Dust covers for ceiling mounted projectors? - AVS Forum
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > Dust covers for ceiling mounted projectors?
Project H's Avatar Project H 10:55 AM 09-03-2013
Does anyone know where I can find one? I won't be using my projector on a regular basis and wanted to prolong the life of the projector and maintenance with the filter and avoid dust blobs on my 8350. Is there a dust cover that I purchase for my projector that has a slit for where the ceiling mount is?

I also need to sand some drywall patches when the wires for fished through so this is also why it's important for me.

thanks!

Project H's Avatar Project H 01:37 PM 09-03-2013
The only one i found is by visual apex

anyone else know of any or use this one before?

http://www.visualapex.com/accessories/accessory_details.asp?chPartNumber=DUST_COVER&MFR=VisualApex&Type=Misc
Bohanna's Avatar Bohanna 06:19 PM 09-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project H View Post

Does anyone know where I can find one? I won't be using my projector on a regular basis and wanted to prolong the life of the projector and maintenance with the filter and avoid dust blobs on my 8350. Is there a dust cover that I purchase for my projector that has a slit for where the ceiling mount is?

I also need to sand some drywall patches when the wires for fished through so this is also why it's important for me.

thanks!

#1- you can cover the projector with a glad bag while you sand the drywall.

#2 Clean the filter every 30 or so hours and you should never have a dust blob problem. Depending on the projector If you can place an auto air filter over the air intake it will be even better. You can put the filter on with Velcro. You can get the filters at your local wally mart in the auto section. There are many sizes to choose from. - Bohanna
Project H's Avatar Project H 06:29 PM 09-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

#1- you can cover the projector with a glad bag while you sand the drywall.

#2 Clean the filter every 30 or so hours and you should never have a dust blob problem. Depending on the projector If you can place an auto air filter over the air intake it will be even better. You can put the filter on with Velcro. You can get the filters at your local wally mart in the auto section. There are many sizes to choose from. - Bohanna

i have an epson 8350... not sure how i would use an auto air filter intake filter. cosmetically it would look odd and doesnt the projector have a filter on it itself that i can just clean?

also, does anyone put a lens cover on their projectors? i'm not doing this as it will change the zoom/focus whenever i take it on/off.
bigbadbob's Avatar bigbadbob 02:32 PM 02-27-2014
Forgive my ignorance but wont the projector overheat with a dust cover?
Just curious as I am considering an Epson 5030.

How about lens covers?
RG
bluer101's Avatar bluer101 04:57 PM 02-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post

Forgive my ignorance but wont the projector overheat with a dust cover?
Just curious as I am considering an Epson 5030.

How about lens covers?
RG

The dust cover is for when not in use.
Project H's Avatar Project H 02:12 PM 04-22-2014
back to the top.. just wanted to get some updated feedback on this. my projector has been sitting idle for the last few months. does anyone recommend a dust cover? i dont use the lens cover as im worried it will change the focus/zoom.
Tags: Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
Up
Mobile  Desktop