The Offical Epson 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #331 of 358 Old 08-04-2014, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ok, I'm officially impressed, since this is my first projector I've got nothing to compare to but over the weekend I decided to get the projector up and running, needed to build a new component stand for my receiver and center, and since my xbr has a bad blue color block (been living with it for way too long because of a 3-4 week repair time) I decided to go ahead and fire the projector up for the first time to start calculating distances and mounting position, and I gotta say this thing really surprised me, even on my tan colored, textured wall it looks fantastic.
Can't wait to actually do it right, and looks like I'm going to end up at 171" for the screen wall, but I'm totally impressed for under $900.

I'm going to start a build thread, there's lots of work ahead, might as well chronicle it.

Build thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-general-home-theater-media-game-rooms/1630473-fam-glam-my-family-room-transformation.html#post26303057
joe221 and BDUB619 like this.

Last edited by ALtlOff; 08-05-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 358 Old 08-12-2014, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Selection for Aspect mode is set to Normal. The rest namely, Full and Zoom, are in grey shade and cannot be selected.
Any reason why the Aspect mode is fixed at Normal? How do you change Aspect mode?

Second, the settings from the Configuration menu (image, advanced RGBCMY)are in zero. Any suggestions of a good configuration? It's difficult to experiment the settings. Maybe someone could share a good configuration for movies.

Thanks in advance for any help.
post #333 of 358 Old 08-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I shared all my settings on page 11 of this thread. Of course depending on your room setup these may not work for you. Looks great in my dark basement.

Are you using HDMI input? If so, the aspect mode setting is not available.
post #334 of 358 Old 08-12-2014, 06:07 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaT View Post

Are you using HDMI input? If so, the aspect mode setting is not available.

Thanks for sharing the settings, already tried it.

I'm using HDMI as input, but the aspect mode is still fixed at Normal.
post #335 of 358 Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladecutter_ph View Post

I'm using HDMI as input, but the aspect mode is still fixed at Normal.
Epson's online manual for the projector describes that setting as:

"Sets the aspect ratio (width-to-height ratio) of the selected source; not available for HDMI sources".

It will be fixed at normal unless you use a different input.

Here's a link to the manual:

Epson 2000/2030 Manual
post #336 of 358 Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Guys, I am pondering getting this PJ and am interested in those who have used a grey surface with this it - have you obtained decent results? My own room is light controlled but not a bat cave and I think I might need to go grey screen to get a nice deeper PQ.

Been giving some thought to screen material too, in my view a vinyl/PVC type material would be best as the surface is super smooth (there is a company selling PVC grey screen material here in the UK).. thoughts?

Best,

Dan
post #337 of 358 Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHorse View Post
Guys, I am pondering getting this PJ and am interested in those who have used a grey surface with this it - have you obtained decent results? My own room is light controlled but not a bat cave and I think I might need to go grey screen to get a nice deeper PQ.

Been giving some thought to screen material too, in my view a vinyl/PVC type material would be best as the surface is super smooth (there is a company selling PVC grey screen material here in the UK).. thoughts?
I tested some samples from carada. The grey looks really good wih dark movies like starwars or the dark night. But skin tones seemed off to me on most other movies. If you watch alot of kid/family movies I don t think its right. I was ready to pull the trigger on grey srceen sfter seeing the dark night. But now im leaning towards classic cinema white. Contact some of the screen makers and request samples. Then you get to decide what you like best
post #338 of 358 Old 08-13-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostlyBurrito View Post
I tested some samples from carada. The grey looks really good wih dark movies like starwars or the dark night. But skin tones seemed off to me on most other movies. If you watch alot of kid/family movies I don t think its right. I was ready to pull the trigger on grey srceen sfter seeing the dark night. But now im leaning towards classic cinema white. Contact some of the screen makers and request samples. Then you get to decide what you like best
Yes that was my first thought when i used a grey screen early on with my HD65.. its a balancing act of compromises I guess.

Best,

Dan
post #339 of 358 Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostlyBurrito View Post
I tested grey when trying to pick out a screen. For me, the grey screen hurt the whites more than it helped the blacks.
post #340 of 358 Old 08-17-2014, 11:01 AM

http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...image-quality/

http://www.projectorreviews.com/opto...-image-quality

Almost finished with my home theatre room and ready to buy the projector . Why is the James Bond pictures so yellow compared to the optoma hd25
post #341 of 358 Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi
New user here as I've just bought the TW5200 which I believe is the same as the 2030

Set it up on Saturday after picking it up from the shop and just testing out on the blue grey wall I have, I must admit I am happy with the choice of PJ so far

It did have some keystone adjustment and with the wall, the image was a little soft but hoping to get the screen soon which should help with that plus a proper install.

One thing that I need to confirm... I noticed the fan seems extremely loud... Like those old PC case fan on high speed...with a slight whine... Even on eco mode it was still loud...is it because of it being new? So once it runs in, it would be better?

I used the TW550 (750) as a reference and found it was very quiet compare to my 2030. Even at more than 12' away I can still hear my PJ.

Another thing I noticed was the lamp hours didn't increase even after I watched 2-3 movies... Still at 0... Software error?

Thanks
post #342 of 358 Old 08-31-2014, 09:17 AM

When PJ is on stand by mode (when power is shut off), should the power light turn from blue to orange (or red)? My old PJ and other AV gadget turns orange (or red) when power is on standby mode.

Is this unique for 2030 or it's just my PJ power light issue?
post #343 of 358 Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
Hi
New user here as I've just bought the TW5200 which I believe is the same as the 2030

Set it up on Saturday after picking it up from the shop and just testing out on the blue grey wall I have, I must admit I am happy with the choice of PJ so far

It did have some keystone adjustment and with the wall, the image was a little soft but hoping to get the screen soon which should help with that plus a proper install.

One thing that I need to confirm... I noticed the fan seems extremely loud... Like those old PC case fan on high speed...with a slight whine... Even on eco mode it was still loud...is it because of it being new? So once it runs in, it would be better?

I used the TW550 (750) as a reference and found it was very quiet compare to my 2030. Even at more than 12' away I can still hear my PJ.

Another thing I noticed was the lamp hours didn't increase even after I watched 2-3 movies... Still at 0... Software error?

Thanks
All Epson projectors read 0 for the first 10 hours of bulb life. Nothing wrong.
post #344 of 358 Old 09-02-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladecutter_ph View Post
When PJ is on stand by mode (when power is shut off), should the power light turn from blue to orange (or red)? My old PJ and other AV gadget turns orange (or red) when power is on standby mode.

Is this unique for 2030 or it's just my PJ power light issue?
Mine remains blue as well? No problem, just the way it is.
post #345 of 358 Old 09-02-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Yes that was my first thought when i used a grey screen early on with my HD65.. its a balancing act of compromises I guess.

I am using Grey (Stewart Filmscreen Firehawk)and my only complaint is the skin color I have spent alot of time trying to get it just right. I do like the darker blaks it provides and I dont see any negative issues with whites. For me to be able to game on it with lights on (dimmed) and still have it very watchable was a big factor in that decision. All things considred I made the right choice for how I use it.

Not my pics but others on the web

https://www.google.com/images?q=stew...Q&ved=0CBQQsAQ
post #346 of 358 Old 09-04-2014, 11:40 PM

HI, i hope this thread doesnt get lost in the sea of threads.. Help, I bough this Epson powerlite home cinema 2030 projector and it worked perfect for the first two months and know its not working: Before I just turned it on, and in a few seconds the image appeared, know it takes about 3 o 5 minutes for something to appear. Before I had connected a blue ray via HDMI and it worked perfectly fine, and know it says no signal. The weard part is that the DVD player does work with the RCA cable. SO theres is two problems, i dont know if related but they both appeared at the same time: slow projecto, and no signal in HDMI.

Ive tried: 1) checking out the blue ray works and the HDMI cable works, they both work fine. 2) Resetting the projector settings 3) cleaning filter 4) searching for answers in internet, no forums, no answers, except this forum 5) the temperature or lamp light do not flash

Any ideas??? I miss my expensive projector

Thanks
Elisa
post #347 of 358 Old 09-05-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisanavarro View Post
HI, i hope this thread doesnt get lost in the sea of threads.. Help, I bough this Epson powerlite home cinema 2030 projector and it worked perfect for the first two months and know its not working: Before I just turned it on, and in a few seconds the image appeared, know it takes about 3 o 5 minutes for something to appear. Before I had connected a blue ray via HDMI and it worked perfectly fine, and know it says no signal. The weard part is that the DVD player does work with the RCA cable. SO theres is two problems, i dont know if related but they both appeared at the same time: slow projecto, and no signal in HDMI.

Ive tried: 1) checking out the blue ray works and the HDMI cable works, they both work fine. 2) Resetting the projector settings 3) cleaning filter 4) searching for answers in internet, no forums, no answers, except this forum 5) the temperature or lamp light do not flash

Any ideas??? I miss my expensive projector

Thanks
Elisa
You don't mention the length of your HDMI cable, plus you don't state whether you are running your connection through a audio/video receiver.

From the symptoms you state I would guess the problem lies with your HDMI cable. The fact that the cable works from your Blu-ray player to your HDTV(?) means nothing. Many HDMI cables can operate right at the edge of HDMI specifications but can begin to fail with time, the reason is not always clear.

The symptoms you mentioned are extra long times to establish handshake between source (Blu-ray player) and sink (Epson 2030).

And the fact that you are getting the 'no signal' available message.

If indeed it is the HDMI cable this is the easiest thing to remedy, swap it out with a new cable.

If this does not solve your issue then the problem lies somewhere else in the HDMI pathway between devices.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #348 of 358 Old 09-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Can anyone recommend a good ceiling mount for the 2030? It needs to have at least a 16" extension. This is my first projector,so the universal mounts make me nervous as far as not fitting the projector. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
post #349 of 358 Old 09-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
Can anyone recommend a good ceiling mount for the 2030? It needs to have at least a 16" extension. This is my first projector,so the universal mounts make me nervous as far as not fitting the projector. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
So far Im leaning towards a Peerless mount. A lot more expensive than the other mounts on Amazon I've seen, but seems more trustworthy.
post #350 of 358 Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
So far Im leaning towards a Peerless mount. A lot more expensive than the other mounts on Amazon I've seen, but seems more trustworthy.
I ended up using this from amazon and also a friend who used it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took few minutes for my buddy and I to figure it out (attaching to projector) but works great I needed the extension pole as well for my setup. Hard to comment on how long it took overall since we had alot of other basement related challenges. I wouldnt consider it super easy out of the box attach and go but certainly fits this model and worked for me.
post #351 of 358 Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagg21 View Post
I ended up using this from amazon and also a friend who used it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took few minutes for my buddy and I to figure it out (attaching to projector) but works great I needed the extension pole as well for my setup. Hard to comment on how long it took overall since we had alot of other basement related challenges. I wouldnt consider it super easy out of the box attach and go but certainly fits this model and worked for me.
I looked at that one, but ended up getting a Peerless mount on Amazon for $114. It's a lot more expensive but it's really nice from the videos on it I saw.
post #352 of 358 Old 09-10-2014, 06:46 AM

Well, I am bummed out... I was going to buy this, then double checked the throw distance calculator and realised my room is a foot too short for it.

Why are there no small form factor 1080hd LCD projectors with a more regular throw as well? looks like i will have to go DLP, which I do not like as it is not a relaxing image to me.

Best,

Dan
post #353 of 358 Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I used the Sanus universal mount vmpr1b. Seems sturdy and was easy to mount. The drop tube is a bit long, so I will cut and retread when I get my screen up. Looks pretty nice to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	256266  
post #354 of 358 Old 09-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Well, I am bummed out... I was going to buy this, then double checked the throw distance calculator and realised my room is a foot too short for it.

Why are there no small form factor 1080hd LCD projectors with a more regular throw as well? looks like i will have to go DLP, which I do not like as it is not a relaxing image to me.
Not sure if you already saw it, but a few threads down there's a quick write-up for the upcoming Epson 3000series that will likely thwamp the 2030's contrast while offering more flexible throw (and likely a shorter starting distance) starting around $1200 and likely falling a little lower after release.

Should be out soon-ish and sounds worth the wait if you don't like how even a 6X DLP looks.

Simple
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
post #355 of 358 Old 09-11-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
Not sure if you already saw it, but a few threads down there's a quick write-up for the upcoming Epson 3000series that will likely thwamp the 2030's contrast while offering more flexible throw (and likely a shorter starting distance) starting around $1200 and likely falling a little lower after release.

Should be out soon-ish and sounds worth the wait if you don't like how even a 6X DLP looks.
Thanks mate, another forum member mentioned those to me yesterday as well, I will just have to hold for those if the throw is able to be longer than 2030

Best,

Dan
post #356 of 358 Old 09-17-2014, 09:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

I got this Epson projector and have it connected to a gaming laptop (Core i7, 16 GB ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 675, 1.4 HDMI cable)
I have a minor problems with the refresh rates. Actually they are not "problems" i just dont really know how to set up the Epson with a computer.

2d
I wanted to get 24hz for more film like movies, but when is set the Epson's refresh rate to 24 hz the movies (1080p) becomes jigging. It plays well at first, but after 20 sec it starts jigging, then its okay again and do this all over again in the whole movie. So 20 sec smooth playback, then jittering, then smooth...
I have tried PowerDVD, Total Media, Media Player Classic, Windows Media player... but always got the same problem when i use 24hz.
Everything is perfect when i use 60hz... :S

Whats is the correct way to set that 24 hz in Windows?

3d
I watched some SBS 3d movies in 60hz Windows settings. It was "okay"...
When i set it to 24 hz i got that jittering effect again, but its more pleasant to watch in 24 hz. I dont know why, its just more better for my eyes...
Should i use 60hz or 24hz for 3d?

One more thing:
As far as i know this projector operates in 240 or 480 Hz in 3d.
Why i cant change my Windows refresh rate to these settings? The max i can go is just 60 hz.
Or is this a different refresh rate? I dont really get this...

Thanks your replies!
Zoltan

Check out my website:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #357 of 358 Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM

I'm shopping for glasses, how can I tell what's compatible with this projector? From what I understand there are two types of 3d RF glasses, how do I tell the difference between the two and know which ones will be compatible?

What are best low cost 3d glasses for this projector? Are the Samsung SSG-5100's good?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , 3lcd Projector 2200 Lumens

User Tag List