Curved bottom??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I spent all weekend wiring hdmi and power to setup my 2030 hanging from a 2x2 tile with mount I got form amazon. It's about 9 feet from the 92" screen. Picture is great however one thing is bugging me. The bottom of the image seems to curve upward in the middle. the top seems straight, sides but the bottom two corners are lower than the middle. You can see pretty well from the attached picture. The mount is straight, keystone is all accurate. Can anyone help????

Gear List!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Are you sure the bottom bar of the screen is not sagging?
Old 10-20-2013, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 380
The lens of every projector also always introduces a bit of distortion. It's just a fact with the curved elements of the lens. Not typically as noticeable as what I'm seeing on your screen, but this may be an imperfect screen as well (as mentioned above). This is why screens should always have a deep black border around the edges so you can slightly overshoot the screen and hide the flaws in the image which are typically in place and produce a perfect looking image.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, but with one of the cheaper projectors on the market, this may be an issue which is going to come up due to the quality of optics in use.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 PM

My W1070 does the same thing, except it's at the top of the image since the pj is on the coffee table. I just increase the image size until the top middle reaches the border so the corners overshoot. It's not distorted very much so with the overshoot you don't even notice it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

The screen is level and tight, not sagging. From zooming in/out, playing with keystones, etc. i think it's just the projector. I could put it below the black but I'm picky about that stuff. Would a different projector be better? are they all going to be that way with where it's mounted and where the screen is?

Gear List!

Old 10-22-2013, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Returned it and got the Epson 3020 and not only does the image seem better, but it's much straighter all around.

Gear List!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd1438 View Post

Returned it and got the Epson 3020 and not only does the image seem better, but it's much straighter all around.
interesting.... does the epson image seem as sharp? if so I might assume there was something wrong with your benq's optics beyond the normal economy optics variations...

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector