Looking for replacement lamp... any body use ApexLamps.com? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everybody, I'm looking for a replacement lamp for my Panasonic AR100U. I would usually buy from B&H (which is where I bought the projector). They have the lamp priced at $330.99 (after you add it to your cart), which is the best price out of the main projector sellers I could find....but it's out of stock. Everywhere else (projectorpeople.com, etc.) it's priced at $379.

So I stumbled on ApexLamps.com and the lamp is $259. I realize there are many knock off companies and I absolutely do not want a knock off. However this company claims they are genuine, and have the correct part # listed. Anyway, thought I'd ask if anybody has used this company, or what you would suggest as a trust worthy site to buy from. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Check out http://www.resellerratings.com/store/APEXLamps
Doesn't look good.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Being the IT for my company, we have many projectors and we use apexlamps.com A LOT. So far, all the lamps I've ordered from them are reasonably priced and all came with Philips/Osram bulbs as they claimed and the performance is equal to the OEM lamp that came with the projector.

I'm not sure why the resellerratings.com has many bad reviews for this website but I see that they have 4.6 stars here.. https://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=apexlamps.com&hl=en&sa=X&ei=57GrUum9IczOkwW-v4HgBQ&ved=0CDQQwQY

Not sure how trust worthy resellerratings.com's ratings for this website is, might be a marketing scheme because merchants needs to pay a monthly fee in order to resolve issues there.

Also, they are pretty good with their warranty, not that many companies out there offers 180 days on their lamp.

Well anyways, I hope it's not too late for you to give them a try, I have no complains from my 20+ purchases from them so far.

post #4 of 4 Old 12-14-2013, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I too have heard bad news from people buying from ApexLamps in the past.

As for ITguy's response below, look at the fact that he just joined yesterday, with this being his first post. No offense, ITguy, but it looks suspiciously like you work for, or are a marketing company for, ApexLamps. Hope that's not case.

Some odd things as far as reviews go... Yes resellerratings only has 13 reviews, and ITGuy's link to the PriceGrabber has 100+, but there have been 1.5 pages of new PriceGrabber reviews in the past 3 months. Kinda odd, given that it took them 3 more months, just to fill the bottom of the second page of reviews.

Let me say this, if saving $72 versus buying from your own personal trusted source to buy from Apex, and potentially having to purchase a new bulb again in 6-12 months after the warranty has run out is worth it now, by all means, go for it.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page