The Offical Epson 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 293 Old 04-25-2014, 05:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have not noticed any curve to the bottom of my picture. In my experience the deposit, or sometimes just a hold on a card, is pretty standard if they are going to front you the product so you are not without a projector for the exchange period.
BDUB619 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 293 Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaT View Post

I have not noticed any curve to the bottom of my picture. In my experience the deposit, or sometimes just a hold on a card, is pretty standard if they are going to front you the product so you are not without a projector for the exchange period.

Do you have yours ceiling mounted? If so how far from the ceiling and screen is it mounted?

The screenshots on projectorreviews dot com show the same pincushion or curve except theirs shows at the top of the screen since they had theirs set on a table.

This is the first time I've been asked for a specific dollar amount for a hold. I've advance exchanged things before and was just asked for a valid card to use but wasn't charged or had any authorization hold placed. Directv just sent me a new genie as an advance exchange  with no credit card hold needed. My biggest gripe is how rude the tech reps are there. The one guy immediately got an attitude cause he claimed he couldn't hear me well enough.

post #273 of 293 Old 04-26-2014, 07:55 AM

7'7" floor to ceiling in my basement. Ceiling mount 13" from ceiling to top of projector (or bottom I guess since it is upside down). From 106" screen to front of the lens is a little less than 10 ft. I looked at it pretty hard and I don't see the distortion, that is pretty obvious in your pictures, on the top or the bottom.

I see from a previous post you have a 106" screen and your projector is about a foot further away. I wonder if the curve may have something to do with the amount of zoom used. You image would be larger at the same zoom setting with the projector further away. That would require you to shrink the image with the zoom ring, right? Maybe that adjustment is causing the bow.

I will try to zoom mine to a smaller image and see if I can see any bowing.
post #274 of 293 Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 PM

Still don't see any curve to the picture. I even put a yardstick up and had my wife stand back and see if she could see anything and she is pretty picky.
post #275 of 293 Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaT View Post

Still don't see any curve to the picture. I even put a yardstick up and had my wife stand back and see if she could see anything and she is pretty picky.

Thanks for checking. I think I'll take a shot at having Epson swap it out. I'll probably send it in since I can do without the PJ for a couple of weeks.

post #276 of 293 Old 04-27-2014, 05:19 PM

Good luck. I think it's worth a shot. You can always return it if the second one doesn't work out.
post #277 of 293 Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 AM

A quick question for everyone with this projector. It's normal that after a while the fan noise increases?

I have mine ceiling mounted, and I sit under it. Always in eco mode, after about 20 or 30 minutes of use the fan noise increases, I mean the sound is not constant, I did the test with high altitude mode on and off (because I live in a high city), and there is no difference, the fan speed (and noise) increases after a while.

post #278 of 293 Old 04-30-2014, 10:04 AM
IVB
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm not guaranteeing that mine doesn't do that, but I certainly haven't noticed it. And I always use Eco mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

------------------------------------
I'm on Google Plus a lot more than online forums now, contact me there if you want something.

post #279 of 293 Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobisama View Post

A quick question for everyone with this projector. It's normal that after a while the fan noise increases?

I have mine ceiling mounted, and I sit under it. Always in eco mode, after about 20 or 30 minutes of use the fan noise increases, I mean the sound is not constant, I did the test with high altitude mode on and off (because I live in a high city), and there is no difference, the fan speed (and noise) increases after a while.

I haven't noticed the fan getting louder after being on for a while. It is quite loud when I first turn the thing on. Once it warms up and I get some content on the screen it quiets down a lot. I have mine in eco mode cinema. Watched a Ron White stand up special which is mostly talk and didn't notice the fan.

If the fan is getting louder as you go I would think the PJ is heating up and the PJ runs the fan harder to cool it down. Maybe check your dust filter.

Seems like problems on this model PJ are hit or miss. Some folks have no problems and others have different problems.

post #280 of 293 Old 05-07-2014, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobisama View Post

Mine remains about the same noise level. Sounds like your bulb is overheating (either warm room or dust?). Makes sense that the fan speeds up, hence the noise, after about 20 minutes because by then the bulb has warmed up. I wonder if it really is the altitude? Interesting.

