replacement for for epson 8350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-25-2013, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello all, first post here.

Have had a 8350 for a few years, im 50/50 on this projector, happy with the quality of picture for the price, not at all happy with epson for refusing to replace my bulb after it died with way less than half the bulb life left..their customer service was patronizing and unhelpful, will definitely not be buying Epson again.

Right now however it has developed a noisy fan, it starts up ok and after 30 mins or so the fans pitch becomes noticeable and eventually unbearable . when i switch it to eco mode the fan slows and th noise gets even worse, while if i go to high altitude mode, it fan itsself can be heard passing more air but the bad noise goes away?!

if i leave it in high altitude mode will i damage the bulb? im not at high altitude but presume the extra airflow will just keep it cooler? And where can i get a replacement fan for the machine, is it a DIY job or should i leave it to a pro? Im afraid the fan might go altogether and damage the unit even more. If anyone can point me to good international supplier of fans or a part number id be most appreciative .

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page