HD25-LV image noise - feedbacks ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning,

On Projector Reviews, they give a very good rating to the HD25-LV, except for image noise, which seems rather high... See this link http://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/hd25-lv/performance.php

That said, after digging, especially on this forum, I could not really find such a severe statement on image noise against the HD25-LV

For reference, I'm planning to upgrade my Optoma HD80. I can control lightning when viewing movies, and I have a 2.5m diagonal screen (unfortunately I can't remember the gain of the screen). My viewing distance is relatively small because of room constraint, about 3.5m. Projector is ceiling mounted.

I'm overly relatively satisfied with the HD80, not being a purist with regards to PQ (although of course I can see the difference, but the screen size does make a difference compared to a regular Plasma/LCD TV). The primary driver to upgrade is to get 3D, something which the Optoma seem to excel at.

However there are two concerns I can think of based on these reviews:

- mounting seem difficult
- Image noise seem subpar according to Projector Reviews

I would welcome any feedback from HD25-LV owner on this, keeping in mind my viewing distance. Ideally if somebody has made the comparison between the HD80 and the HD25-LV, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Vincent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've read on another forum that people experienced grainy images when the source is 24hz, but when the source is 60hz the grain goes away. You can read some posts abou it here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/1749349-optoma-hd25-hd131x-owners-thread-26.html
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page