AVS Forum banner

benq w1070 calibration

27K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pjp 
#1 ·
Settings

Unit-to-unit sample variations, the viewing environment, and the source might render these recommendations less than optimum. They are provided only as a potentially useful starting place.

The settings here that are most likely to translate reliably from one sample to another are those involving specific features with only a few setting options, such as Color Space, Gamma, and Noise Reduction. The ones most likely to be subject to sample variations are video controls offering a wide range of settings. This will be particularly true for color temperature (gray scale).
We strongly advise that you find the optimum basic video settings for your sample using one of the many display setup discs that are available, such as Digital Video Essentials HD Basics (Blu-ray). A full calibration, particularly of the gray scale, is best left to a trained and properly equipped technician such as those certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) or THX.

2D

Preset Mode Cinema

Brightness 51

Contrast 45

Color N/A

Tint N/A

Sharpness 7

Color Temperature Normal

Lamp Power Economic

Advanced:

Black Level N/A

ClarityControl Noise Reduction 0

ColorTemperature Fine Tuning

Gain Offset

Red 94 256

Green 91 256

Blue 98 256

Gamma Selection 2.4 or 2.5

Brilliant Color On or Off (see text)

Color Management

R G B C M Y

Hue 44 50 50 50 60 64

Gain 53 50 42 50 51 52

Saturation 50 50 50 50 50 50

Aspect Ratio Auto*

Keystone 0

Overscan Adjustment 0

Digital Zoom 1.0x

3D

Preset Mode 3D

Brightness 50

Contrast 75

Color N/A

Tint N/A

Sharpness 7

Color Temperature Normal

Lamp Power SmartECO

Advanced:

Black Level N/A

ClarityControl Noise Reduction 0

ColorTemperature Fine Tuning

Gain Offset

Red 108 256

Green 83 256

Blue 93 256

Gamma Selection 2.2 or 2.4

Brilliant Color Off

Color Management

R G B C M Y

Hue 45 50 50 50 50 50

Gain 60 70 80 50 50 50

Saturation 50 50 50 50 50 50

Aspect Ratio Auto*

Keystone 0

Overscan Adjustment 0

Digital Zoom 1.0x

*Use Anamorphic for proper playback of 480i widescreen source

See less See more
#4 ·
Out of the box cinema is closer to the standars and a god starting point for the calibration

In the other hand i didn't see diference between cinema and user1/user2 after calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_AV  /t/1491630/benq-w1070-calibration#post_24186967

For regular 2D viewing, how come you use Cinema and not the default mode?

#5 ·
Settings

Unit-to-unit sample variations, the viewing environment, and the source might render these recommendations less than optimum. They are provided only as a potentially useful starting place....
Thanks so much for posting the settings, they helped quite a bit. I'm forced to project onto a non-ideal wall (can't put a screen there), so I had to bump up brightness to 54, and then set contrast by eye to 49.

Yes, this is a very old thread, but just got a "new to me" w1070 (which I love by the way), so if anybody is still talking about settings, or if the post 1 settings have been refined further since 2013, I'd love to hear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.