Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys
Long story short
I want to know if there is much difference in PQ between these 2 units iv had to move **** around at home I currently own a HD33 and where iv moved it to I'm getting a 95" max and noticed if I sold it and purchases the ben Q I would be able to get a larger image however I don't want to sacrifice PQ or anything else if the optoma is a better unit ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheerz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I would say it would not be a down grade unless you use the FI in the HD33 that the 1070 lacks other wise the 1070 should be a slight upgrade. A cheaper solution is to find a front surface mirror to extend the range of your HD33.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 9 Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post

I would say it would not be a down grade unless you use the FI in the HD33 that the 1070 lacks other wise the 1070 should be a slight upgrade. A cheaper solution is to find a front surface mirror to extend the range of your HD33.

Cheers for the response
Could you elaborate about how to use the mirror I'm a total novice sorry

Also with the hd33 I'm using dlp tru depth 3D glasses would they work with the ben q ?

And lastly woukd the black level be comparable between the 2 units ?

Thanks again appreciate your help
post #4 of 9 Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

As an example say your projector in on a table lens facing the screen and your throw distance is 10'. Turn the projector around and put a front surface mirror on the wall behind and bounce the image off the mirror onto the screen thus increasing your throw distance to 12'. The image will be reversed but most all projectors can reverse the image just as they can turn it upside down for ceiling mounting. As far as the glasses go they must be 144hz for the benQ (the HD33 only requires 120hz).

post #5 of 9 Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As an example say your projector in on a table lens facing the screen and your throw distance is 10'. Turn the projector around and put a front surface mirror on the wall behind and bounce the image off the mirror onto the screen thus increasing your throw distance to 12'. The image will be reversed but most all projectors can reverse the image just as they can turn it upside down for ceiling mounting. As far as the glasses go they must be 144hz for the benQ (the HD33 only requires 120hz).

Thanks mate very interesting does the offset remain the same distance ? So like instead of off set from the lens it would be offset from the mirror ? If that makes sense ?
post #6 of 9 Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

offset is still from the lens, but it is irrelevant because you now can angle the mirror to move the image up or down

post #7 of 9 Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

offset is still from the lens, but it is irrelevant because you now can angle the mirror to move the image up or down

In order to not let the PJ body to block the image, you would need to shoot it way over the top. Would that introuduce massive key stone?
post #8 of 9 Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

As long as the mirror is in the correct location and angled correctly there is no keystone. Although projector manufactures don't recommend it you could mount the projector on the bottom of the wall facing up towards the ceiling and put a mirror at a 45% angle in the correct location to bounce the image to the screen. I built a rear projection screen many years ago using a HD CRT projector in my living room with an 90" screen using mirrors and later converted it to a DLP projector. How do you think RPTV's work?

post #9 of 9 Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As long as the mirror is in the correct location and angled correctly there is no keystone. Although projector manufactures don't recommend it you could mount the projector on the bottom of the wall facing up towards the ceiling and put a mirror at a 45% angle in the correct location to bounce the image to the screen. I built a rear projection screen many years ago using a HD CRT projector in my living room with an 90" screen using mirrors and later converted it to a DLP projector. How do you think RPTV's work?

Yeah true mate
Thanks very interesting and appreciate your help
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd33 1080p 3d Projector , Optoma Hd33 3d Ready Dlp Projector , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page