Remaking the HT/ Have JVC RS2 Missing DLP Pop and Want 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-31-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As the title sugests I am remaking my HT. That is to say that I am finally cieling mounting the PJ and properly setting up the speaker wiring and layout along with getting blackout curtains.

So, I bought my first PJ about 2 years back, a used Marantz VP4001. The marantz is DLP with 720p. Got it hooked up and was BLOWN away. Ended up geting a Stewart screen 1.3 gain and an outdoor screen as well. The Marantz lacked any real lense shift and I started to get the upgrade bug, bought a used JVC RS2. I did one side by side comparison (Batman 2) and thought (as did my wife who generally doesn't care much either way) that the Marantz looked better.

Having just bought the JVC and spent almost double for it than for the Marantz, I supressed my dissapointment and talked myself into digging the JVC. Now, I love the JVC for ease of placement as I have been bringing it outside for backyard movies and then back inside for the HT, but feel that I want to go back to DLP as well as ad 3D, which I thought I would NEVER want.

I will keep the JVC for outdoor movies as the Marantz is a PIA to place in the backyard (it acutaly needs to be set up in a flower bed to get it right).

I am looking at the BENQ w7000 or the new 1070. As I am sure is the case for many of us, demoing units where I live is almost impossible. I am also thinkng that I should give the higher end JVC 3d units some consideration.

I do not game at all and will be using the HT for 90% movies. I have the Stewart studiotek 130 (1.3 gain) and sit about 10 feet from my 110" diagonal screen.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
you just missed the mitsubishi hc 7900 for $1100 at groupon.com but you can get it at bestbuy for $1500 or wait for to come down again.its a great projector for the money read the review at http://www.projectorreviews.com/mitsubishi/hc7900dw/index.php.
btw i love my mitsubishi.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check it out.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

I should ad that the budget for the new PJ is about $2,000 max.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
At that price you should find many projector.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Marantz Vp4001 Dlp Projector , Benq W7000 Home Projection System , Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv
Gear in this thread - W7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page