Optoma HD131Xe, HD (1080p), 2500 ANSI Lumens, 3D-Home Theater Projector - Sub $800 New Budget King? - Page 99 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2941 of 2948 Old 12-22-2014, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
A different brand of glasses could help too, but it's best to make sure it's not the projector's settings first.
A decent way to see if the glasses are part of the problem is to look at a very dark or black picture/scene. Even if the projector is set weird, that black should still look pretty black. If the glasses are passing a light they aren't supposed to be, then the black will have a noticeable green tint as well.

If blacks have a green tint, it's time to shop for a different brand of glasses.
Thanks for your input. I found some time to test out the suggestions to made, and the resulting output still looks green when viewed thru the glasses.

Note that in both examples below, like before, the green effect is a little more intensified than how it actually appears, but only by a small margin ..

Example #1 :

Without glasses (enabled 3D -> 2D option):

With glasses:

Example #2 (dark scene):

Without glasses:

With glasses:

Here are the settings I'm using:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 2948 Unread 12-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Can someone please help me out with the above ?
post #2943 of 2948 Unread Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Has this thread been relocated to the graveyard ?
post #2944 of 2948 Unread Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Has this thread been relocated to the graveyard ?

You might find some decent color settings back at post 771 that might work for you.

JCP
post #2945 of 2948 Unread Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Its just the nature of 3D at this point, it will be darker than 2D. And the contrast really suffers along with colors.
The industry just isn't ready for 3D yet. Going to need to be some improvements before it works very well. The next big step will be holographic 3D, that should be pretty nice.
3D is just like looking through a window at this point and I just don't find that all that entertaining.
post #2946 of 2948 Unread Yesterday, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindman0v0 View Post
Its just the nature of 3D at this point, it will be darker than 2D. And the contrast really suffers along with colors.
The industry just isn't ready for 3D yet. Going to need to be some improvements before it works very well. The next big step will be holographic 3D, that should be pretty nice.
3D is just like looking through a window at this point and I just don't find that all that entertaining.

The thing is that until they come up with a better system for 3D, we have what we have, and it is still better than 2D as far as I'm concerned. Also, I'm 71 and to wait for big time 3D in the future might just be too far down the road. I do find the brightness suffers just a bit, but in a near dark room, I see no real problems. Colors are fine and contrast is fine.

JCP
post #2947 of 2948 Unread Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCP1740 View Post
You might find some decent color settings back at post 771 that might work for you.
Are those settings for 2D or 3D ? I can't tell. I really need the settings for 3D only as I only intend to use this projector for 3D (for 2D I have JVC RS-46).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindman0v0 View Post
Although darkness is also a problem for me, my major concern is the 'greenish' tint that's visible when viewing 3D content through those EStar 3D glasses. I can't seem to get rid of that.

Although, I think everyone else here uses those same 3D glasses with this projector, so I'm not sure if the glasses are to be blamed.
post #2948 of 2948 Unread Today, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Are those settings for 2D or 3D ? I can't tell. I really need the settings for 3D only as I only intend to use this projector for 3D (for 2D I have JVC RS-46).

Although darkness is also a problem for me, my major concern is the 'greenish' tint that's visible when viewing 3D content through those EStar 3D glasses. I can't seem to get rid of that.

Although, I think everyone else here uses those same 3D glasses with this projector, so I'm not sure if the glasses are to be blamed.
The setting work for both 2D and 3D. As for the glasses, many of us use Sainsonics, no green tint in them. I use the over the glasses type, Sainsonic Zodiac Model #28-010-904 and have no problems with color, of course they do darken the brightness a little, like all of them do, but in a near dark room I find that no problem. These glasses do not need the external emitter.

JCP
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread