No More Mitsubishi Front Projectors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Not that they have really been a forward company on the home theater or business front, but they have had some models which people have certainly enjoyed, and I believe trusted over the years...
Quote:
Mitsubishi (Cypress CA) is no longer manufacturing front projectors. There has been no official “statement,” but Sound & Communications spoke with James Chan, VP of Marketing, Pro Visual Systems, to learn about the corporate decision. According to Chan, Mitsubishi’s decided to discontinue production/manufacturing of front projectors (and, earlier, single-unit large-format monitors) from its lineup. The company is continuing with production and sales of its datawall/display wall and LCD wall business, as well as photographic and medical printers, based on the fact that these products are rated #1 or #2 in marketshare in their segments. Chan reported that the change is being handled in two stages, the first of which occurred on October 11, with halting of manufacturing, at which time 20 staff members were let go; another 10 will be let go at year’s end. The second stage involves the need to sell through worldwide inventory. He stressed that any currently installed Mitsubishi products, and those that are bought during the inventory drawdown, will be fully supported with warranty coverage, parts and lamps, for about five years or until “end of life” for the products. The company is “maintaining its commitment to its customers,” Chan offered.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-23-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 101
That sucks. I had a Mitsubishi HC4900 and it was a solid projector. I suspect the margins are just so tight now it is not worth it unless you are selling uber high volumes.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought the hc7900 and before the hc3000 love Mitsubishi .they make great projector i never had any problems and i forget a tv too 60" its very bad for the futur.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Very sorry to see them go. I'm on my second Mits pj (HC3800) and after replacing the lamp a month or so ago, it's working flawlessly again. They made a very good product at a reasonable price point but I would think it was a very small niche in their corporate structure and wasn't worth the time or money that they were putting into to it versus return.

With the pull-out of Panasonic in the plasma market, I now own two out of business TV's; the Mits and a 2 month old S60.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I had a Mitsubishi HC4900 and it was a solid projector.
My HC4900 is almost 6 years old, still on the original lamp, and looks as good as the day I installed it (well, it's probably a little dimmer now)!

I've been thinking that when it goes to Projector Heaven I would replace it with a JVC, so Mits going away makes me sad, but not devastated... wink.gif
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector , Mitsubishi Hc3000u High Definition 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector , Mitsubishi Hc3800 1080p Home Theater Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page