The Offical Epson 2030 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 625 Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by denti alligator View Post
OK, thanks! But to get two in row that are bad like this does not bode well...

But that I'm apparently the first (?) to note this problem in this thread, on the other hand, does bode well... or has no one noted it because no one watches b&w films?
While it is not the same, it should be similar. I took these of a poor quality movie using a HC2000 over a year ago for a guy who wanted to show black and white movies at his restaurant. Now this projector was purchased in 2013 and I have a 2015 and haven't noticed anything different with it while watching old science fiction movies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackandwhite1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1167618   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackandwhite2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1167626  

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...eap-build.html
Epson HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 13 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.3; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 2 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 4 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
steve1106 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 625 Old 01-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicbarry View Post
Overall, very, very impressed. I just need to start enjoying it now and will do some calibration over the weekend or so. A few screenshots below (taken with an iPhone 6)
Have you done any calibration on the 2040? Did you increast the quality of the picture by that? As a newbie I would love if you could share all your settings if you want to after your calibration. Send me a PM if you please!

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Last edited by westbergjoakim; 01-06-2016 at 04:15 PM.
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #603 of 625 Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Member
 
denti alligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Third unit was better and worse. Better: the reddish spot in the center is less pronounced. Worse: there are extra reddish spots on the right edge of the image.

Epson is overnighting me a new one. Good service. Fingers crossed!
denti alligator is offline  
 
post #604 of 625 Old 01-08-2016, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,899
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by denti alligator View Post
Third unit was better and worse. Better: the reddish spot in the center is less pronounced. Worse: there are extra reddish spots on the right edge of the image.

Epson is overnighting me a new one. Good service. Fingers crossed!
It's definitely dust in the optical path.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #605 of 625 Old 01-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Member
 
denti alligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
It's definitely dust in the optical path.
They diagnosed it as "mechanical." Whatever. As long as I get one that looks good.
denti alligator is offline  
post #606 of 625 Old 01-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Member
 
denti alligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by denti alligator View Post
They diagnosed it as "mechanical." Whatever. As long as I get one that looks good.
Got my replacement unit from Epson. Same problem, but of course the reddish part has shifted, again. They're sending me yet another one, after which they'll do a "code 52," which means they check the unit before sending it out.

At the least the customer service has been stellar. I just hope one of these units comes to me with uniform whites.
denti alligator is offline  
post #607 of 625 Old 01-11-2016, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,899
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by denti alligator View Post
Got my replacement unit from Epson. Same problem, but of course the reddish part has shifted, again. They're sending me yet another one, after which they'll do a "code 52," which means they check the unit before sending it out.

At the least the customer service has been stellar. I just hope one of these units comes to me with uniform whites.
I suppose the problem is that I think all of these units will develop problems of this nature eventually. Timing may depend on if your circumstances (like watching b/q movies) result in easy/early detection. I mean why else would there be so many refurbished units with the issue in circulation? The optics aren't sealed.

Don't get me wrong. I think these are decent projectors for the price with a great warranty. But eventually we all may have to pick our poison and decide what we can live with.
perpetual98 likes this.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #608 of 625 Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Member
 
bryan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone know if there is a service manual available? The hdmi inputs on mine are no longer working. Anybody else have this issue?
bryan35 is offline  
post #609 of 625 Old 01-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Dodgedriver67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan35 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a service manual available? The hdmi inputs on mine are no longer working. Anybody else have this issue?
The HDMI on mine quit after about 18 months. Guy at Epson said it was the HDMI board. It was still under warranty so they sent me another projector.
Dodgedriver67 is offline  
post #610 of 625 Old 01-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Member
 
bryan35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks. I'm not sure how old mine is and don't have the receipt(gift). Maybe ill try calling.
bryan35 is offline  
post #611 of 625 Old 01-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Member
 
denti alligator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wanted to follow up on my problem of seeing reddish tint on b&w films.

After the second replacement from Epson (this is after two replacements from Crutchfield, so the fifth unit overall!) they asked me for a picture of the problem and a ton of details about my set-up. I finally spoke to them again today. First off, they have been EXTREMELY helpful and understanding. Very happy with customer service. What I was told was that this is something that every unit will do. It isn't dust. It isn't a mechanical flaw. It's simply that it's not a high-enough end unit, so these kind of discolorations will be visible to some (like me). I would have to upgrade to a higher-end unit to not see it.

However, they said it can vary from unit to unit in terms of how noticeable it is. This I can confirm. The last unit I received is the best, so far. I'm willing to live with it. But they've agreed to send me one more, and to test it ahead of time to try and find one that doesn't show the problem very prominently.

There you have it.
denti alligator is offline  
post #612 of 625 Old 02-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Member
 
Xplic1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Were you sure the ones they sent you were brand new ? And they still had the problem out of the box ?

5 projectors is a lot to go through ...
Xplic1T is offline  
post #613 of 625 Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys. Newbie here. I just picked up an Epson 2030 and although it's not a model currently in the title of this thread, I see it's one of the more active ones and I was hoping someone can shed some light into my query. I did some research on third-party 3D Glasses and based on opinions here and on Amazon I found that the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU was a good alternative. I picked up three of them but after syncing up with my projector I found some ghosting (like it felt like the movie had low fps..I was watching a Blu-Ray). I subsequently go the Samsung 5150s but also the same situation. Is there a way to fix this and does anyone else experience this? I am assuming the 2030 uses the same 3D technology as the 3000-series. Many thanks.
projectmoonlightcafe is offline  
post #614 of 625 Old 04-01-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pittsoccer33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,093
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 426
I have a 2013 Samsung F8500 plasma tv and the glasses it came with worked with my Epson 2030.

My basement media room and bar
Epson 2030, Onkyo TX-NR626, and Kodi based system

Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
pittsoccer33 is offline  
post #615 of 625 Old 04-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33 View Post
I have a 2013 Samsung F8500 plasma tv and the glasses it came with worked with my Epson 2030.
I wonder whether a "high speed" HDMI cable will help as suggested on the box. I just grabbed any old one I had lying around, although I've never had a problem with it on my PS3.
projectmoonlightcafe is offline  
post #616 of 625 Old 04-14-2016, 06:30 AM
Member
 
little pebble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Hey guys. Newbie here. I just picked up an Epson 2030 and although it's not a model currently in the title of this thread, I see it's one of the more active ones and I was hoping someone can shed some light into my query. I did some research on third-party 3D Glasses and based on opinions here and on Amazon I found that the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU was a good alternative. I picked up three of them but after syncing up with my projector I found some ghosting (like it felt like the movie had low fps..I was watching a Blu-Ray). I subsequently go the Samsung 5150s but also the same situation. Is there a way to fix this and does anyone else experience this? I am assuming the 2030 uses the same 3D technology as the 3000-series. Many thanks.
does this help?? like 3d i guess

NO LAG TIME

Switching to ‘fast mode’ means that fast-paced football games or online multiplayer video games are projected smoothly and accurately. With no lag time, the action is projected without delay – important for tournaments or matches that need split-second reaction times.
little pebble is offline  
post #617 of 625 Old 04-22-2016, 12:00 AM
Newbie
 
bladecutter_ph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My projector image turns green everytime I play downloaded movies in 3D Half Out (Top/Bottom) Format. There's still sound coming out, but screen freezes and turns green. This is same with other 3D Half Out Format, while the 3D Half SBS format plays smoothly. I'm using AC Ryan HD3 media player. I researched and learned it could be some bad files as a result of downloading. But all the 3D Half SBS and other 3D bluray movies works good.


Has anyone encountered same problem when playing 3D Half Ou format?


Appreciate reply. Thanks.
bladecutter_ph is offline  
post #618 of 625 Old 05-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Newbie
 
bladecutter_ph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone who could help me out in my previous posted message re: 3D Half Ou Format?
bladecutter_ph is offline  
post #619 of 625 Old 06-09-2016, 04:58 AM
Member
 
3dmaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought the Epson 2030 since I am moving a bit these days and needed something portable. I must say that I love it, the picture is phenomenal for the price (less than $500), and is pretty good compared to even higher end projectors. It is super bright as well. The problem I am having is that I bought the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses to use for 3D, but I can't seem to get them to pair with the projector. I load up a 3D source to play on the projector and the projector definitely displays the customary "blurry" image that I am used to seeing with 3D films. But when I turn on the glasses right next to the projector, they just blink red and green for about a minute, fail to pair up with the projector, then turn off. I have four pairs of glasses total and none have paired with the projector.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there perhaps be some interference? I have only used IR and passive glasses before, so this is my first time with RF.
3dmaven is offline  
post #620 of 625 Old 06-09-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
joe221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dmaven View Post
I just bought the Epson 2030 since I am moving a bit these days and needed something portable. I must say that I love it, the picture is phenomenal for the price (less than $500), and is pretty good compared to even higher end projectors. It is super bright as well. The problem I am having is that I bought the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses to use for 3D, but I can't seem to get them to pair with the projector. I load up a 3D source to play on the projector and the projector definitely displays the customary "blurry" image that I am used to seeing with 3D films. But when I turn on the glasses right next to the projector, they just blink red and green for about a minute, fail to pair up with the projector, then turn off. I have four pairs of glasses total and none have paired with the projector.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there perhaps be some interference? I have only used IR and passive glasses before, so this is my first time with RF.
The Samsung 5150 or their current equivalent model work like a charm. I'm not sure about the Panasonic glasses. They used to be cheap (under $20) but there may be newer more expensive versions. If they have folding arms that would be worth more $$.

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
joe221 is offline  
post #621 of 625 Old 06-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Member
 
2ndvizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dmaven View Post
I just bought the Epson 2030 since I am moving a bit these days and needed something portable. I must say that I love it, the picture is phenomenal for the price (less than $500), and is pretty good compared to even higher end projectors. It is super bright as well. The problem I am having is that I bought the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses to use for 3D, but I can't seem to get them to pair with the projector. I load up a 3D source to play on the projector and the projector definitely displays the customary "blurry" image that I am used to seeing with 3D films. But when I turn on the glasses right next to the projector, they just blink red and green for about a minute, fail to pair up with the projector, then turn off. I have four pairs of glasses total and none have paired with the projector.

Am I doing something wrong, or could there perhaps be some interference? I have only used IR and passive glasses before, so this is my first time with RF.
I use the same 3D glasses with Epson 2000 so should definitely work the 2030. Seems like you are doing everything right though. Don't remember if it is definitely necessary or not but the 3D movie may need to be playing when trying to pair.
2ndvizio is offline  
post #622 of 625 Old 08-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just did what i thought would be an upgrade yesterday from the 2030, and bought a 3020 due to my 2030 having an out-of focus area and started getting more and more red towards the lower half of the picture.

2D was great, but as soon as i put on 3D, it was horrible compared to the 2030 in fast moving scenes. Not quite like flickering, but like it's skipping multiple of the frames causing it to have a very un-soft motion and giving me a headache. So unfortunately this one will be returned.

I was reading up on the TW5300/2040, and was wondering if this is really an upgrade from the 2030? Reviews seems to actually give it a lower 2D and 3D score then the 2030, and it's more expencive.

Then, there's also a model, TW-5210, which i haven't found the US model for yet. It costs the same as the 2030 did, but appears to have slightly better specs. Although, this also appears to get lower scores in both 2D and 3D.

I'm a bit confused now, is it really so that the 2030 is better at both 2D and 3D then the 2040 and the TW5210?
Jan-Erik is offline  
post #623 of 625 Old 08-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got an Epson Powerlite HC 2030 of all places Kijiji and got ripped off. Got it home and of course wouldn't come on. I looked for the bulk no bulb. Ordered a bulb put the new bulb in came on which was nice to see. Black Screen.
So took it a part and all the F***ing ribbon cables going to the LCD panels before the prism are ripped off. Like WTF.
My Question is where do I get new LCD panels or whole light engine from? Or what are the part numbers of the green, red and blue LCD panels?
Jaiter is offline  
post #624 of 625 Old 08-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
jasonsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiter View Post
I got an Epson Powerlite HC 2030 of all places Kijiji and got ripped off. Got it home and of course wouldn't come on. I looked for the bulk no bulb. Ordered a bulb put the new bulb in came on which was nice to see. Black Screen.
So took it a part and all the F***ing ribbon cables going to the LCD panels before the prism are ripped off. Like WTF.
My Question is where do I get new LCD panels or whole light engine from? Or what are the part numbers of the green, red and blue LCD panels?
You will probably have better luck contacting Epson.
jasonsong is offline  
post #625 of 625 Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Newbie
 
Stokestack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone updated the firmware on the 2030?

Hi all.

The update procedure doesn't work for me. I have the update (EPSONPJ_b3106.bin) on a FAT-formatted, otherwise-blank thumbdrive. I unplug the projector, plug the drive in, plug the projector back in while holding the power button.

The trio of indicators then starts flashing in unison. On releasing the power button, only the power button continues glowing as usual. Nothing else happens.

Pretty annoyed. Epson suggested trying the update in response to my report of massive image corruption on all inputs, even with nothing hooked up. Screen shot attached.

Thanks for any insight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EpsonProjector.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	1648985  
Stokestack is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , 3lcd Projector 2200 Lumens

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off