Optoma HD25 or HD25e - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I am building my first home theater and have a dilemma. I will be projecting from 14' onto a 120" diagonal screen in my finished basement. There is a tini window in the corner which I can completely black out, so I have great light control. I kind of want to get the HD25e because I read that it is more efficient and has a cheaper replacement bulb, but my fear is that it is going to be too bright for my application. Can you guys comment on whether you think it is too bright for a dark basement? can I just turn down the brightness on the projector without sacrificing image quality?
Additional quesions: I know the digital keystone adjustment degrades image quality, but is the degredation proportional to the angle? in other words, if I just have to tilt the projector a little bit, will I sacrifice less that if I have to tilt it dramatically, or is it an all or nothing thing? I'm asking because I have a fairly low ceiling (87"). On a related note, can anyone recommend a very low profile ceiling mount that would be compatible with the hd25e? Thanks for your time guys, and please forgive my ignorance as this is my first go round.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dres1 View Post

Hello,
I am building my first home theater and have a dilemma. I will be projecting from 14' onto a 120" diagonal screen in my finished basement. There is a tini window in the corner which I can completely black out, so I have great light control. I kind of want to get the HD25e because I read that it is more efficient and has a cheaper replacement bulb, but my fear is that it is going to be too bright for my application. Can you guys comment on whether you think it is too bright for a dark basement? can I just turn down the brightness on the projector without sacrificing image quality?
Additional quesions: I know the digital keystone adjustment degrades image quality, but is the degredation proportional to the angle? in other words, if I just have to tilt the projector a little bit, will I sacrifice less that if I have to tilt it dramatically, or is it an all or nothing thing? I'm asking because I have a fairly low ceiling (87"). On a related note, can anyone recommend a very low profile ceiling mount that would be compatible with the hd25e? Thanks for your time guys, and please forgive my ignorance as this is my first go round.
Mine is in a basement room with dark walls and ceiling. I run it in Eco mode and the brightness is just right so don't think you will have an issue with brightness. My ceiling is also low but a little higher than yours (92") but it's not a problem. I use the Mustang mount but you may need one with a little less drop. Amazon has mounts with only a couple of inch drop. A little tilt won't be noticeable with 16:9 material but if you tilt it too much you will see a bow in the image when watching scope material.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is no reason to get the HD25 anymore. The Optoma HD131xe is the same but much cheaper and a little brighter.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 144
With a lower wattage lamp producing slightly more lumens, I would surmise that the on/off contrast of the Optoma HD131xe would be lower than the HD-25. Since the brightness and light path has been changed, I would not say this is exactly the same projector. Need to find some reviews to see if it took a black level hit.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25e 2800 Ansi Lumens 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page