The Offical Epson 2000 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Thread, $899 MSRP - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 88 Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Little brother of the Epson 2030 for $100 less.

$899 MSRP, $799 street

Full HD 1080p 2D/3D Adventures at a Remarkable Value

Enjoy Full HD 1080p cinematic adventures virtually anywhere in 2D or 3D with the Home Cinema 2000. Images are always rich and brilliant with 1800 lumens of color brightness1 and 1800 lumens of white brightness1. Enjoy a blockbuster film with images up to 300" on virtually any wall or screen. Use the built-in sound or your own speakers. Setup is easy. The Home Cinema 2000 comes with two HDMI ports. And, MHL connectivity turns your projector into a smart display, providing instant access to movies, videos and games from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets.2

Up to 3x Brighter Colors with Epson*
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness. Epson 3LCD projectors have up to 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors.* Delivering 1800 lumens of color brightness1 and 1800 lumens of white brightness1, the PowerLite Home Cinema 2000 uses 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with true-to-life color.

Model: V11H562020
Projection System: 3LCD, 3-chip technology
Native Resolution: 1080p (1920 x 1080)
Color Brightness: 1800 lumens
White Brightness: 1800 lumens

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=V11H562020

Available for order on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-V11H562020-PowerLite-Cinema-Projector/dp/B00EU9V3VW/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

In stock at Amazon now, and Get a Free Roku LT Streaming Media Player with Purchase
post #3 of 88 Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

In stock now directly from Epson. 200 lumens less than Epson 2030 and $100 cheaper.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=V11H562020
post #4 of 88 Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

One review from Amazon buyer:

By J. Tant (Under the cultural penumbra of Washington DC)

I'm not really a technophile, so if you want an opinion comparing arcane specs...I'm not your guy. But I do know what works, and this projector works pretty darned well.

I wanted something to use for outdoor movie night at my house, and this fits the bill quite nicely. It's light and compact enough that you don't feel like you're lugging around a movie theater projector, but it's powerful enough to make watching movies a joy. Full HD support (that's 1080p) and native widescreen format makes setup a breeze. There are a good variety of input ports - for example, my setup uses an AppleTV box plugged into an HDMI port. I can also use a portable DVD player in the component ports. Lots of flexibility. The power cord in particular is quite long, to allow for many setup options. The unit does seem to heat up pretty quickly (given the lamp brightness, no surprise) but the fan is pretty quiet and won't drown out the sound.

Picture quality is outstanding - 1800 lumens seems to give enough brightness in a normally lit room where colors don't seem washed out. In fact, after hooking this to my computer and running a PowerPoint presentation through it, 1800 lumens might actually be a little too bright. So I'd say for movies, 1800 is just right, for static images, dial down the brightness a bit.

Sound is acceptable through the unit, though I really suggest hooking up an alternate sound system. You don't get a lot of good low range through the built in speakers (that's not a knock against the unit, btw, but an engineering limitation...all things considered there is decent built-in sound), and it's a shame to have this giant, gorgeous, HD picture without commensurate sound quality. You do have the choice of RCA inputs or a 3.5 mm mini cable, which should give you compatibility with a wide range of receivers. I did notice with my setup that when I had my video/audio running through HDMI I got an echoing effect as the sound went through both HDMI and the external audio receiver - I fixed it by setting the projector's volume to zero. Not sure if this is user error or a problem with the unit itself, but since it was so easily fixed I'm not worried about it at all.

There is a remote as well, and yes it does work from either in front of or behind the unit (no joke, I've seen projectors where you could only use the remote from the front of it...). Batteries for the remote are included, so yay Epson.

Quite frankly, I think you get a lot in this projector. Obviously some of your picture quality is screen-dependent, so if you have a decent screen (or a really white wall) you'll be able to get the maximum utility out of this unit.
post #5 of 88 Old 10-05-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another review from Amazon buyer:

By B. Holmes

Home theater projectors have come a long way and this model is leading the pack. The big names in projectors are Epson, BenQ and Optoma. You can make an argument for Sony, Panny and Acer but the former are usually the top rated. A very popular review site is projectorcentral dot com and the model Epson model 2030 is the top rated model. This is identical except the light output, which you can argue is not necessary after a certain point. In fact, the presets like living room and cimema adjust the light down, like to 1600 and 1400 lumens respectively.

