The Offical Epson 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread - Page 18 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
post #511 of 518 Old 05-11-2015, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure how many flavors of active glasses there are but I think, there are the older IR glasses, BT glasses and then the DLP link glasses. So RF is BT and you are still right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 518 Old 05-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndvizio View Post
Not sure how many flavors of active glasses there are but I think, there are the older IR glasses, BT glasses and then the DLP link glasses. So RF is BT and you are still right.
So them both the 5150s and the 4100s will work? What is the main difference besides them being "newer" ? Any dif in quality?
post #513 of 518 Old 05-11-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterg74 View Post
So them both the 5150s and the 4100s will work? What is the main difference besides them being "newer" ? Any dif in quality?
I don't know if there is a difference in quality. But the 5150 would be full sig standard compatible. And maybe a difference in coin cell battery type.
post #514 of 518 Old 05-12-2015, 03:07 PM

So I know the answer is probably "NO" as I see no mention of this in the manual, but for those that have it, can the USB port also play movies stored on a flash drive like most current TVs do, or is it limited just to pictures?
post #515 of 518 Old 05-13-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
So I know the answer is probably "NO" as I see no mention of this in the manual, but for those that have it, can the USB port also play movies stored on a flash drive like most current TVs do, or is it limited just to pictures?
Never tried that feature, but I suspect your suspicion is correct. OTOH, for the record, (not to mention legal reasons,) I don't have any movies stored on any flash drives. No really ... True story. (54)
post #516 of 518 Old 05-13-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post
Never tried that feature, but I suspect your suspicion is correct. OTOH, for the record, (not to mention legal reasons,) I don't have any movies stored on any flash drives. No really ... True story. (54)
Right, me neither...

Anywho, the projector arrived! yay.. Not the glasses... Boo...

Just did a very basic test to see if it was in working order and it was. However two things I noticed (keep in mind this is a refurb).

1) The test was from a laptop with hdmi output connected to it. Innotice that without touching anything, the image looks a bit too red... The one on the laptop screen looked a bit bluer/not somred and was brighter

2) whenI checked the info option, it showed the lamp had 11 hours of use... Isn't it supposed to be zero?? I mean, don't refurbs come with new lamps, or is the usage I see just part of the refurb/recert process?
post #517 of 518 Old 05-15-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
1) The test was from a laptop with hdmi output connected to it. Innotice that without touching anything, the image looks a bit too red... The one on the laptop screen looked a bit bluer/not somred and was brighter
I wouldn't worry *too* much about that. Laptops usually clock in at ~9500K(+) unless otherwise calibrated. To be honest, I don't remember what my 2030 measured OOB. (Edit: probably ~7500-7900K in "natural" mode, "cinema" mode was warmer and closer to d65.) This only points out the need for calibrations in general.

Quote:
2) whenI checked the info option, it showed the lamp had 11 hours of use... Isn't it supposed to be zero?? I mean, don't refurbs come with new lamps, or is the usage I see just part of the refurb/recert process?
Again ... would not worry, as long as you purchased from a reputable source (or direct from Epson.) The lamp counter doesn't count until you get to 10 hours. I suppose this becomes a new vs. refurb. warranty issue? (56)

Last edited by HDTVChallenged; 05-15-2015 at 08:00 AM.
post #518 of 518 Unread Today, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post
I wouldn't worry *too* much about that. Laptops usually clock in at ~9500K(+) unless otherwise calibrated. To be honest, I don't remember what my 2030 measured OOB. (Edit: probably ~7500-7900K in "natural" mode, "cinema" mode was warmer and closer to d65.) This only points out the need for calibrations in general.
For the record, in case anyone misread the meaning above: I highly recommend calibration. Out of the box, "Cinema" mode on the 2030 was ... meh ... passable in a pinch, but the CMS setup was a bit of a mess. Furthermore, in my experience, the best approach to calibrating the 2030/2000 is to start from "natural" mode since the CMS controls in "natural" mode are not preset (nor copied from an interweb post. )

The point I tried to make was simply that the discrepancy between the 2030 and the laptop color rendition is expected (without calibrating *both* devices,) and therefore does not indicate a issue with the 2030/2000. ... I did not mean to imply that calibration was "pointless." I humbly apologize for any "confusion" the previous post may have caused. ... As well as any confusion this post may cause. (58)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , 3lcd Projector 2200 Lumens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page