Room setup technical problem - need help if workable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hi,

below picture is selfexplanatory. I decided go for projector but there is a limitation in my room. It could be only hooked as shown on the picture, and screen will be of course opposite. The problem is in already installed light in ceiling directly in the way of projected picture. I would like to know if this light will be a problem when projector throws picture on the screen, either if installed light could be directly throwng shadow and if not, then if it could cause any unwanted reflection.
I didn' t choose any projector yet, nor screen, and also the screen could be higher than it is on the picture (hooked to the ceiling and not to the wall...)

The light could be removed - no problem, but my wife is desperate, since she wants it there and she doesn't want any other light of course. I could manage to convince her but you know...and there is no light which could be installed excentric like this one http://tovar.topshopping.sk/lampy-a-lustre/moderna-stropna-lampa-mucha-40307-31-13-72116 - it's not in production anymore frown.gif

Many thanks in adv for you opinions/ideas!

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 104
It's crucial that you provide measurements for this room. Width and length, height of ceiling. From what I see it looks doable.

If necessary, a drop down mount for the projector will help clear the light fixture.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hello, so i spent some time and used original project and draw everything into it. The only info which is missing in drawing is distance from bottom of already installed lights to the ceiling. This distance is between 0.39 feet (lights are alligned horizontally) to 0,46 feet (lights are turned to 45 degree) The rest - all measurements of the room are in drawing.

Despite my wife is against, i think it would not be a problem to consider her, but...for peace in family smile.gif

Many thanks for ideas..!
post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 260
This is fine. All that matters really is that the path of light from the projector is under the lights. A projector like the W1070 is a pretty good model because the center of the projectors lens must be (about) even with the top of the image. So, you would (must) drop the projector so that the lens is under the bottom of the lights, then the screen will be about even with the center of the lens. Perfect.

Or, you could use a model like the BenQ W1080ST, which is a short throw projector which can go between the lamp and the screen. So, you could mount the projector a bit higher if you wanted. Same scenario though, the projector lens is about even with the top of the projected image. But, no chance of the lights being in the way.

Any projector with good lens shift (Epson 8345, 5030, Panasonic AE8000, AR100, BenQ W7000) will also work as long as the throw distance is good.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1080st 1080p 3d Short Throw Dlp Home Theater Projector , Epson Home Cinema 8345 1080p 3lcd Platinum Edition , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page