Benq W1070 - HDMI issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased the W1070 and I can't play any devices through the HDMI connections.

*I tried a blu-ray player and got video, but I couldn't get sound.

*I tried another blu-ray player I had and I couldn't get a picture or sound, but the projector showed that it detected a source.

*Last, I tried Apple TV and I got a picture with sound, but when I went to play any video I got an "HDCP error".

I tried multiple HDMI cables that I had with no luck. I am wondering if there is a setting I need to adjust between the devices to get the HDMI to work properly. I was hoping someone on these forums might have some insight as to what the problem could be.

I am going to go buy a new high speed HDMI cable tonight to see if that will help with these issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-03-2013, 06:29 PM

Liked: 13
That's gotta be a cable problem right? If your getting hdcp errors I'm saying its the cable. Try a short 3ft one. Or there is something wrong with the projector. Are you running it through a splitter? That could do it.
Also. Make sure you restart everything. Pull the plug for a minute just for fun. Including the projector. Hopefully do that one just once. Is everything grounded properly?

If your buying a new projector, buy more lumens than you will use. Running it in "Eco Mode" makes your bulb last 20-40% longer and reduces noise and heat.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've posted this before. The HDMI connectors are a problem. I trimmed about a millimeter of the plastic from the connector so that there is a small space between the plastic of the connector and the projector body when its fully seated. This fix has worked for several others. I just used a box cutter knife.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFM2 View Post

I've posted this before. The HDMI connectors are a problem. I trimmed about a millimeter of the plastic from the connector so that there is a small space between the plastic of the connector and the projector body when its fully seated. This fix has worked for several others. I just used a box cutter knife.

The Monoprice port savers also work.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I bought a high speed slim HDMI and that did the trick. The connectors were slimmer as well so maybe they seated a better connection. I will try and trim down one of my other cable connectors and see if that was the original problem.

Either way thanks for the replies!
post #6 of 7 Old 09-04-2013, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I bought a Benq from Costco at what I thought was an excellent deal ($899 for the projector and two pairs of Benq 3D glasses) but returned it utterly frustrated after experienced flaky HDMI connections. I think I gave up too soon though by having been turned off by this QC issue.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by badshah2000 View Post

I bought a Benq from Costco at what I thought was an excellent deal ($899 for the projector and two pairs of Benq 3D glasses) but returned it utterly frustrated after experienced flaky HDMI connections. I think I gave up too soon though by having been turned off by this QC issue.

Obviously you did not read the Benq W1070 thread before returning the projector. This problem and the solutions have been discussed a number of times there. Pity it is a great projector.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread