need help troubleshooting Optomo HD20, won't display direct HDMI feed. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am out of ideas, and I don't know if this is something I can fix on my own or if I'll have to take it somewhere.  

It looks like the unit is not recognizing HDMI input anymore with one exception.   I have a Blu Ray player and an XBOX 360 going into a Sony receiver and then out to the projector.  The XBOX 360 is Composite running to an HDMI converter with HDMI into the receiver, THAT WORKS.  The Blu Ray running HDMI straight to the receiver does not work. 

I tried plugging the Blu Ray directly into the projector and nothing,  gets No Signal.  I tried multiple HDMI's nothing.   I reset everything back to the lowest resolution, nothing.   It has been working fine for over a year and now nothing but the XBOX will work.  I tried other Blu Rays, nothing, I tried my PS3, it displayed a bunch of red dots, then I reset it to low res and then nothing.

The Blu Ray will work if I do not use HDMI, which is why I think it has to do with something and signals coming through HDMI.   The only anomaly is that the XBOX still works fine, 1080p 60hz, but like I said it's not outputting  HDMI straight from the XBOX, so I think that's why it works.

Any suggestions or ideas?  Anybody else have this problem?  I tried to remove the power cord from the projector and leave it off for several minutes, didn't do anything.  I don't know if there's a hard reset,  doing the reset from the menu didn't do anything either.  I tried the cords on the XBOX and they all work, so I know it's not the HDMI cords themselves.  I tried the Blu Ray on my LCD TV and it worked fine, so I know that's not the problem either, it has to be something with the Projector.

Thanks

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd20 Dlp 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page