So what's the deal, basically no new PJs this year? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-02-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Some expensive JVCs and Sonys and everyone else is pretty much just hanging on to last year's models?

I was hoping some tech/improvements would be trickling down by now. I'd really love a JVC RS48 or similar, something with great blacks and something like e-shift to improve the image since we sit quite close, but I guess not. And even the B-Stocks are out of my price range unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
From the little I have seen it seems next year or the year after we shall see more as 4k becomes more of a reality. I don't think e-shift is anything to get excited about. 4k, better blacks and bright 3d without crosstalk is what I want. At the moment no sub $10,000 projector can provide that (excluding the 4k for obvious reasons). Hopefully in the next two or so years that will become a reality. smile.gif

edit: I didn't really answer what the OP was asking but there are many new pj's at the moment, just I think the big jump is still a while off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 291
It seems like manufacturers have been releasing models all year.

Epson has the 2030, 4030, 5030, and 6030 models coming out. JVC has a fairly long list, which are generally over $3,000MSRP, but this is typical of JVC. Sony got kudos for their $15,000 UHD projector (!!!), and has the HW55 coming to market.

But, look at the rest of the year. The W1070/W1080 from BenQ was released early this year so isn't very old. The Optoma 131x was just released in August (that's this year), they also have a HD1011 from Optoma which is just coming out. InFocus has been notably absent, and Panasonic doesn't appear to be updating the AE8000.

Still several of the major players have updated for this year, and are just releasing products throughout the year instead of focusing on CEDIA, CED, or INFOCOMM for their release schedule. I'm okay with this.

Look at this list to see how many 1080p models have been released this year.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=&w=&r=13&br=700&br=7000&ll=&ltg=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&wr=&sp=35&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=&i=d&is=&sort=ship&sz=15

Not bad IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector , Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page