A few things that need to be considered with projectors that you don't necessarily need to with other big screen options. The surface which you project is just as important as the projector. There are a lot of opinions on this, from screens, to screen paints, to bed sheets and lastly what I used, cheap-o flat white paint.

I set it up on a stand and projected on a flat white fall, about 15 foot wide, completely dark, connected a PS3 playing Iron Man 3 with an HDMI cable. The picture was...stunning, much, much better than what I expected. My fiance walked in and saw it and the very first word was 'wow'. The colors are brilliant with great saturation. I would rate the picture much better than the Sharp 80" LED HDTVs. Not quite plasma or Samsung LED quality but very, very satisfying given it was 15 feet wide and I could stretch it another 8 feet if I wanted to.

The black levels were the thing you notice the most, or at least I did. My fiance couldn't figure out what I was talking about even after I pointed it out so it was that minor. The black levels are similar to the early versions of Panny plasmas, decent but not deep black like they are now.

The fan was noisy at first but got quieter, while viewing we didn't even notice it. The fan speed, thus noise, scales with the lumens so if you put it in cinema mode, 1400 lumens, it gets rather quiet. The heat output is enough to cook an egg but it's the same on all projectors.

The big thing with projectors are the bulbs and replacement costs. The Home Cinema line use a new bulb that lasts 5000-6000 hours. Do the math, it's a lot AND cost of bulbs dropped from $300 of my friends to $100 for this model (on a popular bidding website).

Also keep in mind with projectors, since you are blowing up a set number of pixels to astronomical sizes, source quality is important. I was amazed with picture blue-ray but switching to netflix or normal DVD, viewing experience suffers but I personally don't care for home theater if the sit-coms don't have the resolution.

Popped in some PS3 games and it's an entirely new experience when guys in the game are life sized! It completely gives you the immersed feeling.

All in all, it's a spectacular projector and easily recommend it to anyone thinking of a home theater or large screen video gaming. Both from the perspective of using a projector over a big screen plasma/LED and comparing it to other HD 1080p projectors.

Lastly it does do 3D but you need to buy the active (radio) glasses separately and of course a 3D source which I refuse to get, up to this point. 3D at 15 feet is different than 3D at 55".
post #6 of 88 Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

3rd Amazon review:

By P. Colin McGraw "AV, Computer & EnviroTech Nut"

In addition to this projector, I own a 3M Streaming Projector and a BenQ W7000 Cinema Quality Home Projector, so I have a decent frame of reference for writing this review.

The PowerLite Home Cinema 2000 falls somewhere between those two. It's definitely a lot more powerful and fuller featured than a pico projector like the 3M, but less bright with less contrast than the BenQ W7000.

Basically, the PowerLite Home Cinema 2000 is good enough to use in a budget-conscious home theater setting if you choose, but it's compact enough, light enough and easy enough to adjust that it can easily be used for presentations while traveling or for the best backyard movie watching experiences you can imagine. There are easy to adjust legs on the front and back of the projector to help aim, and keystone controls right on the projector itself to make it easy to keep the image nice and square.

The brightness is enough that you can see the movie decently with the lights on so don't fear if you don't have a completely light-controlled room to project in.

For that matter, you don't need a big room, either! The throw distance is ridiculously good on this thing. I sat the Cinema 2000 on a tray in front of my recliner and it was able to fill the better part of a 109" projection screen from only about 10' away (which is better than the BenQ!).

Also, for those curious, the 3D is great! I bought a pair of cheap Okeba Ultralight RF glasses to try out the capabilities and, let me tell you, watching Life of Pi, Hugo, and Titanic in 3D on a 100" screen will make your JAW DROP!

With the portability and 3D capabilities, I'm a little tempted to project a 3D movie on the back of my house on some warm evening!

The only thing I didn't like about the projector was how hot it got. The bottom heats up enough that you'll want to let it cool off before handling it (which isn't uncommon for such projectors, but worth mentioning nevertheless).

Overall this is an excellent value, and an easy choice for those wanting to enter into 1080p and/or 3D image on a large scale! At the price point, you could get a 100"+ image for about the price of a 60" TV!
post #7 of 88 Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

4th Amazon review:

By Juniorverse1

This projector is a huge step up from my five year old 47" LCD TV. TV and movies at 8 feet wide in 1080p are amazing. It is easy to get a great image out of this unit after making some quick adjustments to the angle, focus, and height controls.

There are two HDMI inputs, which is good if you are not using this projector through an A/V receiver or if you will be making temporary connections to it with your smartphone or tablet. The built-in speaker is convenient and adequate, but unless you are using this as a portable unit you will probably want to use home theater speakers. There is also a PC RGB input and RCA audio/video inputs. There is a USB port that you can use to attach a USB drive to that contains images and then you can view them as a slideshow using the remote. You can navigate through folders to choose the images to display using the on-screen menus and previews.

The fan noise is noticeable but not bothersome when you are a few feet away. You can unplug the projector right after you turn it off; you do not need to let the fan run for a cool-down period. The remote works by pointing it at the screen or at the front or back of the projector.

There are multiple projection settings. "Front" for projecting from in front of the screen. "Front/Ceiling" for projecting from a ceiling or wall mount. "Rear" for projecting from behind a translucent screen. "Rear/Ceiling" for projecting from a ceiling behind a translucent screen.

There are also multiple color modes for optimizing the images based on the environment. "Dynamic" for bright rooms. "Living Room" for rooms with closed curtains. "Cinema" for movies in a dark room. "Natural" for general projecting in a dark room. 3D modes are "Dynamic" for bright rooms and "Cinema" for dark rooms. These settings really do help, so make sure you adjust it to your liking.

If you are thinking about getting a new TV, consider this projector as an alternative. It is a great way to experience TV, movies, and games in a whole new way.
post #8 of 88 Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

5th Amazon review:

By S. Jacobs "eyegor" (Northern Virginia)

I've wanted a projector for years, but they never seemed to have the features I wanted at a price I was willing to pay.

When I saw the Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2000 projector, I got it right away. It has great picture quality, supports 2D and 3D at full 1080P and is extremely easy to set up.

Although the remote is a bit different than what I'm used to, it's very easy to control once you spend a few minutes playing with it. Although you can hear the cooling fans running, it's far quieter than many of the projectors I've used in the past. Color quality is very good and looks spectacular on a screen but is adequate on a painted white wall.

The projector has the usual focus and zoom functions and allows you to correct for projecting at an off-center angle to the screen. That feature made it very simple to set up since I didn't want to permanently install it in my viewing area.

Since this projector has a MHL capability, I found a HDMI adapter for my iPad 3 here on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H7UAIK) and had no problems getting a decent quality picture using Netflix as a source. It's not the same as a Blu-Ray, but it's still quite good overall.

I'm very pleased with this unit and a couple of my neighbors are considering one after seeing mine.
post #9 of 88 Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

6th Amazon review:

By Kiran K. Moturi "coolcub" (USA)

My need was to watch movies on a big screen with some decent audio in my loft. This projector fits more than my need and I am happy with this purchase. I installed it yesterday so I cannot really comment a lot in detail but I am liking what I am seeing in the few minutes that I had a chance to watch it.
post #10 of 88 Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

7th Amazon review:

By Diane Kistner (North Carolina)

Okay, I'm not one of those who streams a lot of movies because our internet service is a little erratic in the mountains. We get way too much lag if we're trying to use more than a few devices (computers) at the same time on our wireless netywork, so essentially we have to power down everything else if we want to stream a movie. But given the opportunity to review this projector, and especially if I download a movie to my computer instead of trying to stream it, I have to say that it's a really nice experience for a movie night with DH. Even without a projector screen, projecting onto a buff-colored textured wall, the image is not bad at all. You do need a darkened room for the best viewing experience, of course, and I'm sure the image would be a whole heck of a lot better with an appropriate screen. Our Roku box works just fine in either of the two HDMI slots.

