Bluish tint, stripe what ever in the picture, which polarizer is faulty? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-02-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

The problem is pretty obvious from the above picture. The projector is Panasonic PT-AX100E which gots 2000 hours on it and the current lamp has 80h. I have read that the polarizers are some what replaceable but the LCD-panels are not worth it. Which polarizer is faulty and gives that tint? The picture is otherwise superb and feels sad that the blue strip is ruining it although you can't spot it in the movies but when on desktop... :( 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Ok, I mostly fixed it. I opened the projector and took a look on the optics, the blue polarizer and the lens before it had some damage on them and needed replacement so luckily I had a spare projector laying around and the polarizer and lens was in better shape in that one.

I washed the polarizer and lens to make sure that there wasn't anything on them. After washing and drying with compressed air, I inspected the parts with magnifying glass and flashlight and there was nothing left so I installed them. The install process is really easy, just keep the gloves on and don't touch the optics. The service manual offers step by step directions on how to get to the opticalblock where the polarizers and lenses are located.

After picture:

Yes there is still a small bit of the bluish color left but it isn't that moderate anymore so I don't get annoyed about it anymore. My next project will be getting better screen and it will also cure the problem as I will get rid of the hotspot. My current screen is: Huge piece of paper taped to the wall :D 

Let's hope that it will work well for next 2000 or even 4000 hours as I have already two almost new lamps for this projector model.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ax100u Home Cinema Projector
Gear in this thread - Ax100u by PriceGrabber.com