Video games (some) look terrible on my Panasonic AR100U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I just wanted to ask if any one knows any tricks are has any advise for video games on this (or any 1080 lcd) projector. Some, but not all video games have horrible jaggies, XBox & PS3. I realize that most of this is do to with ancient consoles without proper AA, and also of corse the size at which I'm projecting. Right now I'm playing GTA 5 (Xbox) and it looks absolutely horrible. Not all games look terrible however...some are amazing. The two that come to mind recently that have been the worst are The Last of Us, and GTA 5. Two games that have been deemed the most beautiful on the systems. These two games have the worst jaggies I've ever seen.

Anybody have any any suggestions for settings on the projector (or Xbox) that might improve things a bit? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Buy an xbox one
post #3 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Buy an xbox one

Lol, my hunch is you don't need to buy an Xbox one. There might be some settings within your projector, because the 360 and ps3 are both running HDMI out, as will the xbox one. Is there a trend of the type of game, i.e. fps, racing, RPG, etc where you notice different results?
post #4 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

Lol, my hunch is you don't need to buy an Xbox one. There might be some settings within your projector, because the 360 and ps3 are both running HDMI out, as will the xbox one. Is there a trend of the type of game, i.e. fps, racing, RPG, etc where you notice different results?

It's not the projector it's the game. Xbox isn't powerful enough to render 1080p. So you get blocky edges the more detailed the environment.

Xbox one and ps4 will be better. It was a serious answer.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 43
What is your screen size by the way?
post #6 of 8 Old 09-23-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm shooting at a 120" screen from 13' away...which is absolutely part of the problem I know. And yes, Xbox one and and the PS4 will absolutely be better (But they aint out yet). The 360 and the PS3 are ancient machines and game developers are pushing them a little too hard with a severe lack of anti-aliasing. However, most games look great (some spectacular...Skyrim) while a few big titles have jaggies from hell (GTA 5 being one of the worst I've seen). Anyway, I really just wanted to know if there were any tricks to possibly make it better.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Infocus your projector?

I don't think you are listening lol. You are seeing the games as they are meant to be seen. Nothing you can do about it. Try playing on a smaller tv maybe.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCUBBYx View Post

I'm shooting at a 120" screen from 13' away...which is absolutely part of the problem I know. And yes, Xbox one and and the PS4 will absolutely be better (But they aint out yet). The 360 and the PS3 are ancient machines and game developers are pushing them a little too hard with a severe lack of anti-aliasing. However, most games look great (some spectacular...Skyrim) while a few big titles have jaggies from hell (GTA 5 being one of the worst I've seen). Anyway, I really just wanted to know if there were any tricks to possibly make it better.

Most likely it's game related if some games look fine and others don't. Game developers tend to be looking at the game on 22-24" screens, not 120" screens. I even notice some "jaggies" when playing GTA 5 on my 24" monitor. I haven't played it on my projector yet, but I'm pretty sure it will magnify those issues.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ar100u Lcd Projector , Panasonic Pt Ar100u Lcd Projector Pt Ar100u , Grand Theft Auto V
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page