Suggestions needed for limited screen size and set projector position - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello:

I am a newbie to the home theatre projectors. I've done quite a bit of research and learned alot, but after a certain point it all just gets confusing. So I am coming to you experts. Sorry if my questions is a stupid one.

I am looking for a home theatre projector for my apartment to help save space a television fills. I have 9' ceilings and white walls, lots of windows but they have shades. The projector will be positioned around 16 1/2 feet from the screen, and I have a limited screen size of 6-7 feet wide. Due to the position in the room, I will also need wireless HDMI.

I have been looking at the Optoma 25, Optoma HD33, and the BENQ W1070. I want a good projector, but have a limited budget as I will also probably need to purchase the wireless hdmi port. I know that I need to make sure I have enough lumens to conquer any ambient light, but I am now concerned that due to the projector distance I will not be able to get my image small enough to fit within my constraints.

Suggestions? or if I've not provided enough information, please let me know. Again, I'm new to all this.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 33
As I recall, the Optoma 25 at a 16-foot throw will zoom down to a seven-foot-wide screen. Check the Optoma website for their distance calculator to be sure.

The Optoma 131 is the same specifications for a bit less money.

The BenQ 1500 will zoom even smaller, and has wireless HDMI, but costs almost twice what the Optoma 131 costs.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-05-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'll check it out again. Thanks!

Any other suggestions or other models that people would recommend?

JW

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Hd 3d Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd33 3d Ready Dlp Projector , Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page