Can I get a replacement LCD to fix Epson 710HD color issues? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a projector that occasionally display nothing but green. At other times it displays the video steam, but everything is purple.

I presume the LCD panel in it has issues, especially since I have a very high spec HDMI cable, and wiggling the cable causes no changes (or is that because the signal is digital rather than analog, and so the cable could be the problem?)

Does anyone agree that that the LCD could be faulty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 107
How long is the cable. A cable that is not capable of sufficient bandwidth can cause what you describe. The wrong color space can also cause what you are describing.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoffo View Post

I have a projector that occasionally display nothing but green. At other times it displays the video steam, but everything is purple.

I presume the LCD panel in it has issues, especially since I have a very high spec HDMI cable, and wiggling the cable causes no changes (or is that because the signal is digital rather than analog, and so the cable could be the problem?)

Does anyone agree that that the LCD could be faulty?

Its NOT the panels. Its somewhere in the signal path. if it were the panel you would see a yellow spot or a grayisn/blue hue in parts of the screen. take a VGA cable and hook it up to a laptop and My guess is you will get a normal screen . If you still have the problem it lies in the projector itself. before you do ANY of this you may want to wiggle the connectors between your source and the projector. - Bohanna
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson V11h475020 318 Inches Powerlite Home Cinema 710 Hd 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page