HTPC.

I also notice there is no "LBX" button on the HD141X remote (unless 'Aspect Ratio' is just renaming it), so if it works well on the HD131XE and doesn't exist on the HD141X, that is kind of an important purchasing decision.

Can someone confirm or deny these points ?

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page