LG PA75U - My Review... Sort of. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

My First post and wanted to somewhat dispel some of the negative reviews on this projector I've seen. I've been reading alot of the reviews on various projectors.. Jumping from Acer, to Epson, to Optoma, to LG... Just looking for certain specifications I wanted.

I know what most of you will say, but for me, The following items were the most important.

- At least 720p
- Fully 3d capable
- LED lighting
- small form factor
- Inexpensive
- Short throw distance

I had a limited amount of money to purchase a projector, screen, surround sound system, and mounting hardware, so I more or less was looking for biggest bank for the buck equipment. I am setting up a theater room in my basement, so no ambient light. The room is approximately 12x12, so kinda small and I wanted to have a decent sized screen. I originally was looking at the PA70G projector, but later found the LG PA75U. Somewhat the same projector, with the added benefit of full 3d capable, and smart tv apps.

It's only been 1 day so far, but honestly, I couldn't be happier. Picture really is pretty amazing for a 720p 700 lumen projector. Very vivid and bright just on the default settings (of course I'm in a completely dark room). For the money you just can't beat it.

My input on the Negative things people say:

Focus Issues - This projector is rated for a 40" - 100" screen. Anything bigger than 100" you could have some focusing issues. That doesn't mean you will. I've got mine currently set at approximately 114" diagonal, and still have a little play with the focus wheel. Maybe they've corrected the issues with the focus wheel, or I just got a good one..

Remotes (should have combined the remotes to 1) - Honestly, I've not even found a reason to use anything but the magic remote. It can access everything the other remote can, and makes it fun to use. Yeah the other remote has more buttons, but both can do the same thing.

Speakers do not sound that great - Really?! It's a projector. I'd prefer it to not have any speakers at all...

Smart TV apps are limited - I really don't plan on using any of this functionalty, but that's what media boxes are for..

I've not had a chance to watch anything in 3D yet, since my glasses aren't in. Ordered them from Sainsonic.. Didn't realize they were actually coming from China. yay...

I'm using this as a projector, not a complete multimedia system and I couldn't be happier. Seriously, if you are wanting a really good LED projector, that does 3D and is 720p, it chews gum and kicks some serious butt, and it's all out of gum.

Something else I forgot to mention is that having this projector, you have to be willing to work around the fact that it doesn't have a zoom feature. I'm still in the process of getting everything in (ceiling mount, etc). I have it mounted to a tripod right now. I get my ceiling moount tomorrow, and will temporarily put the mount on a 8"x24" board that I can set in the drop ceiling frame and slide it back and fourth until I find the right distance for the screen.

I don't mind doing this, but I'm sure others will..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I also noticed the date of manufacturer of my projector is August 2013, so LG may have fixed some of the previous issues.. I guess I'll see as I get to use it..

post #3 of 7 Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Liked: 10
Can you give a link for the ceiling mount you used..thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 11-13-2013, 04:12 AM

Using video security solutions model# pj2w from amazon works great
post #5 of 7 Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekmccoy View Post

Can you give a link for the ceiling mount you used..thanks

Here's the one I used

freekmccoy likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM

I see alot of people using camera tripods for these PJs..I wonder if I could use a CCTV mount,would that be same size screw?
I have a vaulted ceiling,and my current PJ is mounted from a long ceiling fan drop pole that I used to have.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
As long as the tread size and bolt size is the same I don't see why it won't work.
Get a bolt the same tread and size as the tripod bolt and your good to go.
freekmccoy likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Pa75u Dlp Home Theater Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page