Epson 8350 vs BenQ W7000: Help me Decide - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I purchased an Epson 8350 the other day and I've loved it so far. I currently throw about 10'11" and scale the size down to about 86." I use the lens shift to shift the image down a bit (I can't figure out where the true center of the projected image is anymore after having adjusted it a lot). I'm considering spending a bit more and upgraded to the W7000 before my Best Buy return window ends. I'm a big gamer so input lag is important. I've read the W7000 is around 40-50ms while the 8350 is around 20ms. I also heard the W7000 has an overall sharper image and the black levels between the two are comparable. I also like that the W7000 has native 24p support and that ability to not show black bars when watching 2:35:1 aspect ratio movies. I used to have a DLP projector and never noticed rainbows, although it seems to be an increased issue with this projector.

At my projection distance the 8350 can reach 111" while the W7000 can only reach 93." While I currently do not really go above the 90" mark (image is just a bit too large from where I sit) it is still nice to have the option to go larger - which the 8350 provides. It's especially nice for watching sports like hockey, because your eyes have to follow the play anyway. While with watching movies/tv/video games its not as good because you need to see the entire image to get the full benefit (in my opinion). 

Is the W7000 $500 better in image quality? Or should I just stick with the 8350 since I've enjoyed it so far? I'd rather get a better projector now than wish I did in the near future (while buying a high-end one is definitely my next move in the future)

If anyone has any other projector recommendations in the 2k or less price range feel free to share.

Thanks!

More:
I don't plan on using 3D often, if at all really, but its possible I could get into it more.
Sometimes I watch with the lights on in my living room.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Benq W7000 Home Projection System
Gear in this thread - W7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page