It takes some fiddling to get the settings just right, but you can start out with everything set to auto and then go from there. (The manual horizontal/vertical adjuster on the projector itself does not work, however, if you set the H/V extended settings to auto.) Don't attempt to do anything until you've checked the product manual for proper positioning and adjustments. Projectors like this, while in some ways easy to use, are not completely plug-and-play. Your environment, positioning of furniture, lighting, and distance of the projector from the wall/screen all will have an impact on the quality of the viewing image. Movie houses take down all the lights and have curtained walls for a reason.

Our living room is fairly cozy (small). We have a 65" wide recessed area in the wall across from our seating area where we have our 22" daytime "while working" TV set up for background-watching news or listening to digital music, and this room is where I work on my laptop during the day. I was able to get the image from the projector to almost fill this wall width and float above the top of the smaller TV so we don't have to move anything when we want to watch a movie on the weekend. Of course, the image can go considerably larger (up to a barely imaginable 300"!), but in our case that would take it out of the recessed area. If you don't have a suitable home theater-style or outdoor setup, going larger can be like sitting in the first few rows of a movie theater: headache-inducing.

I found the projector to be a little noisy unless set on the energy-saving setting. Also, I discovered that closing the lens shutter in the front turns off the projector, resulting in the need to re-download a streamed movie. The remote that comes with the projector provides access to most settings you would need while watching various media without having to go into the Menu settings on the projector itself. You can also hook up a sound system to it, which I would want to do if setting up a dedicated theater space. Ideally you'll want to have your power access nearby, installed in the floor or the projector cabinet, and that's not something we're going to do. So now we've got the projector sitting on the coffee table in the middle of the room with the cords running to a surge suppressor lying beside the sofa. That's not a setup that would work for us unless we're actually sitting down watching a movie. If you're going to dive in and do the dedicated home theater thing, be prepared to spend some money to do it right.
post #11 of 88 Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Price drop to $849 at Amazon.
post #12 of 88 Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Now only $799 with Free Roku LT player at Amazon
post #13 of 88 Old 11-22-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There are now 17 reviews on Amazon, 16 rated 5 and 1 rated 4. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this projector here.
post #14 of 88 Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 AM

Liked: 10
I was going to buy a wireless projector but for the price I'm seriously considering this projector to replace my 65" tv. Ceiling mount it and fish the wall to run a hdmi cable.The mount is $40 and the bulb replacement is only $99. Epson also sent me an email with 15% off most of thier products. The MSRP is $899 on the epson site. It looks like I can get the projector, mount and HDMI cable all for under $900. Sounds like a great starter projector.smile.gif
post #15 of 88 Old 11-24-2013, 02:34 AM

Only thing that worries me is the 1800 lumens. Not sure if that is bright enough for everyday television watching.. the reviews seem to indicate it is enough.
post #16 of 88 Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Now only $749 with free Roku LT player. Seems like a much better option since it's $250 less than the Epson 2030 and you only lose 200 lumens.
post #17 of 88 Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM

Yeah but.. is 1800 lumens bright enough? I never had a projector, so I have no idea. I actually thought about getting the 720p unit that is much cheaper but has much higher lumens. I just don't know enough about it to make a good decision.. The room isn't real bright but I don't want to have to darken the room just to watch tv.
post #18 of 88 Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I was going to get the 2030 until I saw this one. Reviews have been very favorable, Art @ Projector Reviews really sold me on it with his review. (link below)

I was deciding between Optoma HD131Xe and the BenQ W1070 but I see too much RBE in these DLP's, so going with LCD. For $829 (current Amazon price) it sounds like a sweet deal.

Anyone have feedback on how it performs with game consoles? Movies? Any motion blur? Fan noise?

Thanks!

http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/epson-home-cinema-2030-projector-review/
kwanbis likes this.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #19 of 88 Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 PM

Liked: 12
I just bought one this week..So far everything is GREAT!!..I had the Epson 710HD before I bought this one, the picture is much better since I'm now at 1080 instead of 720.
It's very bright, especially if you can make your room dark...I can make my room completely dark and it was almost too bright...
The contrast is above average, but the blacks could still be a little darker.
The picture quality and colors are excellent.
The fan noise is very quiet and I don't even notice it,when I'm watching a movie in ECO mode..In regular mode, it can be a little distracting,but nowhere near as noisy as some models. I always have it in ECO mode anyway, so no biggie smile.gif
The size is about the same as the 710HD,just slightly bigger (about an inch)..It does feel a little heavier and better made.
The controls are very to use and if you are familiar with Epson, then its a breeze..I also like the on screen menu on this one, as it is a small box in the upper right corner, instead of taking up half the screen.
The 3D looks excellent!!..the projector is bright enough to show a beautiful 3D picture, especially in a dark room.
My only complaint so far, is that for some reason, the power switch does not work, but the remote powers it on just fine..I have contacted Epson about this to see if there is a setting to control this, or if there is something wrong with the unit itself...waiting to hear back from them
Overall, I would give this projector a solid 4.5 stars out of 5..GREAT bang for the buck!!!
kwanbis and BDUB619 like this.
post #20 of 88 Old 02-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Set up my Epson 2000 this past Saturday and could not be happier. Picture "out of box" is fantastic! I haven't even adjusted settings yet and already the picture is much improved over my previous Optoma HD131Xe DLP projector. And no more rainbows (RBE)!! This is my first 3LCD PJ and I'm stunned. Picture is as good as my Sony70 LED, except 36" bigger smile.gif. I watched Oblivion, Man of Steel and World War Z as well as played Xbox One and PS4 and this Epson did extremely well on all of them. No blurring, no noticable lag. Even my fiance' was impressed (and she thought I was crazy to sell my Sony LCD TV and go projector). Anyone reading this that is thinking of getting this Epson or maybe getting their first projector ever, I was in the same boat. If you have a light controlled room and want a huge HD picture, give this Epson a shot. For same price as a 60" LED TV, you can have a much better (and bigger) viewing experience.
kwanbis likes this.

Sony 70" W830B LED TV
post #21 of 88 Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everybody! I want to upgrade my current projector and my top 3 options are the BenQ W1070 (and 1080ST), the HD131xe (and HD131xw), and the Epson Home Cinema 2000 (and 2030), but, there are a couple of issues with my current projector, an Optoma GT700, that I would like to avoid with my next projector. Let me list them:

3D COMPATIBILITY: I have a homemade HTPC with a Radeon 6570. I choose this specific card to be able to watch 3D movies. But even though all my components are supposedly compatible and 3D ready, I have not been able to see 3D content with the GT700.

The problem seems to be a compatibility issue between my Onkyo HTX-22HDX sound system, and the GT700. If I connect the HTPC and GT700 through the Onkyo, I don’t see any 3D options on the on the projector, but if I connect the HTPC directly to the GT700, the projector shows all the 3D options. So for me it is clear that there is a compatibility issue between the Onkyo and the GT700.

HEAT AND HIGH ALTITUDE: after about two years of use, the color wheel on the GT700 broke and it had to be changed. The technician told me that it would be better to have the “high altitude” mode on, but on the GT700 high altitude mode is really loud, to the point where it makes impractical to watch a movie. My home is at about 2600 meters (8500 feet) above sea level but the average temperature is 15 Celsius (59 Fahrenheit) which is pretty fresh.

Just for reference, last night I decided to measure the temperature of the GT700 during use. With the ambient temperature around 15 Celsius / 59 Fahrenheit, and with NON high altitude mode (normal mode), it measured 40 Celsius / 104 Fahrenheit.

PROJECTOR QUALITY: I live in another country so I would have to import my next projector, and while I understand that any electronics could have issues on arrival or fail within any period of time, one thing is to import a projector that has the standard ~2% failure rate, and another thing is to import a projector that is known to have quality/manufacturing issues. For example, on W1070 threads, it seems to be normal to read about a lot of people mentioning that they had to return not only one, but even two W1070, till they got a good one. Obviously, this is a luxury I cannot have.

So (1) would the HC2000 have 3D compatibility issues with my current setup? (2) would it require high altitude mode or would it do just fine on normal mode? (3) if it does requires high altitude mode, does it makes a lot of noise, or is it usable? (4) Are there known manufacturing issues above the normal ~2% margin of error? And finally, would any other projector at around 800 dollars serve me better?

THANKS A LOT!
post #22 of 88 Old 03-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Straight on a crappy wall that needs prep/paint. Hand held P&S Canon Elph310.

Fully lit room, open curtains and lights on. Netflix.

IMG_1302_zpsdc0be724.jpg

Lights out, Man Of Steel Blu-Ray (3D is very good too).

IMG_1301_zps2fadfde8.jpg

IMG_1300_zpsa4b12134.jpg

IMG_1299_zps1c4b0b73.jpg

IMG_1296_zps410a60e9.jpg

IMG_1294_zpsa78b6d04.jpg

IMG_1286_zpsa0c7d01d.jpg

Pacific Rim trailer,

IMG_1293_zpsda910008.jpg

Open curtains gaming,

IMG_1282_zps87b2833e.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsa552b3b3.jpg

IMG_1280_zpsb4af993e.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsc23b8f09.jpg
kwanbis likes this.
post #23 of 88 Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM Audi View Post

Straight on a crappy wall that needs prep/paint. Hand held P&S Canon Elph310.
Wonderful. I just bought it since it is at 819 on amazon with 100 dollars in amazon gift card, which for me makes is a wonderful projector at 719!
post #24 of 88 Old 03-08-2014, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanbis View Post

Wonderful. I just bought it since it is at 819 on amazon with 100 dollars in amazon gift card, which for me makes is a wonderful projector at 719!
Did the same, though its $829. Still, great price.

Need to get a nice ceiling drop mount, and paint the wall.
kwanbis likes this.
post #25 of 88 Old 03-08-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM Audi View Post

Did the same, though its $829. Still, great price.
My bad, it is 829 like you said.
post #26 of 88 Old 03-09-2014, 07:44 PM

I understand that we can use SAMSUNG SSG 4100GB, SAMSUNG SSG 5100GB and Playstation 3 3D Glasses, is that so? Any other $20 model we can use?
post #27 of 88 Old 03-11-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanbis View Post

You won't regret it. This Epson 2000 is much better than the Optoma HD131Xe and slightly better than the BenQ W1070 IMO. The colors are sharper and brighter, plus since it's 3LCD, no chance for Rainbow Effect that is noticable in the DLP projectors. Enjoy!

And yes, Samsung 5100GB 3D glasses. I picked some up last week to watch Gravity in 3D, simply AWESOME!! (the Samsung glasses are the only ones I've seen confirmed to work on the Epson 2000/2030 projectors)
kwanbis likes this.

Sony 70" W830B LED TV
post #28 of 88 Old 03-11-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post

You won't regret it. This Epson 2000 is much better than the Optoma HD131Xe and slightly better than the BenQ W1070 IMO. The colors are sharper and brighter, plus since it's 3LCD, no chance for Rainbow Effect that is noticable in the DLP projectors. Enjoy!

And yes, Samsung 5100GB 3D glasses. I picked some up last week to watch Gravity in 3D, simply AWESOME!! (the Samsung glasses are the only ones I've seen confirmed to work on the Epson 2000/2030 projectors)
Thanks. Hope so. Would report back once I have it.
post #29 of 88 Old 03-12-2014, 07:03 AM

Liked: 12

I can also confirm that the SSG-5100GB work great.

I'm really loving this projector.

kwanbis likes this.
post #30 of 88 Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Do any of you know if the 3LCD technology is cooler (as in not so hot)? Or would still require some type of high altitude mode?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson V11h562020 Powerlite Home Cinema 2000 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread