The Offical Epson 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt21484 View Post
I have the Epson 2030 & a Silver Ticket 106" grey screen. Here are two scenes from the Cinemax show, Strike Back via the Amazon Instant Video app on a Roku, going through a Denon x3100. I can't help but think the reds are overdone and need to be toned down, but can't figure out how. I think part of it is the way the show was recorded and edited, but It's similar in other Blu-Ray movies as well. Can anyone help point me to the right settings?
Are you running in Eco mode and the Cinema setting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
Are you running in Eco mode and the Cinema setting?
Eco mode with Auto Iris at High Speed and Color Mode is living room.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt21484 View Post
Eco mode with Auto Iris at High Speed and Color Mode is living room.
I'm using Cinema mode, and I would have thought that would give you more accurate colours out of the box in a light controlled room. Might be worth a try?
Old Today, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just like to update my previous issued with this model. I decided to give it yet one more try and received a 3rd replacement projector.

First projector sn: TY6K5300059 = even brightness, green cast in the shades even after calibrating. Overall acceptable except top right corner not reaching focus.
Second projector: TY6K5300058 = Significantly brighter on the left side, green color cast in shades completely gone, the same corner still out of focus (worse in fact, focus point about 1 meter closer to projector then the rest), as well as other parts of the picture being slightly blurry (none-focusable, unsure of an issue with the optics or LCDs).
Third projector: TY6K5600229 = Even brightness again, slight green color cast is back, blurry parts of the picture nearly completely gone, all 4 corners and center reach focus more or less perfect.

I don't know how to conclude this, but it appears the quality is more or less random. Makes me wonder if Epson actually performs a test on the projectors at all after assembly before packing and shipping them to dealers.
I hope they improve their quality control in the future, cause it's taken me 2 months; 1 week; 2 days to get a working product.

Well either way, finally a good projector i can enjoy using, yeey!

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , 3lcd Projector 2200 Lumens