Chief projector mount on Amazon, for only 10£ ??? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: Chief RPMAU projector mount for 10£? Scam or real?
Scam 1 100.00%
It's real 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Chief RPMAU

Do you think it's a scam, or not? Amazon.co.uk sells this Chief projector mount, that usually costs more than 100£
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Years ago I found a Chief RPA mount for $10.00 on ebay with $1 shipping. It was an open box but it looked unused and has served me well. So I'm a believer that it's possible to find deals like this once in awhile.

As to this listing, the seller has decent ratings. Try contacting them and ask how they came across so many. Looking at the rest of what they sell, my guess is this was the leftovers from a storage unit, business that went under, etc. and that they will buy and sell just about anything if they can make a profit on it. They probably move enough merchandise that they just mark it up a little and call it a day and don't bother to research the value of items they are not familiar with.

Are you in the UK? If not you'll have to check and make sure they will deliver to where you are located.

post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Amazon has great support! Buy one, or two! Why the heck wouldn't you?

I just went through most of the process and it's about $45 shipped to the USA. What a deal that is.

I already have half a dozen of those mounts or I would have bought several of them. Certainly a find and worth a try on for 45 bucks.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Chief

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page