Seeking advice on Projector replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am replacing my original home theater projector , a sanyo plv-z3 that I have had for many years. I expect that the technology has improved greatly over the years. I want to get a significant upgrade and include 3D but am wondering how much money one has to spend to get something significantly better than my old sanyo. The only complaint I had with the Z3 was the low light output that I was never happy with. I have a light controlled room but the kids like to have some lights on for watching TV so I really need better light output.

I am mainly considering the benq w1070, w1500 from reviews I have read but also looking at the Epson ub 5020, or panasonic ae8000 but those are really more than I want to spend.

I will be ordering over the internet so I can't see any of these in person. Are the $1000 projectors of today going to be that much better than the old gear or will I need to get into the $2-3K to get the " wow now that is a major upgrade " impact ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
“Are the $1000 projectors of today going to be that much better than the old gear?”
Yes. For example the Epson HC2030 ($999) will give you higher resolution (1080p), Higher contrast (15,000:1) and more than double the brightness (2000 ansi). There are a number of PJs in that range that will be a significant improvement.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Benq W1500 1080p Hd Wireless Dlp Home Theater Projector Silver , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page