Speaking of fan noise, I notice mine is a little louder at first start up but then after about 2-3 minutes, it's fairly quiet. During viewing, it depends on what I'm watching. I was watching NBA playoffs the other night and suddenly realized I heard NO FAN NOISE. I even got right under the PJ to listen for it and couldn't hear it (yep, the fan was still on). Guess it just depends on the temperature in the room, temp of the bulb and what's being displayed on screen....and altitude.

Sony 70W830B & Epson HC2000 1080P 3D Projector
Xbox One & PS4
XBL Gamertag: JonnyRingo619
post #281 of 293 Old 05-09-2014, 09:16 AM

Has anyone had their 2030 lamp refuse to come on? Mine started doing this last night. Eventually, the orange lamp error light comes on. I can't imagine the lamp burned out... it probably has maybe 50 hours on it.
post #282 of 293 Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zich View Post

Has anyone had their 2030 lamp refuse to come on? Mine started doing this last night. Eventually, the orange lamp error light comes on. I can't imagine the lamp burned out... it probably has maybe 50 hours on it.

Not a common error. Have you checked with Epson?

I have ~350 hours on my lamp and haven't had any issues so far.

Xbox One & PS4
post #283 of 293 Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM

My lamp burned out. At 47 hours. Epson sent me a new lamp. Hopefully it's not indicative of a larger issue.
post #284 of 293 Old 05-24-2014, 10:05 AM

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to home PJ and have been looking through this thread for the past couple hours. My question, is there any noticeable difference between the 2030 and 2000 when it comes to input lag, brightness, or picture quality? 

I am a gamer and am looking for no noticeable input lag, with a bright screen for gaming during the day (my room has curtains that allow some ambient light) but am easygoing with regards to the finer points of image quality. Thanks!

post #285 of 293 Old 05-24-2014, 01:49 PM

How is the 3D with this PJ at a 140" screen? Is it bright enough?

post #286 of 293 Old 05-27-2014, 09:58 AM

I just bought this projector Sunday (replaced a 9 year Ingocus SP4805) Showed The Lego Movie outside for my nephews. Love it! Now I need to buy some KIDS 3D glasses. Anyone know where I can find some? .
post #287 of 293 Old 05-29-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceAdler View Post

I just bought this projector Sunday (replaced a 9 year Ingocus SP4805) Showed The Lego Movie outside for my nephews. Love it! Now I need to buy some KIDS 3D glasses. Anyone know where I can find some? .

Amazon.com

3D Active Glasses - Samsung SSG-5100GB

I think they're still under $20/each. I bought 2 of them and they work great...and 4x less $$ than the Epson 3D glasses.

Xbox One & PS4
post #288 of 293 Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Liked: 13
Hello. I have a 5030 projector and as I am loving the "projector experience" a new interest of watching everything on a big screen has grown to me so I am looking for a cheaper projector to use it on a daily basis (about 2 hours per day) and the 5030 for movie watching on the weekends.

I use my 5030 on a shelf that that if I were to draw an imaginary line from the lens projector to the screen said imaginary line would be just 8 inches shy from the center of the screen (my screen is a 135" with a total height, incluiding frame, of 70 inches). Horizontal wise the projector would be also about 8-10 inches from the center. The shelf is about 14-15 foot from the screen and placing the projecto in said shelf will make the projector to be about 4.4 feet from the ground.

I can center the image with the 5030 using it's lens shiffting features with no problem at all.

My question is: Even though the 2030 has no lens shiftting can I place it in the shelf where I place the 5030 and manage to adjust the image (vertically and horizontally) using keystone or other methods? I have read that projectors without lens shiffting can only be placed either high on the ceiling or in a low coffee table but no at the middle of the road (almost the same distance from the floor than to the ceiling) but would like to know if the 2030 would allow my shelf positioning.

Thank you!!
post #289 of 293 Old 06-10-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfinn View Post

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to home PJ and have been looking through this thread for the past couple hours. My question, is there any noticeable difference between the 2030 and 2000 when it comes to input lag, brightness, or picture quality? 

I am a gamer and am looking for no noticeable input lag, with a bright screen for gaming during the day (my room has curtains that allow some ambient light) but am easygoing with regards to the finer points of image quality. Thanks!

I can't speak to the 2000, but I have the 2030. I am not a "hard core gamer" by any means, but I do a fair amount of gaming with an Xbox One on the 2030. There are 2 settings for the image processing, "fast" and "fine". For me there is noticeable lag when you have this projector set to "fine" mode. It is noticeable, to me, in Forza even playing single player. The car just feels sluggish and it is difficult to do well. I cannot feel the lag when it is set to "fast". I don't seem to be doing any worse in online-multiplayer matches on COD in "fast" mode. I didn't even try online play in "fine".

As long as you have a good signal coming in "fast" mode does not look much different than "fine". If I am watching a movie or trying to show off the projector I do try to remember to switch it over to "fine" because it does make a slight improvement in the picture. Picture quality on this thing is amazing with Blurays.

I don't have any windows in the room where I have the 2030. The kids do come down there to play and turn lights on and I don't find it difficult to see. It definitely suffers more from ambient light than a flat screen would.
post #290 of 293 Old 06-17-2014, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I have the Epson HC2000 (cheaper/less bright sister of the 2030) and it currently has a little over 1200 on the lamp/filter at eco mode with no issues. We got it in November and it functions as a TV (with a 169 inch 16:9 image on a painted wall) with an average daily use of about 5 hours. I did recently bump up the brightness via the remote from the factory setting up 1.

As far as gaming, South Park Stick of Truth is all we have played on it so I can't speak to lag issues.

As to noise issues, the projector is mounted directly above our seating position and we do not notice the fan noise. It is in the basement so the temperature averages 68 to 73 in both the winter and summer. (We like it cool.)

As to mounting, I have it mostly right after several attempts...but, I don't have it perfect (centered) so the image drops/slopes a little to the right. I can't say that we really notice the slope unless we are looking for it.
We watched the Lego movie on blu-ray last night and the slope might be a little more noticeable on a non-16:9 image.

As to 3d, my family/3 girls are not fans of 3d, so I will watch the 3d version of the Lego movie this weekend by myself which is how I watch all 3d content. Six pairs of glasses and I am the only one (except for the occassional friend) who enjoyes 3d. Good 3d on the projector is once I move my seating position from about 14 to 16 feet up to 10 to 12.

As a person who went to the movies almost every weekend, I haven't been to a theater since I got the projectors (my girls have been to a few). Sometimes it is hard to wait, but worth it. Family of four to one movie plus snacks and if we have to see 3d due to a sold out 2d, we really save. The projector has paid for itself in six months. Now if the projector lasts another 6 months that covers the 5.2 surround and if it lasts another year, that takes care of the two new theater seats. (One 7 day vacation to Florida/Disney/beach we spent about $350 at theaters due to weather and getting stuck with several 3d movies as the 2d sold out. A projector and Amazon Prime will now travel with us for all beach/park vacations.)

So to sum up, I have been very pleased with the Epson...but I also have a Viewsonic with a SVGA image and I am equally pleased with it (600 hours since September), so I am probably not the best judge of image quality since I prefer both projectors (Epson - 169 inch image on a wall, Viewsonic - 92 inch image on a screen) to my Sharp 70 inch TV.
post #291 of 293 Old 06-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfinn View Post
Hi all,

I have the 2000 and I use it mostly for games and movies and more games. Brightness is not an issue at all as this thing is a real light cannon, I never even take mine out of Eco mode. PQ is excellent, as good as an LED IMO (blacks aren't the inky black but at this price point, they're excellent). LAG: When I play offline, I keep the PJ in FINE mode for better detail. But if you play online, definitely keep it in FAST mode, I believe that keeps it ~30ms lag time, very good / acceptable. FAST mode cuts down on some of the detail on screen but you'll only notice if you sit right up next to it. FAST mode is the only way to go if you play FPS online.

Xbox One & PS4
post #292 of 293 Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I just ordered this projector and I'm stoked for it to get here. It's on backorder now from where I ordered it, but I have some work to do in that room anyway, so no big deal. Right now I have an ancient 1024x768 projector that I picked up from a local community college for $75 and the kids get a kick out of the 120" screen in the basement, but I'm always irritated at the resolution and screen-door-effect.
post #293 of 293 Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 PM

How does ambient light effect your picture? I am looking at the calc and a 106" image from 10'6" shows 31fl. Anyone viewing this in a non light controlled room during daylight hours that can post a pic for us? Thanks.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , 3lcd Projector 2200 Lumens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page