What, if any, is the offset with the Epson 2030? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the Epson 2030, but I can't find any information on what the offset would be if mounting it upside down. My ceiling is 7 feet high and the 2030 would be mounted behind a soffit, so it has to sit down 8 inches from the cieling in order to clear it. I want to know if I clear the soffit if the image will be near the level of the lens or not, which means the top of the image would be around 8 inches from the ceiling. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the Epson 2030, but I can't find any information on what the offset would be if mounting it upside down. My ceiling is 7 feet high and the 2030 would be mounted behind a soffit, so it has to sit down 8 inches from the cieling in order to clear it. I want to know if I clear the soffit if the image will be near the level of the lens or not, which means the top of the image would be around 8 inches from the ceiling. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

You will get a better response if you post in the official Epson 2030 thread.

Here is what Projector Central had to say:

Quote:
The 2030 has an unusual throw angle for a home video projector--the projected image is 92% above and 8% below the lens' centerline. On a 100" diagonal image, that would put 4" of the image below the centerline of the lens. If you place the image on a standard height coffee table, the bottom edge of the projected image would appear only 12" to 14" above the floor. This may be too close to the floor for ideal viewing, especially if you are sitting behind the projector.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epson_home_cinema_2030_projector_review.htm?page=Limitations

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I am surprised that info is not in the installation section of the owner guide.... did you check there?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

Here is the link for the 2030 user manual
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=237555&prodoid=63097253&infoType=Doc
It seems to show zero offset from the picture under ProctorPlacement/Projection Distance

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector