Will my setup work with the lens shift of the Epson 5020ub? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-21-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hi,
I intend to buy the Epson 5020ub projector (well, probably the 5030ub which will soon be announced).

I used the projector calculator but I am still not sure if my setup will work with this projector. I want to use an existing cabinet and put the project on top of it instead of wall-mounting it (WAF issue). I did some calculations and the center point in the cabinet location is 132cm to the right and 45cm above the *desired* center point. That is to say, I need to do a vertical shift of 45cm down and 132cm left in order to reach my desired location.

Now, this works with the lens shift specifications (I am targeting a 120" 16:9 screen from 6 meters away), but Epson always points out that using both left/right and up/down will change the max lens shift possible, they just don't say by how much.

Would appreciate some comments from owners and people in the know.

Here's the calculation I did:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I don't have 5020, but I do have an 8350 and old HC400. Both of mine are very similar lens shift wise, so I suspect the 5020 is close.

132cm of horizontal shift is the far end of the range, and possibly a little beyond, for a 120" screen. With my two, you still have a bit of vertical if the horizontal is max'd out, but not much. 45cm is only about 15% of the vertical range, so, you might just be able to do it, but I can't say with any certainty.

If you used a slightly larger screen, you'd have more breathing room. Either that, or position the screen horizontally closer to the cabinet. Just a guess, but 20cm would probably do it.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page